Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: AS MVP, UA GM, Hyatt Somethingist
Originally Posted by overshare
Hi, I noticed today that my upcoming reservations at this hotel show just the dates and reservation number (no hotel name). And, the hotel does not come up in hyatt.com searches for Los Angeles hotels. Anyone know whether this is a hyatt.com glitch, or did the hotel disappear (from Hyatt? completely?)
UPDATE: I called GP Customer Service and was told the hotel is no longer affiliated with Hyatt.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:21 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by overshare
UPDATE: I called GP Customer Service and was told the hotel is no longer affiliated with Hyatt.
Thanks for the heads up. I noticed last week that this property had disappeared from Hyatt.com, but assumed it perhaps it was finally transitioning to the HR flag and there was some sort of web glitch.

It's so odd that this property would change flags (to whatever it is going to be) yet again.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:39 am

Am I shutting them down? I was at the Hyatt San Jose right at the end, same with Rickey's, the Park Hyatt LA and now this one.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Avis First, National Executive
Unhappy No longer Hyatt!

I called GP about the same issue this morning and was told that the hotel is no longer affiliated with Hyatt. What a disappointment considering it is a nice hotel. Also called hotel about the upcoming reservation this week and was told that they will still honor the reservation and I will still get free wifi, Breakfast up to 4 for being Diamond but no points. Wonder if the hotel becoming independent again has anything to do with Radisson LAX turning into HR LAX, maybe 3 Hyatt (HR Century Plaza, HR LA Downtown and HR LAX) will be too much?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:55 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
This is quite odd... the property owner has spent the last 1.5+ years doing a renovation, presumably to get the property up to HR brand standards, and one would assume that they had also entered into a long term management agreement with Hyatt.

It looks like for the time being, it's virtually impossible to make reservations for this property at all... their property website is not taking reservations (says to call or e-mail the hotel), and other online travel agencies (Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) are showing no inventory.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, American Air, National Car
Oh well, I liked the location for certain events, but the hotel had problems - they really should have replaced the elevators as one of the first thing done

The new LAX property has lower rates.

A bit annoying that I couldn't cancel my future 'LA Hotel Downtown' reservation via the website ... I sent Hyatt an email
Old Aug 18, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
So does that mean I still have a reservation with them?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:55 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Am I shutting them down? I was at the Hyatt San Jose right at the end, same with Rickey's, the Park Hyatt LA and now this one.
Give us a warning for your future stays
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Thank you for bringing this up. I was depending on a multi-day stay here in September to wrap up my Diamond challenge, so will have to make alternate arrangements - kind of a pain since the location of this hotel was ideal for work (10 min walk). Will probably stay at the Andaz and brave the commute every day. Ugh. Some advance notice from Hyatt/the hotel would have been welcome.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Not a great loss IMO that property was taking waaaaaay too long with its remodel-except Hyatt now has no DTLA properties Hopefully this will be rectified with a new build FS Hyatt in the near future
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:21 pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior

Give us a warning for your future stays

Hmmm. Not only did I close them down, they were all among my favorite Hyatts (though LA Hotel only for location close to client).

And yes, Rickey's was my favorite Hyatt ever...whatever that says about me.

I'm staying away from the Park Hyatt Chicago and Grand Hyatt Seattle, my remaining favorites.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, UA GM, Hyatt Somethingist
Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Not a great loss IMO that property was taking waaaaaay too long with its remodel-except Hyatt now has no DTLA properties Hopefully this will be rectified with a new build FS Hyatt in the near future
I noticed when I stayed about 10 days ago that my key card was a very generic card and not a Hyatt one. And I accidentally kept it! They would have gotten it back at my now-canceled stay next week.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Well this is plenty annoying, as it's a block from our LA office. Not that the hotel was fantastic or anything, but a 4pm checkout was really convenient as I could walk back and freshen up and change before a 3pm ride to LAX.

When I was there, they had a couple of tour buses (Globus?), so I guess they figure that they can survive on that for a while.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:41 am

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Can't say I didn't see this coming, but it does suck... Weird to be hoping for a DTLA HP now. Maybe a Regency if the Jaguars or Bills decide to move to town

Originally Posted by Quasiconvexity
Thank you for bringing this up. I was depending on a multi-day stay here in September to wrap up my Diamond challenge, so will have to make alternate arrangements - kind of a pain since the location of this hotel was ideal for work (10 min walk). Will probably stay at the Andaz and brave the commute every day. Ugh. Some advance notice from Hyatt/the hotel would have been welcome.
At the risk of popularizing a shortcut I stumbled upon after far too many Westside to DTLA/Eastside trips in LA: from the Andaz, Fountain to Virgil to 6th if the 101 is a mess, which it always is.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by 318i
At the risk of popularizing a shortcut I stumbled upon after far too many Westside to DTLA/Eastside trips in LA: from the Andaz, Fountain to Virgil to 6th if the 101 is a mess, which it always is.
Thank you! ^ I will make sure to wave if I see someone in a 318i

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.