Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
I couldn't agree more on the lights. Absolute nightmare.

What odor from the elevator?
Sorry, not well explained - I meant that when the door to the smoking lounge was kept open (which it was on several occasions) the odor from that room permeated all the
way to the elevator.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by Mickidon
Also, there is only one elevator, which can be challenging at times...
This is not accurate. There is the one glass enclosed elevator to the right up a short flight of stairs as you enter the property. This elevator goes up to guest rooms and is the only one that goes down to the pool and fitness area (you can also connect to the parking garage under Am Hof with this elevator). This elevator does not go to the Bank restaurant level without taking stairs.

What I might consider the primary elevators, especially with luggage, would be past the check in desks and then a right down the hall. There are two elevators here. These go to guest rooms, the level where the Bank Restaurant is, but not down to the pool.

There is an additional elevator from the cafe on the street level (Café Am Hof) that goes to both the Bank restaurant and Living Room. As mentioned somewhere upthread, this is the option with a wheelchair/stroller if you want to avoid the steps at the front entrance of the hotel. The Living Room is on the same level as the glass enclosed elevator.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by speedytimmy
This is not accurate. There is the one glass enclosed elevator to the right up a short flight of stairs as you enter the property. This elevator goes up to guest rooms and is the only one that goes down to the pool and fitness area (you can also connect to the parking garage under Am Hof with this elevator). This elevator does not go to the Bank restaurant level without taking stairs.

What I might consider the primary elevators, especially with luggage, would be past the check in desks and then a right down the hall. There are two elevators here. These go to guest rooms, the level where the Bank Restaurant is, but not down to the pool.

There is an additional elevator from the cafe on the street level (Café Am Hof) that goes to both the Bank restaurant and Living Room. As mentioned somewhere upthread, this is the option with a wheelchair/stroller if you want to avoid the steps at the front entrance of the hotel. The Living Room is on the same level as the glass enclosed elevator.
I had no idea! We were taken to the glass elevators upon arrival and didn't see any others. They seemed very busy, so I never considered there was a back up. Of course, I knew there had to be a service lift somewhere...Thank you.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by speedytimmy

I should add a clarification/correction regarding elevator access to the pool. The glass enclosed elevator goes down to the fitness area and check in area for the spa/pool. From here, you take stairs down to the changing rooms, spa rooms and sauna facilities. There isn't actually a guest elevator that goes down to the changing rooms, spa rooms or sauna facilities. I recall reading somewhere that there is a service elevator that does go down to this level. Unless I am missing something, there isn't any elevator access to the pool itself. Both the fitness center and spa check in overlook the pool, but to access it you have to take the stairs down to the level with the changing rooms/sauna facilities and then take a different set of stairs up to the pool. The stairs up to the pool are shown in some of the photos toward to the end of this page: Hotel Park Hyatt, Vienna - Projects - SolidNature

The first photo in the link above actually shows the two elevators that are past the check in area.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Nov 26, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

I think that analyzing someone’s expectations is key to understanding their criticisms. In this case I highly suspect this person felt entitled to an upgrade they frankly weren’t entitled to. Why else spend two hours “negotiating” for a room? They also mentioned receiving (and probably requesting) monetary compensation. For these reasons I’m skeptical that the PH really failed to deliver to the magnitude implied...

If you read carefully I had wanted a downgrade due to the poor condition of the room - I honestly did not care for the upgrade anymore at that point (which, one is entitled to if available - there wasn't, so that's fine); compensation terms were entirely offered by the hotel (indeed more generous than I had expected) and I must say the service recovery has been satisfying so far. The GM has also gotten back to me with something more to offer so if I can indeed be in touch with her directly in the future, I might consider a second stay since they sound eager enough to prove themselves again.

Case closed.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

may be best to ask to see what else is available, whether lower / higher / same

unless theyre sold out, then 'negotiation' comes into play (or just leave)

if necessary, manager on duty should be able to resolve
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Just ate at Bank this past week while staying outside of the Hyatt portfolio. Really nice atmosphere and the food was excellent!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
- How can a note be signed anonymously? Did someone sign "Anonymous"? That would be spooky.
I personally get annoyed when I get personalized letters singed “The Park Hyatt Team” or some such nonsense. Nobody to contact or get in touch with. This makes perfect sense to me.
peter42 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by lighthouse206

It sounds like this person basically expected Globalist-level treatment yet isn't a Globalist. Virtually **anyone** can get an Amex with FHR benefits (and then expect special recognition for this?? it's not even a Hyatt program!!) C'mon... if you want VIP treatment from Hyatt then make the investment...
I also agree with the poster here.

For example, I stayed at the W South Beach through FHR and they went over the top with FHR bennefits. They gave me like a laminated letter, a multi-category room upgrade, and all these free breakfast explanations, etc.

Separately, I used it to book Tambo Del Inka in Peru and got zilch. I had to argue with them at check out for the $100 spa credit. They didn’t say a single word about FHR or upgrades. They conceded breakfast was included in my room rate.

So yeah, I’ve definitely experience recognition and non-recognition of FHR benefits and think it’s a valid distinction.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 6:18 am

Hotels that participate in the AmEx FHR program have a contractual obligation to provide a certain set of benefits to guests. Nothing less (as some hotels try to do) and nothing more (as some guests expect).
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
Sorry if this was asked already, but does this property give you globalist earning and benefits when you book through AMEX FHR?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Sorry if this was asked already, but does this property give you globalist earning and benefits when you book through AMEX FHR?
Is there any reason to think that this property wouldn't do so, assuming that yo don't have some sort of nonrefundable web rate from AmEx?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I've not used FHR at this property, but have never had a problem with FHR rate at Hyatt, including multiple stays at PH Zurich.

It's Marriott that will unpredictably hose you on an FHR rate.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xmzzn123
Hyatts are usually pretty good about honoring both benefits.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt globalist, Marriott Gold
just a quick note, I got upgraded here to diplomat suite without cert, pretty happy with it.
luvFclass likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.