Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 14, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by msc75
How is the Eiffel hidden from view? I've stayed here twice before it was a Hyatt and had a spectacular view of the tower both times.
care to share any photos for my preview?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
How is the Eiffel hidden from view? I've stayed here twice before it was a Hyatt and had a spectacular view of the tower both times.
Maybe you opened the drapes?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Maybe you opened the drapes?
That is always a useful tip

I found one old shot, though I'm sure TripAdvisor has much better visitor photos.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:59 am

Programs: LH Senator, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That is always a useful tip

I found one old shot, though I'm sure TripAdvisor has much better visitor photos.
WOW! Imagine that with fireworks, with 70-200 f/2.8 prime lens.... now I am reaaaaally excited!

Last edited by peteropny; Jul 15, 2013 at 9:53 am Reason: Removed quoted pic
Old Jul 15, 2013, 7:48 am

We just checked-out and our room provided similar views.

However, the tower is several kilometers away and I am sure a telephoto around 600 millimeters was used to take this photo.

Besides, the tower appears almost dark in the night since all windows are tinted (and not to open) .....

Last edited by peteropny; Jul 15, 2013 at 9:53 am Reason: Removed quoted pic
Old Jul 15, 2013, 9:11 am

FWIW, the hotel's website has a similar view in quite a few of its pictures.

Last edited by ILuvParis; Jul 15, 2013 at 3:55 pm Reason: typos
Old Jul 15, 2013, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I watched the 45mn fireworks last night from my room and it was an amazing show. One part of the window opens up so I even could enjoy the noise
At the same time, looking out to the right I could enjoy the fireworks shot in Neuilly, so two shows from my window. The glass is slightly tinted but not a problem
I'll do it again next year
Old Jul 16, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by Marevna
However, the tower is several kilometers away and I am sure a telephoto around 600 millimeters was used to take this photo.

(
I'm completely clueless about photography and the photo was taken with a cheap digital camera, but I'm glad it came out nice. I believe that camera fell in the water and died in Negril, Jamaica the following year. At least it saw some good times
Old Jul 24, 2013, 9:06 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

I can book four nights here for about 640 USD using stay certs. Afraid that I will end up in a cruddy room (PLT). Don't care about breakfast, just strong AC and a window that
opens.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Originally Posted by stimpy
Not sure how it works at the Hyatt, but at Le Meridien you can stop by the concierge and pick up a gym pass for free.
No longer. Meridien now has an on-site fitness facility, which is at a quality level of not bad for hotel and awesome for european hotel, and as such, no longer have the free entrance programme with Wau/Leclub across the street.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:06 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
Originally Posted by thierry
I watched the 45mn fireworks last night from my room and it was an amazing show. One part of the window opens up so I even could enjoy the noise
At the same time, looking out to the right I could enjoy the fireworks shot in Neuilly, so two shows from my window. The glass is slightly tinted but not a problem
I'll do it again next year
I have been in Paris about 50% for last 2.5yrs, in apartments & hotels, so quite familiar with city & properties.
I was in Paris 2weeks ago, and made the decision to watch the La Fete Nationale celebrations from their Le Vue bar.

As stated elsewhere, but to recap, the hotel is a revamp of a huge old known hotel (Lafayette Concorde) in a nice quiet neighbourhood in France (Ternes/Etoile) quite near La Defense. Very easy to get to (1 line, AF bus from CDG, bus43, Periphique).
Across the street from the Le Meridien Etoile (Starwood), and atop Les Palais du Congress which is a combination high-ish end mall and convention area, with a very hip nightclub and a fantastic high end grocery, as well as one of the nicer fitness gyms in Paris.

Hyatt is a renovating hotel, and they clearly chose the public areas first. The lobby is pretty awesome, the Le Vue was a very nice upgrade and a great choice of from where to watch the fireworks show, but the rooms are not so great. That first review must be from someone who works at the hotel. It is Europe, so everything is about 1star 'off' from a typical US property, and it is Paris, in the Summer, so things cost what they cost, but I had the sense, strongly, of a skewed value to price here, and not in a positive way.

While I am thrilled to have options to earn Hyatt points while in Europe at something within my expense budget, this hotel was not really up to par for the cost. Next stay I'll likely do again what I did this time - sleep at Le Meridien, and come have drinks at Le Vue!

Last edited by KevinS; Jul 28, 2013 at 2:18 pm
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
Hello all. New poster, checked in earlier this week to Hyatt Etoile.

Arrival: It was a 48 Euro cab fare from CDG, which was fine given the large bags the wife and I had decided to carry. Checked in before 10am, and the king-sized club room was ready. Check-in was painless, stood in non-diamond line (usual result of jet lag and one hour sleep on Delta) but staff was excellent and efficient. Had the diamond upgrade processed and all particulars in place. Our bad French did not matter; her English was excellent.

Room was a bit dark and a little dated, but view of ETower very good. Toilet not co-located with shower, which caused a bit of confusion but no big deal. Looked at fitness center...2 treadmills, a rowing machine, 2 bike, 2 elliptical, but nothing connected to video or tv streaming...it was okay, above a lower level Hyatt, better than many Paris hotels, but left room for improvement. Video or sound on the machines would be nice. The view of Paris from the fitness center is wonderful, though. Might be picky here.

The RC is currently closed after breakfast. The buffet breakfast is great, staff here is very welcoming for jet-lagged US visitors. Physical plant again is dark, dark wood, with visible wear and tear near the window ledges. Still, is an attractive sunny space with the weather Paris has experienced recently. In winter...?

Post breakfast, the RC relocates to the lobby, in Bar La Fayette. Again, staff is great but the food servings are on the meager end. After 6pm, Wines and champagne (Tattinger) are plentiful but snacks are on small side. Any extra food/beverage above standard service are billed to the room. Nice area for an aperitif at this time. Hope this improves later this month when the RC relocates upstairs.

Have stayed at several Paris hotels previously, including the Hyatt Madeleine property. Etolie is not directly comparable to Madeleine, but with a "price/value" comparison the Etoile does seem to provide good value to diamond members given the current upgrade situation.

Last edited by notthatdeadyet; Aug 3, 2013 at 3:58 pm
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:03 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia

Anyone care to discuss the AC situation? Is it pretty decent?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 1:58 pm

Programs: Free agent, value for my money
It was 30 degrees when we were there, and sunny, but did not find the rooms "warm". Still, hard to get it very cool. There is a keypad near the door, but could not adjust temp, only fan. Kept shades shut to keep out sun, which did help.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 2:32 pm

Isn't "decent" A/C in a hotel in Paris rather unusual?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.