Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:20 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Did you post in the wrong thread? Andaz doesn't have a lounge and there was no charge for breakfast for Diamond at all. Did you mean Hyatt Regency Maui?

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
We were in a suite, so in the same room. The HR Orange County took the kids breakfast off the bill. HR Maui did not. So YMMV I guess.

I didn't mind at all because the buffet breakfast was far superior to the breakfast offered in the lounge. I don't mind paying the few bucks for our family to take in the buffet.

Officially buffet breakfast isn't included, but the comped two adults per morning for us, even though the lounge offered breakfast simultaneously each morning.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:15 am

Programs: HH diamond, Hyatt diamond, *wood plat, Delta Diamond 4th yr, SWA A List
re room snacks

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011
please let us know! also are the room snacks and drinks complimentary?
Yes the room snacks are complimentary as are the non-alcoholic beverages. The snack tray is not as robust as what I experienced as the Andaz in Hollywood.

During evening turndown they provided a pitcher of ice water.

My cooler had one tonic water, one soda water, one juice, and one cola (no bottled water and no bottled tea). Two nut bars and one bag of bbq chips were provided. (I went to ABC store for several economical large bottles of purified water.)

Diamond amenity fruit tray was nice and they didn't deliver a bottle of "Canvas" white wine, rather it was an Italian Pinot Grigio (2011 Corvara).
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Wirelessly posted (iPhone-ETOPS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

Some initials impressions of my weekend stay here. Last night there was some party for investors and other big wigs that helped their Andaz open. They took up the lowest two floors of the pools but were courteous enough to end at 8 pm and take their after party to the ballroom.

-as a diamond celebrating an anniversary, the hotel did nothing special. Would have at least gotten a bottle of wine at other hotels.
-had lots of issues with obtaining a 4 pm checkout. In the end, we are transferring from a suite to a regular room on the day of checkout.
-really like the look and feel of the rooms. It's very much unlike the look and feel of your standard hotel room in Hawaii. So it's a nice change for someone coming from Honolulu. Nice modern rooms. And they did a very nice job renovating the old Renaissance.
-another thing that's great--ample supply of pool chairs. And lots of umbrellas. Beachside and poolside service are great. No silly cabana charges (there are cabanas at charge, but the majority are nice comfortable, padded chairs).
-Kaana Kitchen for dinner was a very good meal. The menu descriptions are quite vague but we were surprised at the quality of the food we received. I had the chicken, which had the best accompanied malasadas I've ever had. Wife had the gnocchi, which came with one of the best lamb accompaniments she's ever had.
-only Hyatt in Hawaii with a swimmable beach that's not either surrounded by rocks in the water or pounding surf. This is prime Wailea beachfront property.
-car service to anywhere in Wailea was great. We used it to go to Spago last night. No issues. Was on demand. Is first come, first served.
-love the water machines on every other (?) floor and the bottles they give you.
-the welcome leis are not cheap stuff. A good $7-10 if I were to purchase them at retail in Honolulu.
-diamond breakfast at Kaana Cafe was great too. They told us they could make anything. If we wanted steak and eggs, they could do it. We were also offered room service breakfast at checkin with no limit to pricing but given the unique concept at Kaana Cafe, we have not and won't be taking advantage of the room service breakfast.
-No awful music poolside. Just Hawaiian music piped through speakers. Can't hear it from the room.
-shower design makes no sense to me but I like it.
-will post pictures after return.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:08 pm

I stayed 4 nights using WAILEA offer and received 2 nights stay credit. Anyone received 4?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:14 pm

I had the same problem and emailed GP Concierge. They fixed it to 4 nights right away.

Originally Posted by scjmc
I stayed 4 nights using WAILEA offer and received 2 nights stay credit. Anyone received 4?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by jimmychang
I had the same problem and emailed GP Concierge. They fixed it to 4 nights right away.
how did you ask? after all, we only paid for 2 nights using that offer?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:44 pm

It has been discussed in the earlier post. All nights of that rate should count.

Originally Posted by scjmc
how did you ask? after all, we only paid for 2 nights using that offer?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:16 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by slippahs
-another thing that's great--ample supply of pool chairs. And lots of umbrellas. Beachside and poolside service are great. No silly cabana charges (there are cabanas at charge, but the majority are nice comfortable, padded chairs).
Thanks for the review. Curious about the above -- what exactly is the deal with cabanas -- charge or no charge? I was a bit confused by your post on that issue. Thanks.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by nnn
Thanks for the review. Curious about the above -- what exactly is the deal with cabanas -- charge or no charge? I was a bit confused by your post on that issue. Thanks.
Sorry. There are a handful of cabanas, available for rent. There are ample beach chairs with umbrellas for use, however, free of charge.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:07 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by canyonleo
I am currently on property. We're in and out of our car 3-4 times a day so not doing valet. I'll post more about two self-parking options I know of when we return.
I'd love to hear an update on this.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:16 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Does the fitness center / gym have any free weights or dumbells ? I haven't seen any pictures except for one that shows the treadmills only. Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:50 am

Will I have access to the breakfast if I book a club room on awards? I currently have no status with hyatt. Planning to stay 4 days. I didnt want to waste my diamond challege on a 4 day stay with no other stays planned for a few months. Thanks!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:18 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by lazyy
Will I have access to the breakfast if I book a club room on awards? I currently have no status with hyatt. Planning to stay 4 days. I didnt want to waste my diamond challege on a 4 day stay with no other stays planned for a few months. Thanks!
This hotel does not offer club rooms.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
Does the fitness center / gym have any free weights or dumbells ? I haven't seen any pictures except for one that shows the treadmills only. Thanks.
I'm not a gym type, but I think the answer is yes, there are lots of free weights. I would suggest you just call up the hotel and ask for the gym, or ask for someone that is a gym expert (so not to ask some guest services generalist who won't know the specifics of your question anyway).
Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by jimmychang
It has been discussed in the earlier post. All nights of that rate should count.
Update regarding Wailea Offer:

"Dear Mr. scjmc:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport; I appreciate the
opportunity to assist you.

Regarding confirmation number xxxx, the rate you booked your
reservation at you received two free nights. The free night to not
qualify as eligible night since you did not pay for them. So you stayed
four nights but only paid for two nights.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any other assistance
with your Hyatt Gold Passport account.

Best Regards"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.