Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I could swear that someone posted what these timeshares were selling for- which I seem to recall a 2 bedroom for a week during summer was $80,000 plus $2400 a year in fees. Can anyone confirm this?
Nice deal on the promotion... but why would anyone actually purchase one of these?

Anybody who's trying can find a nice 2bdr rental on Maui for a week for $2,400. So why fork out $80k to the HRC in addition?

What am I missing?
Old Aug 11, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by 318i
Nice deal on the promotion... but why would anyone actually purchase one of these?

Anybody who's trying can find a nice 2bdr rental on Maui for a week for $2,400. So why fork out $80k to the HRC in addition?

What am I missing?
My thoughts exactly. I don't get it
Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:30 pm

Got this offer in the mail a few weeks back and decided to take the $299 offer. Most of the rooms seem to be booked up (i.e. no more King beds) and the latest date I could reserve was the middle of October.

I meet the income qualifications but there's no way I can afford a $80K timeshare with $2k in annual fees. If I tell them its not financially possible for me, will they let me leave without staying the full 90 minutes?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by soopra
Got this offer in the mail a few weeks back and decided to take the $299 offer. Most of the rooms seem to be booked up (i.e. no more King beds) and the latest date I could reserve was the middle of October.

I meet the income qualifications but there's no way I can afford a $80K timeshare with $2k in annual fees. If I tell them its not financially possible for me, will they let me leave without staying the full 90 minutes?
I'll bet they won't discuss prices until after the presentation. They'll tell you there is a range of prices depending upon season and location.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by soopra
If you called a few days ago, that was likely the case (I was super bummed because I thought that I missed out on the fun). They have since released more blocks of rooms with dates thru mid December. Not sure if its too late for you to change your reservation but it may be worth looking into if you aren't too happy about what you've got booked.

Use the code on your mailer to log in and see whats available.
http://www.hyattresidenceclub.com/hvc/en/offers.html
Old Aug 17, 2014, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
Hi I am non US based and never get sent these offers. is there a link or a code..?

seems too good to be true. My question is do you BOTH have to go to the presentation- we have a little boy and my husband refuses to go to these things but im more than happy to sit through a presentation! i just dont think he would go and my little boy certainly cant sit still for 90 minutes!
For most timeshare ventures I've been on non US citizens are not allowed to partake. Not sure why. YMMV.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Anyone who has called, does your reservation number pull up your information. I received the 299 offer but wish to give it to my sister. Can someone who has taken advantage of this let me know if she is able to use it. Tomorrow is the deadline.

TIA
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:16 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I just got an offer for $99/night for 5 nights (so $500) in a 2 bedroom/2 bath villa in the actual residence club resort + 10000 bonus GP points if I book by September 8th for stays between January 1 and June 1 in 2015. All villas have an ocean view. Sounds much more tempting for a family outing than the Hyatt Regency room offer. Has anybody else gotten this? I'm thinking I'll give them a few months to work out the opening kinks in early 2015 before taking advantage of this.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rookie10
Anyone who has called, does your reservation number pull up your information. I received the 299 offer but wish to give it to my sister. Can someone who has taken advantage of this let me know if she is able to use it. Tomorrow is the deadline.

TIA
It does bring up your info but you can transfer it to someone else. The offer came to me but I'm only 26, my fiance is 28 though so I was going to transfer it to him. In the end though she let me book it & just said that he must be at the timeshare presentation. If you want to transfer it you just have to call & say who you're transferring it to, & then that person can call & book it. GL!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:02 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
American citizens only?

Originally Posted by jkjetsetters
It does bring up your info but you can transfer it to someone else. The offer came to me but I'm only 26, my fiance is 28 though so I was going to transfer it to him. In the end though she let me book it & just said that he must be at the timeshare presentation. If you want to transfer it you just have to call & say who you're transferring it to, & then that person can call & book it. GL!
Oh thats interesting as this is SUCH a good deal- i wander whether it could be transferred to one of us in the UK or is it only open to American Citizens- could someone take a peak at the ts and cs and see what they say? thanks!
Old Aug 23, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by pickles1107
Are these eligible rates? Can you use DSU on this rate?
Originally Posted by jyeunggg
Got the same offer...does anyone know if they recognize diamond status at all in terms of upgrades/breakfast, etc.?…
I’ve read the entire thread but didn’t see these questions answered. There is one comment that rooms cannot be changed but diamond RC benefits are extended. Curious if anyone has tried to use a DSU on these rates and if so what the results were.

And (presuming it’s okay for me to write something like this) I just reserved a 5 night stay for a conference in November, first time to Hawaii. After 30 years in the Navy (8 active and 22 reserve) I’m really looking forward to getting to Pearl Harbor on the open day of the conference. I’d be happy to attend a sales presentation and I’d love to be able to use one of these promo rates. If someone has one that they don’t need I’d be very appreciative.

Thank you.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 2:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
ICurious if anyone has tried to use a DSU on these rates and if so what the results were.
I tried calling today and was unsuccessful.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: United, Hyatt
I did the $300 deal this month and was offered $90/night to upgrade from construction side to mountain view or $150/night for a deluxe oceanview. There are probably other upgrade levels in between when available. The presentation was professional but relaxed. The timeshares are very nice so it was tempting; financing one of these was not.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:21 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by mastermc54
I just got an offer for $99/night for 5 nights (so $500) in a 2 bedroom/2 bath villa in the actual residence club resort + 10000 bonus GP points if I book by September 8th for stays between January 1 and June 1 in 2015. All villas have an ocean view. Sounds much more tempting for a family outing than the Hyatt Regency room offer. Has anybody else gotten this? I'm thinking I'll give them a few months to work out the opening kinks in early 2015 before taking advantage of this.
That's interesting. I called for 2015 dates and was told to call back in October but was told it would be the 2 bedroom but wasn't given a price. Hoping to take advantage of this for next July.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:54 pm

Here's the details!

Ok, I just got back. I was there on the $299 for 5 nights if you listen to a 90 minute timeshare presentation deal. I’ll say right now that the deal was totally worth it! I’ll go listen to a timeshare presentation every time to be able to stay at a resort as nice as this Hyatt for $60 A NIGHT! And that includes the $30 daily resort fee on Maui! So it’s actually comparable to someone advertising a $30 a night room! My vacation was great. We hiked, scuba’d, went up to Haleakala and drove to landmarks and lay on the beach and by the pool. We hit happy hours all over and ate great food. It was great.

So, a couple things...I'm not a Hyatt member so I don't know anything about points and how the deal applies to points, changing rooms for points, etc. I also don’t know about giving your offer to someone else. I definitely wanted to use mine. One interesting thing was no one could tell me where they got my name from to send the offer. I’ve wondered since I’ve never stayed at a Hyatt before but did stay at the Maui Marriott next door.

Also, I went purely because of the great deal on staying there. I actually was and still am interested in hearing what the deal on the timeshares were but was not planning on buying. I just wanted a week in Maui for a great price.

So the room we stayed in:

Yes, it overlooks and is directly adjacent to the new construction. It was on the North side of the Napili tower. We got the 7th floor. I believe there are eight in that tower. So the construction noise was probably less for us than for the lower floors. But it was still loud. We got up to do things before the construction started on 3 of the mornings but were woken up around 7am the other days. It’s kind of hit or miss though. One morning it sounded like a jackhammer from 7-9am so there was no way you are sleeping in but the other days maybe there was loud enough noise to keep you awake for 10 minutes then 45 minutes of relative quiet then loud again. I slept until 9:30 one of the mornings so I was able to sleep through the noise that morning.

We weren’t able to get a king bed so we had a queen and a double in the room. There is no kitchen just a cabinet in the bathroom area with two small fridges. There is a small walk in closet. There is also a small balcony with a small table and chairs. While the balcony is overlooking the construction during the day it is nice at night and offers a great sunset view.

We were charged the $16 per day for parking. The self-parking is a small walk away. Valet is just $4 more per day (plus tips of course). There is a small self-parking lot at the very end of the resort by the luau and a much larger one across a small street from the front of the hotel, so it’s kind of by the golf course. The spots are tiny though and it can be hard to park there sometimes.

The timeshare presentation:

I knew very little about timeshares going in other than you buy a period of time in a unit. I was actually interested in the information (some people sound like they are going completely for the deal and want to get out of the presentation completely or out of it as soon as possible….it’s just 90 minutes, it’s not a big commitment, if you don’t want to do it then I say don’t accept their cheap hotel deal). Anyway, I think because of all the questions I asked my meeting went longer…almost 2 hours. Again, I’m ok with that. It did seem like some people were getting done with theirs in 10 minutes though. Maybe they just told the salesman up front they weren’t going to buy and only came for the deal, or maybe they were ruder, or maybe they were actually leaving that area to be given a tour of the new property. I can’t be sure which. I do think my salesman was more pushy than normal from what I saw going on around us with the other salesmen and their meetings. Again, that didn’t bother me. It’s not like I was going to say yes and buy a unit because a pushy sales man makes me. And no matter what happened in the presentation it wouldn’t make an ounce of difference in me having a great vacation on Maui or not. I think someone has to be pretty sensitive or led a pretty sheltered life to decide not to take the offer just because of the perceived pressure and awkwardness they may feel during a sales pitch.

I’ve seen some people put some numbers on this forum about the Hyatt Kaanapali timeshare costs and they definitely aren’t the full picture. When my guy finally got to the numbers they were more general in nature since I told him then I wasn’t going to buy so we didn’t narrow down to a specific unit and specific dates. So he said the range was $35,000-$80,000 for the purchase price plus $1,200-$3,500 annual hoa dues depending on the unit (the hoa dues could actually go up if you wanted more luxury…like valet, personal shopping, etc.). These were for buying 2 weeks. So for example, the lowest ($35k and $1,200) are for 2 weeks in a studio unit (the Maui property being built started at 1 bedrooms so this would be for a different Hyatt property) and I’m guessing for the cheapest two weeks of the year so probably out of peak time. Then the prices would go up if you want a 1 bedroom, even more for a two bedroom, etc. Also, the prices would go up if you wanted your two weeks in a higher demand time like summer. So the max, $80,000 and $3,500 are for the largest unit, 3 bedrooms, and I’m assuming at the most desired 2 weeks of the year. I’m not going to argue whether timeshares are a good investment or not (partly because right now I don’t know but also because I just want to provide this information without bias or opinion) but the gist of his presentation is if you compare apples to apples (as much as possible) you’d say a comparable hotel room may cost $300 a night, so for the 2 weeks (14 days) that’s roughly 14x$300=$4,200 a year times that by say 20 years and you are at $84,000. Of course all of these numbers can go up or down depending on a number of factors. But that’s the comparison. Also, again I’m not going to argue about timeshares but you own the time you buy so you can sell it. So there is the “possibility” of making some or possibly all of your money back. Or even profit if someone in the future is willing to pay more for your two weeks than you did. He also said things related to this idea like soon there may be direct flights to Maui from Beijing so prices will go up when the money from the huge and growing Chinese middle class starts flowing in. I’m not even going to get into whether that is going to happen or not. And he also said there is only a certain amount of beachfront space on Maui and specifically Kaanapali beach so the supply of units will not be able to increase. Again, just passing on his info. He did say they offer financing or you can have your own. Again, I was not going to buy so we didn’t get into that.

Miscellaneous:

I think they purposely book your presentation later in your stay so you are being pitched after you’ve had a great vacation and are more likely to want to buy in.

I think we threw the salesman off because I went with my girlfriend so he didn’t know how or who to pitch. I’m sure married couples are easier.

The salesman didn’t ask how much money we make or what expenses we have. Seems odd to me. So he has no idea whether someone he’s talking to can afford the timeshare or not. Kind of shows you what his angle is. He’s trying to sell to anyone and everyone. I would think he would want to know so he can spend more time with those that can afford it.

All the new timeshare units have a huge lanai (balcony) that will have a 4 seat dinner table, two lounge chairs and an end table and one of those bed/chaise things. The balconies look very cool. Adds a lot of usable space to the unit.

We received a $100 voucher after the timeshare presentation. That can be credited against your room for anything at the end of the stay (they require you to give a credit card and they put $500 on it at check-in and will not charge what you don’t use of the $500). So for us it was credited back against the parking charges they put on the room and the two restaurant meals we charged on the room. You can pay for things at the time and not put them on your room if you want to also.

Not once were we bugged or asked about buying a timeshare anywhere by anyone on the property other than at our preset timeshare presentation.

The resort has a pretty good list of activities, both free and charged. The gym was nice for a resort gym.

Doing the rough math with the rates the salesman gave me plus he said they are building 131 units in the new timeshare building and he told me how many are 1 bedroom, how many are 2 and how many are 3 (I can’t recall right now but a huge portion, like 80% were the 2 bedroom) I calculated they are going to make something like $150,000,000-$180,000,000 when they sell out every week of every unit. And get annual HOA dues of $5,000,000-$8,000,000.

Any questions about all this just ask and I hope I can help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.