Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by louczaj
My husband and I took advantage of the deal last October and the sales pitch was very low key, no pressure. Once it was apparent we were not interested in purchasing the timeshare (55k for one week every other year) the meeting got wrapped up pretty quickly - we were in and out within an hour. I'm wondering if anyone has received an offer to stay in the actual residences, now that they have partially completed construction. I've heard there is an offer for 6 days/5 nights at the residence club in a 2 bedroom for $199 per night, taxes and resort fees included. I wish we would have waited for that offer ):
Yes, we are booked for the last week in February. It was very easy to book and they want you to do the sales pitch on your last full day at the property. If anyone has stayed there it would be great to hear a review. I will definitely update this thread with our impressions. Can't beat a 6 day/5 night stay for $100 per couple.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
I got the Hyatt Kaanapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club Resort.
$199 for 2 bed/2 bath villa.
6 days/5 nights.

Question. I want to take my parents with me. How does this work out?
Total 4 adults and 1 toddler (2 years)
Old Jan 16, 2015, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
I got the Hyatt Kaanapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club Resort.
$199 for 2 bed/2 bath villa.
6 days/5 nights.

Question. I want to take my parents with me. How does this work out?
Total 4 adults and 1 toddler (2 years)
I believe the rate is for up to 6 people in the unit.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by ArmyFlyer05
Yes, we are booked for the last week in February. It was very easy to book and they want you to do the sales pitch on your last full day at the property. If anyone has stayed there it would be great to hear a review. I will definitely update this thread with our impressions. Can't beat a 6 day/5 night stay for $100 per couple.
We just got back from that same offer... had an amazing time... 4 adults, 1 toddler, 1 baby in the 2bdrm... baby slept in packNplay in entry space, toddler on inflatable bed near laundry area... it worked for us space-wise!

The sales presentation was good, low pressure... first part was with friendly, young rep... once we got to asking about rates, they brought in senior manager/experienced sales director... but once we said we really weren't interested they let us go and gave us a bonus $100 off the bill.

This was a FANTASTIC trip and couldn't beat the price. Love this resort!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:18 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by peteropny
I've deleted a few re ent posts asking for the offer. Please be aware that this type of post is generally not allowed on Flyertalk. Any future posts of this type will be deleted and sanctions may be imposed.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Again.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
HR Maui: Timeshare Presentation Offer

Received an offer in the mail for a $200/night rebate - up to five nights - for a stay at the HR Maui. They promise rates "as low as $279 a night" (minus the $200 then, to be paid with a gift card).

The requirement is to attend a 90 min timeshare presentation at the Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Club Resort.

Has anyone tried this offer? I have zero interest in a timeshare; how painful of an experience is the 90 min presentation? (I have never bothered with those discounted activity offers they push all over Hawaii, but this is up to $1000). Also, I wonder how much above the best AAA rate the room rate offered under this program would be.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Received an offer in the mail for a $200/night rebate - up to five nights - for a stay at the HR Maui. They promise rates "as low as $279 a night" (minus the $200 then, to be paid with a gift card).

The requirement is to attend a 90 min timeshare presentation at the Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Club Resort.

Has anyone tried this offer? I have zero interest in a timeshare; how painful of an experience is the 90 min presentation? (I have never bothered with those discounted activity offers they push all over Hawaii, but this is up to $1000). Also, I wonder how much above the best AAA rate the room rate offered under this program would be.

Thoughts?
I did the 5 nights for $299 offer in December. The salesperson was pretty laid back and realized I really wasn't interested in buying. We started with a quick chat about travel preferences and how much I spent on hotels and how long my vacations were. Then we toured a couple units. My 90 min presentation ended up only being 45 minutes.

Last edited by peteropny; Jan 23, 2015 at 9:52 am Reason: Link irrelevant after move
Old Jan 23, 2015, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by mastermc54
I believe the rate is for up to 6 people in the unit.
I confirmed this with rep as well, he said the verbiage in the T&C was standard, but the room would accommodate up to 6 people (regardless of age).
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by wackyducky
I did the 5 nights for $299 offer in December. The salesperson was pretty laid back and realized I really wasn't interested in buying. We started with a quick chat about travel preferences and how much I spent on hotels and how long my vacations were. Then we toured a couple units. My 90 min presentation ended up only being 45 minutes.
Thanks, that sounds encouraging.

Also thanks to peteropny for redirecting my question to this thread.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 10:50 pm

Any tips on how to get on their mailing list for these special offers? I have never received one.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist/ SPG Gold / American Platinum / Southwest A-List
My wife just received one in the mail, any ideas as to how my diamond status can be used during our stay? I'm assuming that we can make take advantage of the deal as husband and wife.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:59 am

If you request it in writing, they will specify that you can cancel for a full refund up to 72 hours prior to arrival.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 11:46 am

Get it in writing

Make sure that to review your reservation info. Ours had a 45 day cancellation policy when they committed to 3 days. They had a king and a queen (plus queen sleeper), when it should have been 2 kings and a sleeper. They also charged us $1128 for the week when it should have been $995.

I had them correct it all and to provide it in an official document.

For those getting the offer, the earliest check-in date for 2015 is now no earlier than 6/25.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by rck3087
My wife just received one in the mail, any ideas as to how my diamond status can be used during our stay? I'm assuming that we can make take advantage of the deal as husband and wife.
Diamond status does nothing for you.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by bellevuemike
Make sure that to review your reservation info. Ours had a 45 day cancellation policy when they committed to 3 days. They had a king and a queen (plus queen sleeper), when it should have been 2 kings and a sleeper. They also charged us $1128 for the week when it should have been $995.

I had them correct it all and to provide it in an official document.

For those getting the offer, the earliest check-in date for 2015 is now no earlier than 6/25.
Similar issue with both, although my card was only charged $995.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.