Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 1:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CIT85
Have you stayed at Hotel Imperial and be able to compare? I had to cancel Hotel Imperial (MB points and SNA) for December 2020, will have to decide for December 2022 (yes it's a long way off but that's planning for Christmas Markets, which are closed for 2021 again).
I've not, sorry.

Obviously a big fan of PH. This was my third stay, and the first I "only" got a Park Suite - both prior times I was upgraded to a premium suite. (Ironically, those were both award stays, whereas this one was cash.)

You might consider booking right away, before the peak awards go online.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 5:48 am

Have you stayed at Hotel Imperial and be able to compare? I had to cancel Hotel Imperial (MB points and SNA) for December 2020, will have to decide for December 2022 (yes it's a long way off but that's planning for Christmas Markets, which are closed for 2021 again).
Where did you hear markers are closed for 2021? Nothing online that I’ve seen reflects that. Ofc everything is fluid, but I believe Vienna plans on having Christmas markets this year.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The hotels are very different in style, so I think it would depend on what you're looking for. The Imperial is the more "special" hotel in terms of ambiance, but is also a bit fusty and old-fashioned compared to the PH.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aboveyourmeans
Where did you hear markers are closed for 2021? Nothing online that I’ve seen reflects that. Ofc everything is fluid, but I believe Vienna plans on having Christmas markets this year.
That's what I would expect. Apart from the vaccination and (limited) mask requirements, Vienna felt fully open and returned to normal. Quite refreshing coming from the bay area actually. (Rome as well.)
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've not, sorry.

Obviously a big fan of PH. This was my third stay, and the first I "only" got a Park Suite - both prior times I was upgraded to a premium suite. (Ironically, those were both award stays, whereas this one was cash.)

You might consider booking right away, before the peak awards go online.
Thank you, we may likely go December 2022 and cover the major German cities plus Vienna, so hoping it'll be low season then.
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The hotels are very different in style, so I think it would depend on what you're looking for. The Imperial is the more "special" hotel in terms of ambiance, but is also a bit fusty and old-fashioned compared to the PH.
I did my research on Imperial vs Bristol before booking for December 2020, and very disappointed when COVID restrictions forced me to cancel our trip. I'll have to revisit those options again with PH in the mix.
A search for first week of this December showed PH rates similar to Imperial, while Bristol is 200 euros lower.
I have not followed the Markets situation once my wife decided she's not willing to go if the experiences will be compromised by COVID restrictions. Now it appears Germany is relatively open for travelers from the US.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 8:17 am

I have not followed the Markets situation once my wife decided she's not willing to go if the experiences will be compromised by COVID restrictions. Now it appears Germany is relatively open for travelers from the US.
Well, if you admit to not knowing anything about 2021 Christmas markets, than maybe don’t post disinformation here and the MB forum about it being closed for 2021.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Well, if you admit to not knowing anything about 2021 Christmas markets, than maybe don’t post disinformation here and the MB forum about it being closed for 2021.
It's snarky remarks like this from members who haven't participated much that sometimes makes FT unfriendly.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 1:52 pm

It's snarky remarks like this from members who haven't participated much that sometimes makes FT unfriendly.
Yah that’s fair, I’ll take it. The snark wasn’t needed and didn’t help.

It just doesn’t help anyone to say something is closed, when it isn’t closed and you don’t know anyway.

Enjoy the markets in 2022. PH Vienna is a gem as others have said. I’ve woken up to presents at my door on Christmas morning. Be sure to visit some of the smaller markets that have a truly special feel!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:08 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Park Hyatt Vienna = Stunning Ambassador Suite

PARK HYATT VIENNA

2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

PARK HYATT VIENNA

Am Hof 2 Vienna, AT 1010

Park Hyatt Vienna = Stunning Ambassador Suite (21 Photos)

PARK HYATT VIENNA

We had a stay in Vienna immediately after the full lockdown was lifted, but during the interim transition period when there were still some restrictions.  For that reason Park Hyatt Vienna was not operating normally and hotel occupancy was low.  Despite the unusual circumstances, we had a great stay – this Park Hyatt is one of the better ones where we have stayed.

Room

I booked the standard room with points and used a Globalist Suite upgrade to get a standard suite.  I asked my Hyatt Concierge if it was possible to use points on top to further upgrade from the standard suite to the Diplomat Suite because I noticed online that the diplomat suite was 50k pts per night versus the standard suite 40k pts per night so I was willing to pay 10k pts extra for Diplomat.  Unsurprisingly, I was advised that it was not possible to do so, but that she would mark our reservation for consideration of a further upgrade.

Upon arrival we were delighted to find out that we were upgraded to the Ambassador Suite (one category above Diplomat) and did not even have to pay extra points.  What a great gesture – I guess due to very low occupancy they simply used their judgment that it would not hurt to do a little extra for loyal guests.

In terms of hardware quality, this Park Hyatt is hard to beat.  Some hotels have a number of luxury features but leave other parts being much cheaper, but this suite was uniformly high quality.  The bathroom was very spacious including the shower area which was oversized, there was marble throughout including the wall next to the bathtub, chandeliers in several rooms, nice hardwood floors in the bedroom and living room, upscale furniture including a leather-covered working desk and decent chair.  As in most premium suites there was also a half bathroom near the entrance of the room which was convenient.  The entrance lobby was quite impressive as well with the glass design on the floor which fit with the marble-top small table in front, not to mention that the floor was heated in that entrance lobby.

All in all it is hard to find faults to this room, if there would be one it would be general darkness.  First off in December it’s not very sunny in Vienna but the problem was made worse by the fact that windows were all part of a bay, away from the inner wall of the room so it blocked the limited sunlight coming in and made it necessary to keep the lights turned on during the day.  The upside was that because of the design of the windows, people outdoors could not see us in our room.  As the hotel was directly in front of one of the numerous Christmas markets in the city, we had a view of the festivities if we moved into the bays to take a look.  

IMG_4214.jpegIMG_4215.jpegIMG_4216.jpegIMG_4217.jpeg1_IMG_4218.jpeg

1_IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_4219.jpeg1_IMG_4221.jpegIMG_4222.jpeg1_IMG_4223.jpegIMG_4224.jpegIMG_4225.jpegIMG_4227.jpegIMG_4228.jpegIMG_4229.jpegIMG_4230.jpeg1_IMG_4231.jpegIMG_4234.jpegIMG_4235.jpegIMG_4246.jpeg

Dining

The regular restaurant was closed and we were informed that we could have breakfast in an alternative venue instead, or simply room service.  Because room service was so convenient, we did not even bother checking out their temporary location for breakfast – we ordered room service every day.  We were able to order whatever we liked from the menu and all charges were waived as the Globalist breakfast benefit.  On the day before departure I ordered in advance and I requested delivery at exactly 7am which they did on the dot.  The quality of the food was excellent, particularly the truffle eggs which were delicious.  One area of improvement would be for a longish stay I thought perhaps a bit more variety would have helped because many warm dishes were egg-related.  

IMG_8922.jpeg

Wifi

Wifi worked well with speed of 15 Mbps.

Overall

Overall we had a comfortable stay and while we could not use the full set of facilities of the hotel due to covid, in the limited interactions we had with staff the service was excellent including help scheduling covid tests.  I can highly recommend this hotel especially for Hyatt Globalists.

Park Hyatt Vienna = Stunning Ambassador Suite

Would you like to write a review on the PARK HYATT VIENNA?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Dec 21, 2021, 5:36 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Fantastic review.

Booked the Diplomatic in 2022 (Inshallah)!
escape4 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Fantastic review.

Booked the Diplomatic in 2022 (Inshallah)!
Is the Diplomat Suite still showing up as available on Hyatt.com over your dates? I booked next year as well and used 9k points a night to upgrade to the Diplomat Suite. Upgrade was confirmed but the room is still showing as bookable and I'm questioning whether I need to reconfirm.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 3:09 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rm76
Is the Diplomat Suite still showing up as available on Hyatt.com over your dates? I booked next year as well and used 9k points a night to upgrade to the Diplomat Suite. Upgrade was confirmed but the room is still showing as bookable and I'm questioning whether I need to reconfirm.
I believe there are multiple.
rm76, Kacee and escape4 like this.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 4:11 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Appreciate the review Escape4
I've stayed in the suite shortly after the hotel opened and loved it as well as one level above it.
One of the best Park Hyatt's in the world because it has always had a great GM since opening and the desire to genuinely succeed guest expectations
It is Hyatt's like this and their business culture that created my decades of loyalty to Hyatt
Happy Holidays all

https://www.forbes.at/womenssummit/s...ue-dekker.html
MSPeconomist and escape4 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
King Vs. Diplomat Suite

While I know this is subjective, any thoughts on whether the diplomat suite is worth double the points over a king room (25k vs. 50k)? Are the views in the Diplomat Suite much better than traditional King rooms? Size of the room isn't as important to me as we'll be touring for much of the day.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MarkP24
While I know this is subjective, any thoughts on whether the diplomat suite is worth double the points over a king room (25k vs. 50k)? Are the views in the Diplomat Suite much better than traditional King rooms? Size of the room isn't as important to me as we'll be touring for much of the day.
I had a view to the Sq in front of the Hotel the times Ive stayed there. I dont recall the building be rally high = no real terrific views of the city from any room

It reminded me of my views from my rooms in PRG at The Marriott, Renaissance /Old Town Hilton both hotels arent high and thusly views of the buildings next to it and none of the City

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.