Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:15 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
My experience, sadly, was rough in the middle as well as at the edges.
It started badly and except for the lovely woman who checked me out and the very nice guy in the club, did not get much better.
I had a 20 minute wait for checkin. Per the advice above, when I finally made it to the desk, I asked for a renovated room, and I did get one. It was, however, about the size of my bathroom at LeGrand, which I had just left, and I was also unhappy with the two beds. But as I was now pressed for time, and was only staying one night, I thought I'd survive. And of course I did, though I was made even unhappier when I couldn't connect to the WiFi in the room and at 1045 pm, on my second call to guest services, I was told I could change my room--not a serious option when the alarm was set for 6 am and my pre-packing things were strewn about. And it would have been nice to have a washcloth or two.
Oddly enough, I had stayed there once many years ago when it was the Concord Lafayette and thought it was fine--perhaps my expectations have changed.
The location was fine for me that day, as I was attending a performance at the Palais des Congres and heading to CDG the next morning, but it would not be my preferred location on a longer trip. I thought the club was nice-looking. I got there at about 730 pm and most of the evening food was gone; I was leaving too early to sample breakfast. The price was great, but this was definitely a case of getting what one has paid for.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I just returned from a one night stay here and must say, I would stay again in a heartbeat. At check in I was upgraded to 2406 which had a spectular view of the Effiel Tower and Paris. It was one of the recently renovated rooms and yes, a bit on the small side. My room was right across from the elevators, but I didn't hear any noise -- then again, it was a Tuesday and the hotel did not appear anywhere near full. As mentioned, the metro and Air France Les Cars are very close by as is the shopping center with a gourmet grocery. I did have a drink at the upstairs lounge and opted for a glass of the 17 euro white wine (rather than some of the more pricier cocktails)--but that was a small price to pay for that view . My only negative was no ice on the floors, and when I called down I was advised of the 5 euro charge for delivery. But the ice was delivered promptly and considering how hot it was in Paris, well appreciated.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold,AA Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . SPG gold .
We checked at the end of March using points and upgrading to club floor. I wanted access to the lounge for breakfast and cocktails in the evening . I was very happy with the lounge and staff.
We were also traveling with our 15 year old daughter so I was hoping that a club floor room was a bigger room. I was sorely disappointed when we arrived at our room . It was a tiny little room and with the roll away they brought in there was no room for us . Also not a remolded room .It was like being in a motel 6 room with a great view.
Anyway went back down to the front desk and ended up with a 2 bedroom suite . It was not a newer remolded suite but we did not care . It was big and had two bedrooms.
The location is a short distance from most tourist attractions. There is a metro stop a short walk through a mall connected to the hotel.
The staff members were always very helpful and pleasant .
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
report on April 18th stay (in progress)

I'm currently staying in this hotel for one night. Upon check in, I was told I had been upgraded to an Eiffel Tower view room, however, it turned out it was a non-renovated room. This room was in horrible condition! Everything was dirty and beat up and the wall had been stripped to the bare plaster. Totally unacceptable. It took four phone calls and more than 30 minutes of waiting for them to move us to a different room.
However the guest relations manager came up with the bell hop to personally apologize for the check in agent having put me in this room. We were moved into a renovated room on the 24th floor and were comped breakfast for tomorrow. The biggest issue I had was not only being put into what was a disgusting room, but then having to wait 30 minutes for them to correct the situation.
Hopefully the rest of the stay will go smoothly!
Old May 26, 2014, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I just had a one night stay at this hotel. I should have read this thread before going.
This was probably the worst Hyatt I have ever visited. Room in a terrible state, paint peeling off, crooked closet doors, small rooms, horrible colors in the corridor...
Staff is fine and I have no complaint about that. Except that I was told I had been upgraded from a "normal" room to a "de luxe". My God, was it anything but "luxe"!!!

I should have complained as soon as I saw the room, but not having read this thread, I had no idea they had renovated vs non renovated room. Though I do not understand how they could still have non-renovated room.

I cannot believe either that they still have single pane windows!

The only redeeming point was that Carlos Rodriguez came sit next to us in the club to have breakfast and a few minutes later, Li Na joined him, giving my tennis loving partner some memorable celebrity sighting.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:21 am

Programs: AS 100K
i'm thinking of staying here next month, but it's a group of 3 (including myself). Which rooms/suites are good for three people? When I do a search for 3 people at hyatt.com, the only option i get is the presidential suite

Anyone have any experience with having three people in a two-person reservation?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:41 am

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
i'm thinking of staying here next month, but it's a group of 3 (including myself). Which rooms/suites are good for three people? When I do a search for 3 people at hyatt.com, the only option i get is the presidential suite

Anyone have any experience with having three people in a two-person reservation?
The room is very tiny. For 3 people, it might be too cramped. They have 1 bedroom suite with sofa but it wasn't renovated yet earlier this year.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Bidu
The room is very tiny. For 3 people, it might be too cramped. They have 1 bedroom suite with sofa but it wasn't renovated yet earlier this year.
Is that one bedroom suite the presidential suite?

Also, if I get a room using lmtclub, would I be able to apply a DSU?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 1:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Also, if I get a room using lmtclub, would I be able to apply a DSU?
Assuming that lmtclub is a third party booking, I don't think you can apply a DSU.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Assuming that lmtclub is a third party booking, I don't think you can apply a DSU.
so DSUs can only be used when booking directly through hyatt? didn't know that.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:10 pm

so DSUs can only be used when booking directly through hyatt? didn't know that.
It has to be an eligible revenue rate - third party bookings are usually ineligible.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
It has to be an eligible revenue rate - third party bookings are usually ineligible.
very good to know. thanks.

do you think it's worth using a DSU at the etoile for 2 nights? i still need to figure out if suite can take 3 people.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:16 pm

do you think it's worth using a DSU at the etoile for 2 nights? i still need to figure out if suite can take 3 people.
Don't know the property - so can't help you on that front - hopefully someone with more experience will be able to help you.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM

This hotel sometimes goes for $100 on Priceline. I haven't stayed in a suite, but I hope that helps you a little bit.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:59 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP

I asked front desk for points upgrade earlier this year and the guest relation manager showed me what their regular 1bedroom suite (not presidential suite) looks like. It was old and outdated. so i choose deluxe room only. Not really sure if they completed their suite renovation yet or no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.