Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Residence Club Maui (@ HR Maui - offers for cheap stay with sales presentation)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Thanks for the great write up flyertalk777! I'm headed there in a couple weeks and am really looking forward to it just one question... Were they giving everyone the $100 voucher or do you think you got it because you showed a genuine interest in the property?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:34 am

"If" I was going to buy a timeshare (and I'm not), this would be a good property to consider. But the flights from Beijing/Chinese middle class stuff is pure bs.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
Thanks for the great write up flyertalk777! I'm headed there in a couple weeks and am really looking forward to it just one question... Were they giving everyone the $100 voucher or do you think you got it because you showed a genuine interest in the property?
Everyone gets it. I think its in the fine print of the offer we got in the mail. They asked a couple times to confirm I wanted it (I think at checkin and when checking in for the timeshare presentation) which made me think you can pick a different gift like luau tix or something but I wanted the credit so I didn't ask about that.

Have a great trip!
Old Aug 29, 2014, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by JetAway
"If" I was going to buy a timeshare (and I'm not), this would be a good property to consider. But the flights from Beijing/Chinese middle class stuff is pure bs.
Yeah, he threw a couple things in there like that. Like I figured beforehand, timeshare salesmen definitely have a lot in common with used car salesmen.

From what I'm hearing now and finding online after looking into timeshares more its just like a car, its usually a better deal buying the timeshare on the secondary market. Just like a car loses a lot of value the minute its driven off the lot and isn't brand new, same with a timeshare. So let someone else pay the new price, wait a year or two and get it at a much better rate. The property and units do look great though. I will say that.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:40 am

Everyone gets the offer, but I picked the 10k Gold Passport points. Better deal IMO.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalk777
Everyone gets it. I think its in the fine print of the offer we got in the mail. They asked a couple times to confirm I wanted it (I think at checkin and when checking in for the timeshare presentation) which made me think you can pick a different gift like luau tix or something but I wanted the credit so I didn't ask about that.

Have a great trip!
Oh that makes sense. My offer said 10k points so I was hoping they were doing 10k +$100.... that would have made the trip much more enjoyable
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:57 am

Oh that makes sense. My offer said 10k points so I was hoping they were doing 10k +$100.... that would have made the trip much more enjoyable
Sounds like the offers are different then if you are a points member or not. Mine only mentioned the hotel credit and said nothing about points. I'm not a member.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:07 pm

Smile Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach Residence Club - Timeshare Presentation offer

I just received this in the mail yesterday:

We are creating something new on the west coast of Maui. Opening in January 2015, we are proud to announce Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach, a Hyatt Residence Club Resort. And you can be one of the first to see it.

COME EXPLORE MAUI FROM YOUR LUXURIOUS 2-BEDROOM, 2-BATH VILLA ON KA'ANAPALI BEACH
ONLY $199 PER NIGHT -A SAVINGS OF UP TO $5915 FOR A 6-DAY, 5-NIGHT STAY ON MAUI.
This nightly rate includes tax and the daily resort fee.

Book by September 22, 2014, to get this exclusive offer for only $199 per night.
Offer applies for stays January 1, 2015 - June 1, 2015. Call for other rates and dates.

Enjoy expansive ocean views from your private lanai complete with pune'e day bed.

Plus, if you call by September 22, 2014, get 10,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Bonus Points to spend on your next vacation.

When you call 1-800-xxx-xxxx to reserve your grand opening stay, you'll hae the opportunity to save up to $1,180 per night on your Maui escape. All we ask is that you join us for a tour of the property.

With such an exclusive opportunity, we have a very limited number of rooms available at this price. You won't find this offer anywhere else! Call 1-800-xxx-xxxx to book your experience today.
etc..

So, my initial thought was, "damn, school doesn't let out until June 4th." And my next thought was, "damn, that other guy got a $99/night offer"..

So, how do I squeeze into the $99/night offer and go during the summer months?

Last edited by Kyoo; Sep 5, 2014 at 8:27 am Reason: post moved
Old Sep 6, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kyoo
I just received this in the mail yesterday:

etc..

So, my initial thought was, "damn, school doesn't let out until June 4th." And my next thought was, "damn, that other guy got a $99/night offer"..

So, how do I squeeze into the $99/night offer and go during the summer months?
It turns out the $99/night offer I got was poorly worded and based on double occupancy, so it works out to the same a night. I had to call in to find that out it was about $200/night, but still a good deal inclusive of taxes and resort fees.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: NW/DL Platinum 15 Years, Diamond 6 Years, DL Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold
Told this is not a stay eligible rate

I received credit for the charges posted to room but no credit for stay or 5 nights.

So I called Diamond Desk and was told that this is not an eligible rate. Anyone been able to resolve this favorably? The offer doesn't say either way.

I did receive the 10K bonus right away. Was also able to use DSU in advance of arrival by contacting hotel concierge.

Details of the timeshare presentation others have outlined are consistent with what we heard. They said I could change my week for 90,000 GPP if I didn't want to use it. Oh, and in-house financing is done at 13.9%. Wow.

The whole thing didn't make sense to me.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by bsktpdlr
I received credit for the charges posted to room but no credit for stay or 5 nights.
I haven't done my stay yet but when I called in to book I specifically asked if the nights count as a stay credit and was told yes. I'm going to be upset if that guy lied to me.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Call the number on this link (1-800-665-8455). Be honest, tell them you don’t have a “Priority Reservation Number via mail from Hyatt Residence Club” but ask if anything might be available. Might get a pleasant surprise.

I haven't done my stay yet but when I called in to book I specifically asked if the nights count as a stay credit and was told yes. I'm going to be upset if that guy lied to me.
You’ve probably been doing this long enough to know better. It’s not a matter of lying, it’s misinformation, miscommunication and/or simple ignorance along with trying to please. If the stay credit is important, you probably shouldn’t risk it or at least expect some groveling afterwards. “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.”

Last edited by peteropny; Sep 21, 2014 at 3:16 pm Reason: Delete quotes that were deleted
Old Sep 21, 2014, 3:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I've deleted a few re ent posts asking for the offer. Please be aware that this type of post is generally not allowed on Flyertalk. Any future posts of this type will be deleted and sanctions may be imposed.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:54 am

Called the 800 number from the website posted in this thread and kindly asked if I was eligible. Mentioned I may have received the flyer a few months back but no longer have it in my possession. The rep called my bluff and asked for my last name and zip code to look me up. What'd ya know.. My name WAS on the list! Was able to change my dates for an upcoming trip during the Halloween weekend and book at the $299 rate. Now I just need to figure out whether these nights would count towards the 12 required for a Diamond trial/challenge.. Any updates on this?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 7:04 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mastermc54
It turns out the $99/night offer I got was poorly worded and based on double occupancy, so it works out to the same a night. I had to call in to find that out it was about $200/night, but still a good deal inclusive of taxes and resort fees.
Thanks for the information - I was fooled too until reading that post. Mine says "$99 per night, double occupancy" which to me feels deceiving that the rate is then doubled.

To confirm, is everyone's offer of the 2BR/2BA?

Also, any confirmation on transferability of the offer? Not entirely sure I'll be able to use it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.