Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 9, 2013, 8:10 am
  #61  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: PHX and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 85,228
Originally Posted by Firewind
Thank you for the review, ILuvParis. I didn't know that there are more than one Angelina's. Are there more than this and the original?
I didn't know either and I'm not sure how they stay in business, unless they get a huge surge during large conferences or at certain times of day when I wasn't present. I was there at about 3:00 one day and there was one other customer. I walked past at other times and it didn't seem much busier. Granted, I didn't go past around lunch time.
ILuvParis is offline  
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:01 am
  #62  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOS and ...
Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Posts: 9,950
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
I didn't know either and I'm not sure how they stay in business, unless they get a huge surge during large conferences or at certain times of day when I wasn't present. I was there at about 3:00 one day and there was one other customer. I walked past at other times and it didn't seem much busier. Granted, I didn't go past around lunch time.
Well, the original one is always humming when I've been on walkabout after arriving too early at the PHV for my room. And at lunchtime. Several of those times have been in January and February, which may further explain it.

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 9, 2013 at 9:07 am
Firewind is offline  
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:09 am
  #63  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: PHX and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 85,228
Originally Posted by Firewind
Well, the original one is always humming when I've been on walkabout after arriving too early at the PHV for my room. And at lunchtime. Several of those times have been in January and February, which may further explain it.
I should have said that I don't know how that location stays in business. Yes, the one on Rue de Rivoli is always busy.
ILuvParis is offline  
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:11 am
  #64  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BOS and ...
Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Posts: 9,950
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
... The gift macarons were tasteless in comparison. (Not a complaint about the Hyatt, just a comment about how wonderful the Gerard Mulot macarons are.) ...
Maybe by the time this is fully up to speed as a Hyatt, they'll source their "BGs" from the Angelina's downstairs.
Firewind is offline  
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:40 am
  #65  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 1,077
How many categories and actual numbers of suites does this property have?

Can't get a shout at using my Diamond upgrades, although I'm booked on a fairly attractive promo rate - which implies to me that occupancy is not extremely high. I also see the Ambassador and Presidential suites available for booking on my dates (which I quite understand are not eligible for Diamond upgrades).
milehighj is offline  
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:16 am
  #66  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: southUSA
Posts: 397
Is this property still under renovation upgrades?

Worth booking club level room for some afternoon tea and breaky?
michaelpowell44 is offline  
Old Dec 22, 2013, 3:43 pm
  #67  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,246
Originally Posted by michaelpowell44
Is this property still under renovation upgrades?
I think someone upthread said the lobby was done but the room reno starts in January 2014.
slocouple is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:53 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 1,077
Originally Posted by milehighj
How many categories and actual numbers of suites does this property have?

Can't get a shout at using my Diamond upgrades, although I'm booked on a fairly attractive promo rate - which implies to me that occupancy is not extremely high. I also see the Ambassador and Presidential suites available for booking on my dates (which I quite understand are not eligible for Diamond upgrades).
I've experienced a total run-around I this subject. To avoid any doubt whatsoever, the lowest Suite category is the Regency Suite. There is no such thing as an Executive Suite or Room, and this was eventually confirmed by John, a manager at the Hyatt Diamond Line.

On TWO separate occasions, I saw Regency Suite availability for my stay dates, and called the Diamond line requesting to use my Diamond upgrades. This was denied both times by the Diamond line reps, who insisted that the category eligible for a Diamond upgrade was the so-called "Executive Suite".

On the second occasion, I was actually already checked-in at this property, and was able to quote the Tariff Sheet to the Diamond rep, clearly stating that the LOWEST Suite category sold by the hotel is a Regency Suite. The Diamond line rep still refused to acknowledge this, and said that the system showed Executive Suite as being eligible. I demanded to speak with a manager, and was connected to John, who almost immediately verified that the Regency Suite is the lowest category of suite, and eligible for a Diamond suite upgrade.
milehighj is offline  
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:37 pm
  #69  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Programs: Everything is refundable
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by milehighj
I've experienced a total run-around I this subject. To avoid any doubt whatsoever, the lowest Suite category is the Regency Suite. There is no such thing as an Executive Suite or Room, and this was eventually confirmed by John, a manager at the Hyatt Diamond Line.

On TWO separate occasions, I saw Regency Suite availability for my stay dates, and called the Diamond line requesting to use my Diamond upgrades. This was denied both times by the Diamond line reps, who insisted that the category eligible for a Diamond upgrade was the so-called "Executive Suite".

On the second occasion, I was actually already checked-in at this property, and was able to quote the Tariff Sheet to the Diamond rep, clearly stating that the LOWEST Suite category sold by the hotel is a Regency Suite. The Diamond line rep still refused to acknowledge this, and said that the system showed Executive Suite as being eligible. I demanded to speak with a manager, and was connected to John, who almost immediately verified that the Regency Suite is the lowest category of suite, and eligible for a Diamond suite upgrade.
Are we talking about the XX15 rooms at the end of the coridor?
FD1971 is offline  
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:55 am
  #70  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Posts: 7,414
Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I think you want an ambassador suite at this property. The exec. Suite I was assigned were two dingy room reminiscent of the le meridien montparnasse. I was moved to an ambassador suite the next day which was magnificent in layout, views and furnishings in comparison.
lalala is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:20 am
  #71  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: Krisflyer, hyatt GP
Posts: 184
Stayed here end of dec on 18th floor, guest relation says its newly renovated room but i doubt it. The bathroom looks old, shower is leaking, the water temperature is not 100% reliable; the shower curtain is hard to slide; the toilet bowl has black stain / mold? (Took picture, will post later); the master switch card slot is always fell off. It feels like the room inspection & maintenance is poor & not adequate. More like 2 or 3* hotel room, not hyatt feeling at all. During check in, they asked for my photo ID , took copy, and they forgot to return it to me. It happened on other customer as well, so don't forget to ask it back.

Made 2 reservations and canceled the first one (got cancelation email). Somehow on the checked in day, i saw charge for no show on my credit card. I just realized it is no show charge during checked out. Took them long time to figure it out and settle it down. Will think again to stay in this property.

Last edited by Bidu; Jan 3, 2014 at 1:41 am
Bidu is offline  
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:52 am
  #72  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Programs: Everything is refundable
Posts: 3,727
Originally Posted by Bidu
Stayed here end of dec on 18th floor, guest relation says its newly renovated room but i doubt it. The bathroom looks old, shower is leaking, the water temperature is not 100% reliable; the shower curtain is hard to slide; the toilet bowl has black stain / mold? (Took picture, will post later); the master switch card slot is always fell off. It feels like the room inspection & maintenance is poor & not adequate. More like 2 or 3* hotel room, not hyatt feeling at all.
There is no doubt that the Regency Etoile is the worst Hyatt property on the planet.

Actually, the all time favourites in this category, places like Rickey's or the Hyatt @ SJC not to mention former Holiday Inn properties like Montreal (pre-reno) look good in comparison.

This place is a disgrace for the Hyatt brand.
FD1971 is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:10 pm
  #73  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
Posts: 121
How long does it take to go to the property from CDG airport on metro?
Love_to_Travels is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2014, 9:22 pm
  #74  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: PHX and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 85,228
Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
How long does it take to go to the property from CDG airport on metro?
Don't bother. Take the Air France bus. The stop is right outside the hotel. It's much easier than the RER/Metro unless you want to take the train just to be taking the train.
ILuvParis is offline  
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:45 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 6
Booked 4 nights here for 455 euro (through olotels) from 3 to 7 Februari as I'm in Paris for business. Worth it to send an email to see if I can get a renovated room?
Astalavista12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.