FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1525386-hyatt-residence-club-maui-hr-maui-offers-cheap-stay-sales-presentation.html)

Ramonmv Nov 26, 2013 4:16 pm

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Forgive me if this has been posted already I searched and didn't see it...

I received an offer in the mail, from Hyatt.
They are opening a new Hyatt Residence Club in Maui, next to the HR Maui.

The offer is: $849 for 5 nights, and 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points if you book by Dec 31, 2013.

I called about it, and your 5 nights will be at the HR Maui, and you must stay between Jan - Aug 2014.

You also get invited to a private wine tasting. Living in Sonoma County, this is not a huge plus for me.
There will be a model to tour, but the Hyatt Residence Club will not be completed yet.
You will be required to attend a 90-minute sales presentation, and I think this offer is by invitation only.

I asked if there was any possibility that they would make a similiar offer later, since I already have 2 weeks booked on Maui in early 2014.

They said possibly, but no guarantees. They are hoping they will have sold enough units by the time it opens, to avoid having to make another offer like this.

Just thought I would share this info.

IflyfromPHX Nov 26, 2013 6:07 pm

Other time-share type properties offer similar promotions...most are listed on the gold passport special offers page. the Maui location is news to me.

ronlee00 Dec 2, 2013 3:37 pm

I received the same offer. Much appreciated if someone can comment on the timeshare presentation (or a previous HRC timeshare presentation)?

I can't find much on the net. Is it worth the offer?

iceny Dec 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I also got the same offer. Wanted to take this opportunity but hubby has his doubt. Can anyone help share some information please?

msblueyz Dec 22, 2013 8:48 am

My husband and I are owners of two Hyatt timeshares, one in Sedona and one in Lake Tahoe. Hyatt is not a high pressure sales organization as their product pretty much sells itself. There are frequent guests of the HR Maui who have been waiting for years for this timeshare to be built, ourselves included. If you travel there once a year regularly, love the setting and the Ka'anapali area, then it might be the perfect fit. If you are a family of four or more, financially it may be well worth it and may start to pay for itself. The prices, like all of the better timeshare properties in Hawaii (Marriott, Starwood) are steep. Then factor in the yearly dues of upwards of $1500+ and you have the big financial picture.

The offer/incentive to visit at this price is a great deal, whether you buy or not, and the timeshare presentations won't kill your entire trip. Hyatt, even with its limited timeshare properties, does have a great program, including being able to trade your week for gold passport points every other year and travel to any Hyatt around the world, or put your points into Interval International and go just about anywhere. The program is a bit complicated at first, but then you get the hang of it.

We love our Hyatt timeshare properties.

Flyermmmm Jan 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Just got the offer yesterday.
Changed my sheraton Maui stay to this.
Please note the Residency club people say the tower they give is Napili tower, which is almost a construction zone.
I plan to try my luck and do paid upgrade??
Any one has any thoughts on that?

Also, is 10000 gold points better or $100 credit better?

erasmus99 Jan 15, 2014 3:37 pm

Interested in this offer. Can you refer people to it?

Ancien Maestro Jan 15, 2014 8:00 pm

I was aware of the Hyatt Residence Club undergoing construction during our visit last summer. Seemed like lots of construction going on with the changes that Hyatt is trying to put in place.

If you break it down, its actually a not bad deal.. and the points seems to be a good bonus, as well as the promo rates. It would be interesting to combine this deal with a DSU if possible.

Did the deal indicate what type room you would receive. Definitely, avoid the construction view rooms. It can get noisy during the day.

Maui4me1 Jan 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Hyatt Residence Club Maui

You get the construction view rooms.

miles_navigator Feb 19, 2014 10:43 am

That is a good offer and comparable to the current Marriott offer for the standard guest room.

I am in the Marriott Ocean Club Maui now and I see the construction on the Hyatt Residence Club Maui When is the property supposed to be open because the crane is up and they are still working on the frame?

Does anyone know if we will be able to redeem Gold Passport points for the Residence Club in the future? I don't know if there is a subtle difference between Residence Club vs. Vacation Club.

jplee3 Apr 23, 2014 7:15 pm

I just got this offer in the mail - 6 days/5 nights and 10k Hyatt Gold Passport points for $849.

Has anybody done this yet? And is anything else included besides the resort fee and taxes? They mention a Luau on the itinerary haha.

For those who have gone, how was the timeshare presentation? High pressure? Or none whatsoever? We had to endure a timeshare presentation for Holiday Inn Vacation Club in Vegas and there was some mild persistent pressure but nothing crazy (as per some stories I've heard).

Lastly, is there a specific range for travel/stay dates or is it pretty much open anytime based on availability?

newbieflyer1 May 2, 2014 10:44 am

got the same offer
how hard was the sales pitch

JetAway May 2, 2014 10:49 am

I'm actually interested in this property (yes, I'm aware of all the downsides/issues/problems with time shares). I haven't been able to find any contacts to get more info on the property. Does anyone have links or a contact?

Ramonmv May 2, 2014 4:36 pm

They're running this offer again

Same offer as before, and good for travel through 12/31/14.
I doubt that I'll be making a 2nd trip to Maui this year, so I'm hoping they offer one more time, for the first half of next year.
5 nights at the Hyatt Regency Maui is so worth $849 and 90 minutes of your time.
Not to mention, you get the 10k points, too.

pickles1107 May 2, 2014 4:55 pm

Are these eligible rates? Can you use DSU on this rate?