Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: AA platinum Ex, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
We are at this wonderful property now and while we have a car, the free car service is so convenient we have come to rely on it. Fast, friendly, and so much more relaxing than driving after a few drinks.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:27 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
shuttle and parking

where can the free shuttle take you?

also, does anyone know what the parking situation is and if there a free parking option in/around the property? I hate paying for parking and it appears that the only option on their website is $30/night for valet.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hershcules

also, does anyone know what the parking situation is and if there a free parking option in/around the property? I hate paying for parking and it appears that the only option on their website is $30/night for valet.
Just park on the front lawn, they don't care. Kidding aside, you have to choose valet, or find alternate parking.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hershcules

This may help you:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...ui_Hawaii.html
Old Nov 11, 2013, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Only other word of advice is to transfer down from the airport to the hotel and forgo the rental car. We did this on Oahu and saved on the rental vehicle and parking expenses for 5 nights. A $400+ savings.

Perhaps if you want to rent a vehicle to tour during your stay, you can rent out from one of the nearby kiosks.

http://www.alltravels.com/united-sta...-rental-176635
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
I am currently on property. We're in and out of our car 3-4 times a day so not doing valet. I'll post more about two self-parking options I know of when we return.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:31 pm

please let us know! also are the room snacks and drinks complimentary?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by canyonleo
I am currently on property. We're in and out of our car 3-4 times a day so not doing valet. I'll post more about two self-parking options I know of when we return.
I'm interested in other options. Looking forward to your post.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:25 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011
please let us know! also are the room snacks and drinks complimentary?
Yes, like every Andaz.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes, like every Andaz.
thanks, learn something new everyday

does it include any liquor?

Last edited by flyinghigh2011; Nov 11, 2013 at 8:45 pm
Old Nov 11, 2013, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh2011
thanks, learn something new everyday

does it include any liquor?
To my knowledge, it includes the one 10% real juice sugary water bottle. Not the beers or liquor. I don't see any snacks, but then I emptied the tine fridge and shelve area to make room for all our stuff anyway (fruits, local coffee and my grinder (although I must note the property has maybe the best hotel coffee I've ever had - hand poured 2-3 cup filtered of maybe two-week old roast), liquor from Costco run, frequent poke runs, local health food store snacks...
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:03 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It includes an organic cola, ice tea and some juices.

Alcohol is available in small bottles (not mini bar size but the size you can in a store when you don't want a full bottle) and tends to be expensive.

Their is an ABC store at Wailea shops which we bought Grey Goose from.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Staying here in Jan. Burning my GP points. Any suggestions on local restaurants? I don't mind driving... but I want local cuisine not catered to tourist.

Also, any suggestions for authentic sushi?

Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by fishy21
Staying here in Jan. Burning my GP points. Any suggestions on local restaurants? I don't mind driving... but I want local cuisine not catered to tourist.
"Local" food or "local" food?

"Local" - Hawaiian specialties - try Da Kitchen, Kihei Cafe, Eskimo Candy, Aloha Mixed Plate, Foodland poke

"local" - as in ingredients sourced locally - try the hotel's Ka'ana Kitchen, or Monkeypod Kitchen (walkable from Andaz, incredible cocktails).

I've never bothered with sushi in Hawaii because poke. I would eat at Morimotos at the hotel if I could afford it though.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 5:29 pm

To add to local and lower-cost options in South Maui:

Maui BBQ - Korean plate lunch fare, Mrs. Han runs it and is a sweetheart.
Foodland or Safeway - poke rice bowls
Gogi food truck - Korean tacos

Monkeypod of course!

In Kaanapali, be sure to go to the Shark Pit food truck, the chef uses only organic grass-fed beef and the chicken meatball (made with unagi in the chicken mix) sub is great. Ono Tacos (a little street-side taco stand) has the best tacos IMO, and right down the street (on the other side) is the Fish Market, a great plate lunch place (Japanese name) in the same strip mall, and next to that mall is the health food grocery that makes a KILLER acai bowl smothered with fresh sliced fruit on top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.