Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 17, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by notthatdeadyet
It was 30 degrees when we were there, and sunny, but did not find the rooms "warm". Still, hard to get it very cool. There is a keypad near the door, but could not adjust temp, only fan. Kept shades shut to keep out sun, which did help.
Thanks. I am hoping that the hotel lives up to my lower than usual expectations given the fact it is beyond the peripherique
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM

It's not beyond the Périphérique.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 7:43 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
It's not beyond the Périphérique.
I love the fact you used accents and all. IT IS CLOSE ENOUGH.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:45 am

Here now. The guest relations staff are fantastic as is the AC.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by lalala
Here now. The guest relations staff are fantastic as is the AC.
But do you have a nice view of the Priphrique?
Old Aug 30, 2013, 12:26 pm

I do! But moving soon to a view of the hvac system.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 1:57 pm

My hvac system view turned into a panorama view of adt and te. Not bad.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 5:22 pm

I just got this hotel on Priceline for $110 a night. I wish I had used my Hyatt Visa when I was bidding. For four nights, I saved $627 over the current Hyatt non refundable rate. Not the greatest location, but if I present my Gold Passport and Hyatt Visa cards when I check in, perhaps they won't treat my like a stepchild.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 8:57 pm

Tell them I said hey. Guy, the guest relations manager is fantastic. Hopefully you will get a upgraded room.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:43 pm

Tell them I said hey. Guy, the guest relations manager is fantastic. Hopefully you will get a upgraded room.
As in rhymes with Key or is he Americain?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:41 am

Quote:

As in rhymes with Key or is he Americain?

You figure it out.

Seriously, am considering staying here again in Dec because the service was awesome. The hotel's hallways are awful as is the bar upstairs, but the suites were lovely.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 11:21 pm

Just finished four nights here. My thoughts are colored by the fact that I was at the Park Hyatt Vendome for the four nights immediately preceding this and this was a Priceline stay.

At the Park Hyatt, every employee is friendly and greets you with a "bon jour" or "bon soir." At the Hyatt Regency, no one does unless you approach them and then they are friendly.

When you get your keys, you get a little note to the effect that in 2014 and 2015, they will be completely renovating the hotel. I presume this is to get you ready for the fact that this hotel won't be what you expect from a Hyatt.

The room was clean, but very plain and very much in need of updating - on a par with an old Holiday Inn. One thing that annoyed me about the Park Hyatt was that they replaced the soap (both sinks and the tub) every single day - what a waste. At this hotel, there was one bar for the tub and sink combined and was never replaced. Some middle ground might have been nice.

Once nice thing, presumably because of my Gold Passport membership, the first night there was a knock on the door and I received a "present for you" of a large bottle of Evian and a package of mini-muffins that were very tasty. The last evening of my stay, another "present" of a large bottle of Evian and a package of four macarons. Coincidentally, I had just come from Gerard Mulot with a box of their heavenly macarons. I thought it was a great opportunity to compare. The gift macarons were tasteless in comparison. (Not a complaint about the Hyatt, just a comment about how wonderful the Gerard Mulot macarons are.)

The hotel is attached to the Palais des Congres and has a mall on the ground and lower levels, including a high end grocery story, a Paul and an Angelina's. For some reason (perhaps to keep the riff raff out?), they lock the doorway between the hotel and the conference center at about 10:00 p.m., requiring people to go outside and walk around in the dark to get to the hotel entrance. Pretty annoying because you get to and from the Metro and RER stations from the conference center.

As has been indicated above, the public areas are nice and the view from upper floors is great.

All that said, considering I paid $100 a night on Priceline, not a bad place to stay.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Dec 8, 2013 at 11:27 pm
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
... and an Angelina's. ...
Thank you for the review, ILuvParis. I didn't know that there are more than one Angelina's. Are there more than this and the original?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you for the review, ILuvParis. I didn't know that there are more than one Angelina's. Are there more than this and the original?
There are about 9 in paris, one in Lyon, maybe 8-10 in Japan, and 1 in Beijing.

http://www.angelina-paris.fr/#/adresses/
Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Thank you, synd.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.