Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo
You can call the rental car company and reconfirm your res with your confirmation, it works great. Very cheap. Anyone know of this company? I don't remember where on SD info was posted (rental cars? Hawaii? another hotel chain thread?).
Sounds like Discount Hawaii Car Rental, which is who we used for the Big Island and Kauai. Much better prices that I found anywhere else, plus spouse drives free is always welcome.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt, AS
My fiance and I are going to be in Maui for 6 days in September and booked our car through Costco's travel site. Got a standard size car for $150 after taxes and everything. Strongly recommend checking out Costco for rental cars.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by davidaldrich58
My fiance and I are going to be in Maui for 6 days in September and booked our car through Costco's travel site. Got a standard size car for $150 after taxes and everything. Strongly recommend checking out Costco for rental cars.
What a great first post! Wish I had known about that when I went.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
What a great first post! Wish I had known about that when I went.
Another great place to look for rental cars is through USAA. It's free to join and very simple to rent a car through them. I always find the lowest rate either via Costco or USAA.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:14 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by eltex
Sounds like Discount Hawaii Car Rental, which is who we used for the Big Island and Kauai. Much better prices that I found anywhere else, plus spouse drives free is always welcome.
Discount Hawaii Car Rental might be it... yes or no, the place I used blew away and incremental discounts that places like AAA, USAA, Costco or others provides... talking like 25-50% off discounted prices, over 50% off lowest price direct from the car companies.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:28 am

Discount Hawaii Car Rental might be it... yes or no, the place I used blew away and incremental discounts that places like AAA, USAA, Costco or others provides... talking like 25-50% off discounted prices, over 50% off lowest price direct from the car companies.
I used discount Hawaii Car rental and got a standard car for a week for 230 including tax. Much cheaper than the asking price from the car rental directly. I was happy with the rate.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
I truthfully believe you pay for what you get with these car rentals. Just don't be disappointed when you see the actual car!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
How so? I've always booked the best rate I could find no matter the source and have not been disappointed.

I've received some pretty nice cars for under $200 AI per week.

What is your experience?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
I must cant comment on the Andaz bar, but i thought it was worth a mention that if you fancy a beverage with some wasabi nuts and a tinkling piano as the sun sets, we loved the Four Seasons bar upstairs outside Wolfgang Pucks. Great for people watching (going in and out of the restaurant) and for the sunset. Not sure if the Andaz has anything similar... but we spent most evenings here hmmmm wish i were there now!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by CanfordCliffs
I must cant comment on the Andaz bar, but i thought it was worth a mention that if you fancy a beverage with some wasabi nuts and a tinkling piano as the sun sets, we loved the Four Seasons bar upstairs outside Wolfgang Pucks. Great for people watching (going in and out of the restaurant) and for the sunset. Not sure if the Andaz has anything similar... but we spent most evenings here hmmmm wish i were there now!
When I was at the Andaz in July, there was a guy with a guitar nightly who played/sang pop. I thought he was good (and my 13 year old daughter thought so also).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:45 am

Programs: Leaders Unlimited,Fairmont Platinum,SLH Loved,IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by LivelyFL
When I was at the Andaz in July, there was a guy with a guitar nightly who played/sang pop. I thought he was good (and my 13 year old daughter thought so also).
sounds like the andaz wailea may already have this covered then!
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by zzrayzz
I truthfully believe you pay for what you get with these car rentals. Just don't be disappointed when you see the actual car!
You're not understanding the company in question... they're not a car rental company with their own cars, they are a reseller of Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc. - the same car rental companies you know. You get a Hertz or Avis or Enterprise or whichever confirmation number. You can call Hertz (or whichever) and use your confirmation number same as if you booked directly, Hertz (or whichever) won't even know you didn't book direct. You take the Hertz (or whichever) bus, arrive at the Hertz (or whichever) lot, and pick your car just as if you booked direct.

There is no surprise with the car, as if you rented from Wild E. Coyote's Acme Car Rental of Maui.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:02 pm

You're not understanding the company in question... they're not a car rental company with their own cars, they are a reseller of Hertz, Avis, Enterprise, etc. - the same car rental companies you know. You get a Hertz or Avis or Enterprise or whichever confirmation number. You can call Hertz (or whichever) and use your confirmation number same as if you booked directly, Hertz (or whichever) won't even know you didn't book direct. You take the Hertz (or whichever) bus, arrive at the Hertz (or whichever) lot, and pick your car just as if you booked direct.

There is no surprise with the car, as if you rented from Wild E. Coyote's Acme Car Rental of Maui.
Correct, same as renting through Costco. We have used both and usually find Costco to be slightly cheaper.

The one glaring negativeI have with this property is the inability to use the lanai for anything longer than a few minutes due to the painfully uncomfortable furniture. This is one of our favorite things to do when in Hawaii (esp. after the kid goes to bed).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:46 pm

costco

We're heading to Andaz Saturday and looking forward. Unf. we're a Diamond family of 4 so we don't expect suite but hope to have a queen that's not overlooking the parking lot BUT whatever we get (on points - unf. can't get another room on points since not available for whole stay) we'll be happy just to be all together and in Hawaii.
And I booked our car through Costco... only a week ago paying $158 ai for Full Size... We've been doing alot of traveling and have found Costco travel's car rentals always beats the competitors with built in upgrades.
Now hoping the room isn't too small since 2 will be meeting us at OGG.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Elite; Hyatt Platinum; SPG Preferred+; Club Carlson Gold; SW CP
Stayed at the Andaz Maui from 28 Jul to 01 Aug. We enjoyed the property. Did a lot of activities off-site but snorkeled in front of the Andaz multiple times, used the pool a bunch of times. We bought a lot of snacks from Costco to avoid paying absurd rates for on-site food (though we did splurge one night for Mama's Fish House). Also used canyonleo's parking tip to save some money. That worked great....no issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.