Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The LA Hotel Downtown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - NO LONGER HYATT 18-Aug-14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2014, 9:11 am

hotel says in negotiations with Hyatt

Just called the hotel after calling GP to inquire about this hotel.

This location was great - could walk to the metro (who knew there was a subway in LA?!).

Reservations says they are negotiating with Hyatt and are currently running as an independent. I asked if they would let those doing the negotiations know that I would gladly stay here if a Hyatt but not as an independent or under another banner.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 11:01 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I can only speculate that either Hyatt or the property owner breached a covenant in their management agreement. I wonder if the protracted renovation that started two years ago and is still not finished put the property owner out of compliance with an agreed-upon timeframe.

The property doesn't seem to have a back up plan up and running yet, as it has been more than a week since it was removed from the Hyatt reservations system, and it is still not accepting online reservations through alternate means.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:50 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
What's the deal with this Hyatt? I drove down the 110 this morning and I still see the sign that it's being converted to a Hyatt. If it wasn't you'd think they would take that down.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I guess I'm a bit late in finding out that this hotel is not affiliated with Hyatt anymore. The renovation and conversion to a Hyatt was very strange and not executed well. Oh well.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
http://www.law360.com/articles/83379...on-win-vacated

Amusing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.