Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by sfoactuary
Thanks for the information - I was fooled too until reading that post. Mine says "$99 per night, double occupancy" which to me feels deceiving that the rate is then doubled.

To confirm, is everyone's offer of the 2BR/2BA?

Also, any confirmation on transferability of the offer? Not entirely sure I'll be able to use it.
2 BR/2 BA ???? Where did that come from? This isn't for a stay at the Hyatt timeshare as construction is still going on. It's for a single room in the Hyatt Maui resort, with most of the rooms for this promotion facing the construction project.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I got the 2 bedroom/2 bath offer for $198/night after the double occupancy verbiage (deceptive advertising, but still a great deal). The 2015 offers are for stays in the actual residence club instead of the Hyatt Regency.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:26 pm

Anymore reviews or experiences specifically on the sales/timeshare presentations? Overall they sound relatively low-pressure. Is this the case for everyone who has gone so far?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by jplee3
Anymore reviews or experiences specifically on the sales/timeshare presentations? Overall they sound relatively low-pressure. Is this the case for everyone who has gone so far?
I did mine last Monday... it was fairly low key for the most part. I never actually paid attention to the one I went to 10+ years ago, so I asked several questions mostly just to see what all the 'fascination' is in buying a timeshare. This probably made me sound genuinely interested to the rep, so at the end of the 90 mins he brought in his manager to close the deal. She was kind of pushy even though I told her a few times that I don't make snap decisions when it comes to finances.

My rep had a hard time believing that I spend less than $200/nt on average for out of pocket hotel costs. He doubted me so much that he actually rounded up to $250/nt for his calculations to make his $35k unit look like an even better 'deal'.... I didn't have the heart to tell him it was more like $50/nt since I use points every chance I get. And his jaw nearly hit the table when I told him I paid $224/nt for my two extra nights with the MER.

He also tried hard to sell us on the kitchen in the unit by telling us that couples spend $250 a day on food while on vacation.... I'm petite and split meals or order off the kids menu when I can so $125 a day on food just for me is beyond excessive. There were actually three of us on this trip and I doubt we spent $500 total over 8 days since we took full advantage of the Regency Club food. We prefer to spend money on experiences or tangible items instead of fancy food and only enjoy frosty beverages on special occasions (or at happy hour). Plus there is always much better (and cheaper) food to be eaten away from the hotel!

As for the hotel itself, it was ok. I'm a diamond so we were upgraded to an ocean front room which was nice, and the grounds were pretty. Not much of a beach tho and the parking was a total cluster. The staff was awesome and super friendly... including the guy polishing the floors at midnight! Be diligent in reviewing your bill at checkout tho as they tried to charge us for several things that were suppose to be comped. If you like birds, be sure to check out the wildlife tour or at least watch them feed the penguins. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I got another smoking deal offer as we much prefer the Sheraton up the road.
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:59 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
Does anyone know yet if the 5 night $299 offer is showing up in your account as valid nights after your stay? We are going in Dec and curious if they will count toward status or not.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
Does anyone know yet if the 5 night $299 offer is showing up in your account as valid nights after your stay? We are going in Dec and curious if they will count toward status or not.
Did not count towards status for me. I used this deal in Sept. as I was already scheduled to be there for a wedding. I was on a diamond trial and hoping the nights would count towards status but they didn't. Was able to complete my trial, nonetheless. You do get Diamond benefits and lounge access, however. We got upgraded to an Ocean Front room, and for $299 for 5 nights with no resort fee and plus the GP points, it was a steal. Also, told them that most of our vacations involve camping and hiking and we were planning on buying a RV. We were done with the presentation in a little over 60 minutes!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:15 am

My husband and I took advantage of the deal last October and the sales pitch was very low key, no pressure. Once it was apparent we were not interested in purchasing the timeshare (55k for one week every other year) the meeting got wrapped up pretty quickly - we were in and out within an hour. I'm wondering if anyone has received an offer to stay in the actual residences, now that they have partially completed construction. I've heard there is an offer for 6 days/5 nights at the residence club in a 2 bedroom for $199 per night, taxes and resort fees included. I wish we would have waited for that offer ):
Old Jan 8, 2015, 10:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by louczaj
I'm wondering if anyone has received an offer to stay in the actual residences, now that they have partially completed construction. I've heard there is an offer for 6 days/5 nights at the residence club in a 2 bedroom for $199 per night, taxes and resort fees included. I wish we would have waited for that offer ):
I just got this offer a few days ago. Unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of it
Old Jan 8, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
anyone know the cancellation policy for these offers? Tempted to bite on the $199 per night for 2bdr x 5 nights. $100 per couple seems like a steal.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by steve65341
I just got this offer a few days ago. Unfortunately I won't be able to take advantage of it
How did your offer come?

Are these offers usually through snail mail or email? Thanks! ^
Old Jan 9, 2015, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by ang2383
How did your offer come?

Are these offers usually through snail mail or email? Thanks! ^
snail
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by exmike
anyone know the cancellation policy for these offers? Tempted to bite on the $199 per night for 2bdr x 5 nights. $100 per couple seems like a steal.
To accommodate travel planning for reservations made more than 45 days in advance of check-in day, we offer one complimentary reschedule for up to 3 days after original reservation is made. Reschedules made more than 90 days prior to check-in day are eligible for unlimited reschedules. One reschedule is permitted between 45 - 90 days prior to check-in with reservation change fee of $100 which will be charged at time of reschedule. Any reschedules made less than 45 days prior to check-in will result in 100% forfeiture of deposit. Cancel Policy below no longer applies to reservation after any reschedule.

Cancellation Policy: Cancellations made more than 90 days prior to check-in day are eligible for a full refund. Cancellations between 45 - 90 days prior to check-in will result in 30% forfeiture of deposit and those less than 45 days prior to check-in will result in 100% forfeiture of deposit.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
For anyone that has done the 2BDR/2BA offer did you get access to the Regency Club at the Hyatt if you are a diamond?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
For anyone that has done the 2BDR/2BA offer did you get access to the Regency Club at the Hyatt if you are a diamond?
Absolutely NOT
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Absolutely NOT
that was my next question. oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.