Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *G
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Checked in this afternoon to a beautiful Park Suite (TSU). The Bank is a gorgeous space with equally great drinks. A wonderful first impression to Vienna.

But...does anyone have some nice cocktail bars/late night establishments that AREN'T smokers' havens? Holy crap, what a buzzkill to an otherwise beautiful city.
Second this. Even some of the spaces in the PH Vienna reeked of smoke. Definitely a turn off.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: FB Lifetime Plat
Pool is under maintenance from Jan 15-Feb 11

Just received this ↓ from the hotel for a stay starting in a few days

"We may kindly advise that our indoor pool will be under maintenance from 15 January until 11 February 2018. It goes without saying that all other areas at the Arany Spa are not affected. Naturally our sauna, steam bath, sanarium, vitally showers and the fitness center can be used during this period. Please accept our sincerest apology for the inconveniences caused."
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gnof
Second this. Even some of the spaces in the PH Vienna reeked of smoke. Definitely a turn off.
There's a cigar bar just off the lobby.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
There's a cigar bar just off the lobby.
The cigar bar was a nice surprise.
synd and SPBanker like this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
The cigar bar was a nice surprise.
Figures you would think so.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Back in Vienna next week and hotel choices are The Marriott or Ritz-Carlton. Anyone have experiences/recommendations?
Old Feb 21, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I recommend the Park Hyatt. Might be better asking your question in the Marriott or Ritz forums.
luvFclass and PortlySpartacus like this.
Old May 26, 2018, 10:04 am

First time staying at a Park Hyatt, so pardon my boorishness:

Are the cigars/whiskey in the living room complimentary? What about the cakes/champagne in the room next to it? My girlfriend and I walked in from the beer festival outside and went to check those things out, and no one was there to verify our status as guests. We weren't particularly hungry, but curious if we could have eaten a cake (this is from the Living Room area, not the cafe) or sipped some whiskey or smoked a cigar without extra charges~
Old May 27, 2018, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders
Are the cigars/whiskey in the living room complimentary? What about the cakes/champagne in the room next to it?
No.

Although IME food and beverage at this property is very fairly priced, especially considering the quality.
Old May 28, 2018, 5:33 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
No.

Although IME food and beverage at this property is very fairly priced, especially considering the quality.
You have to be careful with the bourbons. Their list shows several BTAC bottlings at what would be really good prices in almost any bar here in the US. Unfortunately, those aren't the bottles that are poured. For example, the list includes George T Stagg and William Larue Weller. However, the bottles served were Stagg Jr and Weller Special Reserve. These aren't bad bourbons, but are overpriced and not what was "advertised"
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:07 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Folks - need some advice. My wife, daughter (11 year) and I are off to Vienna for vacation next week. We have 4 nights booked at the Parky Hyatt in a paid Park King premium for 500 euros per night. Question for you: I would really like the extra space (slightly different sleeping area for the rollaway). Should I pay an extra 300 euros per night to upgrade to the suite? If so, what suite should I upgrade to? Don't mind paying the extra but would like opinion on value and the space upgrade in the suites.

For reference, I have the lowest status.

Many thanks.
SA

Last edited by DFW_CK; Jun 16, 2018 at 5:22 am
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by canuckshark
Don't mind paying the extra but would like opinion on value and the space upgrade in the suites.
The suites at this property are beautiful (and spacious). If cost isn't an issue, I would definitely upgrade.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
The suites at this property are beautiful (and spacious). If cost isn't an issue, I would definitely upgrade.
To close the loop, I worked with James Werth (from this site) to book Junior King suite with the Hyatt Prive benefits. It was one of the best decisions of the vacation. The property, service, and rooms were absolutely flawless. Loved, loved the daily breakfast at the Bank. We even did a date night dinner there and the food was excellent with amazing service.

Absolutely nothing negative to say about the property. My favorite Park Hyatt to date.
platbrownguy and afmiami like this.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
Originally Posted by canuckshark
To close the loop, I worked with James Werth (from this site) to book Junior King suite with the Hyatt Prive benefits. It was one of the best decisions of the vacation. The property, service, and rooms were absolutely flawless. Loved, loved the daily breakfast at the Bank. We even did a date night dinner there and the food was excellent with amazing service.

Absolutely nothing negative to say about the property. My favorite Park Hyatt to date.
Thank you for the recommendation! I'm really glad that you and your family had a great stay at Park Hyatt Vienna, including your upgrade from the Junior Suite to the Park Suite. Feel free to reach out with any other queries!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Spg gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
How long are all of you that have used TSU's at this hotel booking in advance? I won't get mine until close to the end of this year...(impatiently waiting)... I just booked a 5-night P&C stay here for June. What are the chances I will be able to apply one? Thank you!

And I loved reading all the wonderful reviews - I can't wait to go!

We stayed at PH Milan and Mallorca this past summer and both were incredible in their own way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.