Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vienna - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2022, 2:32 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
For clarification. Although Front Desk clerk told that on weekends the breakfast is until 12:00, at the breakfast I was told that until 11:00 on Saturdays and until 12:00 on Sundays.
One note: My suite was on the 5th floor, so need to press nr.5 not arrow up when calling an elevator. The elevator on the left side does not go to the 5th floor.

Last edited by Jaenks; Aug 27, 2022 at 3:25 am
Old Aug 27, 2022, 5:10 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by m0hamed
TBH, I think it’s a supply issue. I noticed the different shower gel.
Fortunately not. I asked about it from room maid and she brought me Le Labo shower gel bottle and Blaise Mautin tube.
Sauna bath has Valentina und Philippa branded organic line 500ml bottles.

Last edited by Jaenks; Aug 27, 2022 at 6:13 am
Old Aug 29, 2022, 8:49 pm

The Blaise Mautin products are my favorite. I'll have to ask to see if I can get that when I am there later this week!
Old Oct 6, 2022, 11:00 am

Had a short 2 night stay at the PH as a globalist on points. We were delighted to see that our room type changed into a Park Hyatt Suite (no view) the day before (we did not use an upgrade). We had been at the Imperial for a few nights before, so we brought our luggage over and checked in midmorning. As expected, the room wasn't ready, so we went out for a day of sightseeing. Unfortunately, our room wasn't ready by the 3P check-in as promised -- we didn't make it into the room until 4:45P. We did enjoy a free drink at the bar while waiting, but we would have preferred the quiet room to get some work done and shower before dinner. Oh well.

The suite is very nice. Having the separate living room is very helpful for us when we travel, as one of us always finds stuck on a at least a few meetings during the trip. The PH feels very modern but a little less grand than the Imperial. I feel like this hotel could be plopped down anywhere in the world compared to the very European feeling Imperial. The pool is pretty incredible though -- definitely a must-see if you stay here. The location is very much right in the middle of all the typical sights. Getting a more reasonably priced meal takes a couple of blocks of walking, which is easy to do.

Breakfast is good. The restaurant is gorgeous. You can order eggs off the menu as well and they were quite good. The buffet was full of pastries and delicious breads. Our lattes were included in the complementary breakfast.

I think if we come back to Vienna we will probably pick the Imperial over the PH. For price (points or cash), the Imperial feels a little more intimate, a little more grand, and has a lot more personality.
Travel4Love likes this.

Last edited by DrRobot; Oct 10, 2022 at 9:19 am Reason: typos
Old Oct 9, 2022, 5:20 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DrRobot
Had a short 2 night stay at the PH as a globalist on points. We were delighted to see that our room type changed into a Park Hyatt Suite (no view) the day before (we did not use an upgrade). We had been at the Imperial for a few nights before, so we brought our luggage over and checked in midmorning. As expected, the room wasn't ready, so we went out for a day of sightseeing. Unfortunately, our room wasn't ready by the 3P check-in as promised -- we didn't make it into the room until 4:45P. We did enjoy a free drink at the bar while waiting, but we would have preferred the quiet room to get some work down and shower before dinner. Oh well.

The suite is very nice. Having the separate living room is very helpful for us when we travel, as one of us always finds stuck on a at least a few meetings during the trip. The PH feels very modern but a little less grand than the Imperial. I feel like this hotel could be plopped down anywhere in the world compared to the very European feeling Imperial. The pool is pretty incredible though -- definitely a must-see if you stay here. The location is very much right in the middle of all the typically sights. Getting a more reasonably priced meal takes a couple of blocks of walking, which is easy to do.

Breakfast is good. The restaurant is gorgeous. You can order eggs off the menu as well and they were quite good. The buffet was full of pastries and delicious breads. Our lattes were included in the complementary breakfast.

I think if we come back to Vienna we will probably pick the Imperial over the PH. For price (points or cash), the Imperial feels a little more intimate, a little more grand, and has a lot more personality.
Nice TR.

Welcome to FT
DrRobot likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
Same here. It appears that they have just blocked out standard rooms for the entire month of December. Possibly in recognition of the busy/popular Christmas season?
Frustratingly this is still the case. For November (when the block on standard rooms seems to already be in place), they seem to release standard rooms 0-2 days out, which 1) isn’t very helpful for those with trips already booked, and 2) indicates that the rooms are available and they are playing games with us.

Surprised this hasn’t gained wider attention among those of us who care about properties playing award availability games.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:29 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Are you sure it’s not reflecting the current massive influx of American tourists, the popularity of the Vienna Christmas markets and the hotel not having very many standard rooms?

I’m just about to check in on an award stay I booked a couple of weeks ago.

I notice December weekends in Vienna you don’t appear to book any room in any Hyatt hotel for cash or points.

Last edited by EuropeanPete; Nov 24, 2022 at 1:40 am
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:38 am

I’ve noticed that a lot of full-service “popular” Hyatt hotels (not HP or HH) are blocking whole weeks from award redemptions, depending on the dates. Effectively instituting blackout periods.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JetAway
I’ve noticed that a lot of full-service “popular” Hyatt hotels (not HP or HH) are blocking whole weeks from award redemptions, depending on the dates.
And then there's HR San Francisco, which has blocked all of 2023.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
And then there's HR San Francisco, which has blocked all of 2023.
Beginning to sound like property owners/managers don’t value the loyalty program as much as they used to.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 1:57 pm

Looking a year ahead there isn’t a single basic room available in December. It’s clear they’re holding back those rooms from inventory on purpose.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Are you sure it’s not reflecting the current massive influx of American tourists, the popularity of the Vienna Christmas markets and the hotel not having very many standard rooms?

I’m just about to check in on an award stay I booked a couple of weeks ago.

I notice December weekends in Vienna you don’t appear to book any room in any Hyatt hotel for cash or points.
Yeah, I started looking in April and there hasn’t been any standard room for the past seven months for all of December for anywhere between 1 and 5 nights (I use a reliable alert service in addition to my manual searches).

Did you book a standard room or suite, and how long is your stay? Perhaps they were more generous for November, and/or they have odd length of stay requirements around this time.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I booked an award in October for November. They had standard rooms but I opted to book a suite as I’d used up my suite awards.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:34 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yeah, I started looking in April and there hasn’t been any standard room for the past seven months for all of December for anywhere between 1 and 5 nights (I use a reliable alert service in addition to my manual searches).

Did you book a standard room or suite, and how long is your stay? Perhaps they were more generous for November, and/or they have odd length of stay requirements around this time.
Just a standard room for two nights which i afterwards used a TSU on to give me a lovely suite.

This has rocketed near the top of my favourite European hotels, and I’ve stayed at more than my fair share by now.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I'm a bit confused on the wording, but yeah, it's not surprising all of December 2022 is booked up for standard room award stays. December 2023 is too far out to check -- I don't see suite availability either, it looks like they open days about 1 year in advance. In any case, this is the site I use which seems accurate: https://maxmypoint.com/hotel/8584.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.