Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 2:01 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by canyonleo
Can someone who has stayed in a suite tell me about the size of the freezer in the refrigerator in the room? Is it small like a mini-bar refrigerator, or is it larger like a small kitchen sized refrigerator?

(My trip starts with a condo stay, and I plan to make smoothies with frozen fruit during that part of the trip, and I'm wondering if I can do the same when I move to the Andaz)

Thx
Small mini bar fridge - no freezer.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:11 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mommy Points
Small mini bar fridge - no freezer.
Something to note: if you fill your fridge with other products they don't replace the free soft drinks. When I called and asked for these they proactively offered a second mini bar fridge for our use.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:51 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
WAILEA rate code

Update: PL agent advised that the rate was incorrectly loaded as ineligible and this is now being rectified.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Something to note: if you fill your fridge with other products they don't replace the free soft drinks. When I called and asked for these they proactively offered a second mini bar fridge for our use.
If you took them up on the offer, or learned enough about it:

- Was the second mini-bar fridge just like the normal hotel kind (even with auto-charging sensors) or was it more like a home unit that has a small but well-usable freezer section?

- Was there a charge for the second mini-bar fridge?

On the other hand, with the 3" deep sinks mentioned up-thread, I may not be able to clean the blender (well, could use the tub, but that would make me think of Kramer making a salad!, and I'm imaging needing that space for dive gear).

Seems like I'll be visiting Jamba daily (which isn't so bad, we're no hotel-pool types and we're driving to beaches and hikes and markets nearly every day anyway.

Thx
Old Sep 30, 2013, 5:37 pm

If you took them up on the offer, or learned enough about it:

- Was the second mini-bar fridge just like the normal hotel kind (even with auto-charging sensors) or was it more like a home unit that has a small but well-usable freezer section?

- Was there a charge for the second mini-bar fridge?

On the other hand, with the 3" deep sinks mentioned up-thread, I may not be able to clean the blender (well, could use the tub, but that would make me think of Kramer making a salad!, and I'm imaging needing that space for dive gear).

Seems like I'll be visiting Jamba daily (which isn't so bad, we're no hotel-pool types and we're driving to beaches and hikes and markets nearly every day anyway.

Thx
Yes the sinks are shallow, to shave I simply filled up one of the glass cups and rinsed my razors in there.

To do some washing I used the plastic trash can (it has another container inside it so is clean).

I don't believe there was a charge for the second fridge. I don't believe it had a freezer section as we used the whole inside as a fridge.

If you're so into your juices realise that the property goes out of it's way to make whatever you want. I prefer watermelon and mint with lots of ice. This wasn't on offer as I wanted, and after asking once, it was delivered to our breakfast table every single morning without asking.

Around the resort they will source whatever you wanted. We wanted a pizza from the Market which wasn't on offer on the pool bar menu and they went up, ordered it, and brought it back with the cheque. They really do try their hardest (especially since the staff are a underworked!)

As for driving to other beaches, we drove around Wailea and have to say that the beach the hotel is on is the best.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Update: PL agent advised that the rate was incorrectly loaded as ineligible and this is now being rectified.
That's what I have been trying to say all along, that all your nights should count.

If some of you feel they shouldn't and you're happy not getting credit there is no sense in arguing.
I already have my credits and I don't need a PL to investigate. That's why we have this forum.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:43 pm

Can someone who has stayed in a suite tell me about the size of the freezer in the refrigerator in the room? Is it small like a mini-bar refrigerator, or is it larger like a small kitchen sized refrigerator?

(My trip starts with a condo stay, and I plan to make smoothies with frozen fruit during that part of the trip, and I'm wondering if I can do the same when I move to the Andaz)

Thx
It is not a refrigerator in the sense and does not have a freezer compartment.
It is an Absorption type ammonia based cooling hotel mini cooler.
It is small and not very deep.
It will keep the temperature of a cold drink but will take a long time to cool something that is at room temperature.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
If you're so into your juices realise that the property goes out of it's way to make whatever you want. I prefer watermelon and mint with lots of ice.

As for driving to other beaches, we drove around Wailea and have to say that the beach the hotel is on is the best.
I love watermelon juice and have it at home almost daily (watermelon is very alkaline), but I also want a daily smoothy that the hotel can't make, with lots of health adds, so I'll find an alternative to making it in the room (there are Jambas in Kihei and Lahaina) - thanks to all for the details on this topic.

Both Mokapu and Ulua are nice enough sandy beaches, but I Maui I look for something different than those two (or mainstream Wailea) offers... For the adventurous with a car Maui has so many beaches that can offer great scuba (Ulua is OK at dusk/dawn, but otherwise very average), avoiding another human (or come close), uniqueness like black volcanic sand, a nearby waterfall, etc.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 8:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by suite2suite
That's what I have been trying to say all along, that all your nights should count.

If some of you feel they shouldn't and you're happy not getting credit there is no sense in arguing.
I already have my credits and I don't need a PL to investigate. That's why we have this forum.
The assumption as made that the Falls Possibilities promo is synonymous to GP stay credit. I think OP was claiming originally about not receiving the Fall Possibilities promo on the 7 nights. Some of us assumed (myself included) that meant not receiving GP stay credit.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The assumption as made that the Falls Possibilities promo is synonymous to GP stay credit. I think OP was claiming originally about not receiving the Fall Possibilities promo on the 7 nights. Some of us assumed (myself included) that meant not receiving GP stay credit.
You get credits for stay/nights and FP promo.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 7:39 am

I can confirm that suite2suite is right. That said, surprised you got yours correctly applied if I was told it was loaded incorrectly. Regardless, it is now fixed.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:02 am

I can confirm that suite2suite is right. That said, surprised you got yours correctly applied if I was told it was loaded incorrectly. Regardless, it is now fixed.
Thanks for the acknowledgement.

It was not applied correctly for me at first.
When I noticed the HGP Summary shown on the invoice/folio did not reflect the eligible spend of the nights that were paid and showed zero qualifying nights, I tried to get it corrected by the hotel when I was still there but they couldn't or didn't know how.
So it was escalated both with the hotel and with guest relations.

It was always the intention of the hotel that all nights count and for us to get full credit on the amount spent.
So the logic is that if all nights count, they also should count for the promotion, and they do.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 6:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Glad it worked out after all! So the Wailea promo is now confirmed to count towards the FP promo. (I think this is what you guys are saying?).
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:19 am

Do the suites have a sleeper sofa - thinking of bringing 5 and 8 year olds and while other Andaz suites offer bedding for the family wanted to confirm - thanks!
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by nittanydave
Do the suites have a sleeper sofa - thinking of bringing 5 and 8 year olds and while other Andaz suites offer bedding for the family wanted to confirm - thanks!

The suite i stayed in, did not have a sleeper sofa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.