Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
I'm kind of curious if the club is open now. They're advertising it as part of a regency club room - Regency Club
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:38 pm

I just checked in today. The Regency Club is not open.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
So do Diamonds still get free restaurant breakfast? do you get to choose from menu or is it buffet
Old Apr 24, 2014, 2:19 pm

Yes, Diamonds get free breakfast, buffet or menu. The omelet station is gone while the old restaurant is being renovated, but the kitchen will still make eggs to order if requested.
Old May 8, 2014, 3:23 pm

Any idea why this hotel is sold out on 6/16 - 6/17 am looking to book a stay for business and its sold out.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 12:40 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Where at this hotel are renovations still going on? Has the restaurant been renovated? Is the pool open?
Old Jun 20, 2014, 7:03 pm
SST

Originally Posted by Explore
Where at this hotel are renovations still going on? Has the restaurant been renovated? Is the pool open?
The pool is open today, and the restaurant has NOT been renovated.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:37 pm

Are the renovations still going on here?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:31 am

I stayed here last week and Regency Club still wasn't open, so I am guessing renovations are still happening.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 5:43 am

Thumbs down Recent Stay - Pretty Dissapointed

After a recent 2 night stay in July, my wife and I checked out and moved to the Andaz in West Hollywood. In general, the construction doesn't seem to have a big impact on the rooms. Most of what I noticed was work in the lobby.

Don't head back to your room hungry. Room service and the lobby shop both close early and there are no snack vending machines in the hotel. Only soda/water can be purchased through a vending machine on your floor.

The restaurant was so-so. Buffet or menu for diamonds is included but I found the food to be below average for a HR and way below standards for any California hotel property.

Hertz can be found in the building and Enterprise is just a few blocks down the street.

Unless I need to stay nearby, I doubt I'll be back.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
I am at this hotel now and agree with some of the comments posted earlier. The buffet for breakfast is definitely sub-par and I find the atmosphere inside the restaurant to be dark and depressing. I have no complaints about the room though and overall, have had a perfectly fine experience (kicking off my Diamond trial). Room service is reasonably priced and the food was delicious (it does cut off at 11, though). I don't see much effect of the renovations (like construction noise) but the elevators are in serious need of refurbishing (hoping they get to them soon). I think it is a decent option if you want to stay with one of the large chains downtown (the Starwood options are abysmal), but is clearly outclassed by the Ritz and the JW Marriott at LA Live (as you would expect).
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Any update on when the renovations will be complete? Stayed at the Bonaventure last Thursday night (just don't, if you were ever considering that) and noticed the temporary banner still flying above the entryway.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, UA GM, Hyatt Somethingist
I have a stay later this week and will report back.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:37 pm

I just checked in for the week. I can tell you that the fitness center is apparently done, as is the lobby. The restaurant is relocated temporarily. No Regency Club. No toothpaste.

Edited to add:
Breakfast in the restaurant is continental buffet. There is also a menu, but the waiter had a "strong presumption" that I would be doing the buffet...as most people seemed to be doing. All I wanted was fruit and dry cereal, so it worked out. The restaurant was pretty busy at 6:33AM, three minutes after opening.
Fitness center is a nice, but a little "odd", in my experience/opinion. Some of the equipment appears to be ten year old Life Fitness (based on style/function), but it's brand new - which isn't to say that it's all working properly. (I found a balky treadmill and an elliptical that was really noisy).
I got upgraded to a Junior Suite. I never seek upgrades, so this was an unexpected "cool thing", especially since Downtown LA seems to be sold out later this week. The room is nice overall, but a little odd, with a mini refrifgerator sitting on the floor.

Last edited by 365RoadWarrior; Aug 5, 2014 at 12:46 pm
Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, UA GM, Hyatt Somethingist
Hi, I noticed today that my upcoming reservations at this hotel show just the dates and reservation number (no hotel name). And, the hotel does not come up in hyatt.com searches for Los Angeles hotels. Anyone know whether this is a hyatt.com glitch, or did the hotel disappear (from Hyatt? completely?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.