Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:38 pm

Share the $299 / 5 nights code

If anyone is planning to not use their $299 / 5 nights code, would you mind sharing it? I'd love to take advantage of the offer! You can private message me!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:43 am

Got the same offer...does anyone know if they recognize diamond status at all in terms of upgrades/breakfast, etc.?

~$60/night even if in a construction zone sounds pretty great to me.. especially when you're in Maui and there's plenty to see/do out of the hotel!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by jyeunggg
Got the same offer...does anyone know if they recognize diamond status at all in terms of upgrades/breakfast, etc.?

~$60/night even if in a construction zone sounds pretty great to me.. especially when you're in Maui and there's plenty to see/do out of the hotel!
Agreed! Anyone know the answer to this?

-AD
Old Jun 18, 2014, 6:44 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jyeunggg

I would assume yes you do get status perks since T&Cs call for status perks on all stays no matter how booked.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: All
Upgrades not possible ?

I was told by the Hyatt Residence Club that they have specifically contracted out certain rooms at the Napoli Tower and that the terms and conditions of their agreement forbid the Hyatt Regency Hotel from upgrading the guests to another room category or tower. You do maintain your Diamond benefits of Regency Club access however. FWIW.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by ma_zeoli
I was told by the Hyatt Residence Club that they have specifically contracted out certain rooms at the Napoli Tower and that the terms and conditions of their agreement forbid the Hyatt Regency Hotel from upgrading the guests to another room category or tower. You do maintain your Diamond benefits of Regency Club access however. FWIW.
Contracted out with whom? Themselves? Does this mean that the Residence Club has a different owner than that of the hotel itself?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: All
HR Maui Residence

Yes, the HR Residence Club told me they are a completely separate entity from the Hotel (not sure if that is true or not but the Rep explicitly made the point).

The rep I spoke to made a point that as a Diamond, do not expect a room upgrade (again, my impression was that this was not just posturing on their part).

Worth a call to the HR Residence Club Call Center.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:25 pm

5 nights for $299 offer Maui

Just got the 5 nights for $299 Maui offer that others are referrring to. Called up and they sounded very pleasent and up front on the phone. Told me the same things as the others in this thread....will be in a room overlooking the new construction and will hear construction noise from 7:30-5 (both are fine with me because I don't plan on being in the room except to sleep and getting up early is fine). They also told me parking (like for a rental car) is $16 a day. They also told me they don't verify your income to meet their $125k requirement, its just verbal, and it is combined income not per person. It all sounds good to me I'm just wondering what the 90 minute presentation is like and if they have any other sales tactics. If someone has gone....is the 90 minutes just sitting there with a bunch of people and watching a slideshow kind of thing or is it one on one? And after the 90 minute presentation is it hard to leave? Is that when they try to pressure the sale one on one? Are there other things like calls to the room or people approaching you on the property?
Also, I'm not sure how they got my name to send me the offer so I asked and they said usually you are either a gold Hyatt member or stayed there before. I am neither but did stay at the Maui Marriott Club just a few buildings down the beach so I'm wondering if they got my name from them.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 6:50 pm

how are in advance are they booking? any problem getting the dates you want? I want to combine it with miles.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyertalk777
Just got the 5 nights for $299 Maui offer that others are referrring to. Called up and they sounded very pleasent and up front on the phone. Told me the same things as the others in this thread....will be in a room overlooking the new construction and will hear construction noise from 7:30-5 (both are fine with me because I don't plan on being in the room except to sleep and getting up early is fine). They also told me parking (like for a rental car) is $16 a day. They also told me they don't verify your income to meet their $125k requirement, its just verbal, and it is combined income not per person. It all sounds good to me I'm just wondering what the 90 minute presentation is like and if they have any other sales tactics. If someone has gone....is the 90 minutes just sitting there with a bunch of people and watching a slideshow kind of thing or is it one on one? And after the 90 minute presentation is it hard to leave? Is that when they try to pressure the sale one on one? Are there other things like calls to the room or people approaching you on the property?
Also, I'm not sure how they got my name to send me the offer so I asked and they said usually you are either a gold Hyatt member or stayed there before. I am neither but did stay at the Maui Marriott Club just a few buildings down the beach so I'm wondering if they got my name from them.
I did the presentation last month. It's one on one in a very open and laid back environment. It starts with basic get
-to-know-you type questions and then transitions to details on the new property. Then you talk about pricing and financing. We were honestly not in the market to buy real estate and we were up front about it. Once the salesperson realized that she let us be. We picked up our luau vouchers on the way out (we signed up for the presentation on site during our stay). No one ever bothered us after the presentation and we were there for a week. My overall impression is that it pretty much sells itself. Either you want it or you don't. Very low pressure.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 10:05 am

5 nights-299.---keep up the posts please!

We have booked this for late Sept / early Oct. A little spoiled with prior stays at the Hyatt Regency (always had a beautiful view)...so this should be interesting and I am a little nervous...... But for the price, you are on Maui
I am hoping most of the outside construction will be compete by then.... we were there last year with major crane work going on and if you overlooked this site, it was VERY active. Nice to hear the presentation is not high pressure----been through that before....
so I am hoping to hear from more about their experience with the hotel room and the presentation.........just to know what to expect.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: 2.4mm++ AA Plat, Hlt Diam, Hyt Globaist, Mrrt Gold, Gold Pts, MilesForDreams.com, etc.. etal..
We are going soon under normal elite rates. However I was concerned about our room location and the front desk told me that they were doing landscaping and inside items mostly as of now. If that is the case then I would expect noise to me modest. Not sure abut the view.
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:37 pm
Suspended

5 nights in Maui for only $299??

Hi all,

Just got this in the mail: spend 5 nights in Maui for at the Regency Maui resort for only $299. All they ask is that you go and view the Hyatt residence club resort that they are building next door.

My wife does not want to do it as she thinks it will be a hard sale and she will feel uncomfortable being put in that position. Has anyone else had experience of this sort of thing and is it worth considering?

Cheers

^
Old Jul 1, 2014, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Phylogenists are at odds about whether to classify time share salesmen with the Protozoa or the slime molds. Most favor slime molds as the time share salesmen also possess the capability to aggregate to create a fruiting body.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold
I'm interested in this offer if anyone has details they can DM, please do so and thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.