Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:05 am

Yes, Regency Club was located on the 4th floor slightly off of where breakfast is located. They had a few choices of cheese, crackers, nuts, and other choices like spring rolls on one night. What I found amazing is that they handed us a menu and said we could order any thing off of the appetizer menu since they don't have a fully functioning club yet.
I can also confirm Sammy is the GM. He did take the time to introduce himself. Our suite was quite amazing especially considering the points value. Wonderful view of bangkok from the living space, the bedroom and the nicely appointed bathroom. Couldn't have asked for anything more. Service was incredible. They are doing a great job so far.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Anyone check out the pool yet?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by iexaltu
Yes, Regency Club was located on the 4th floor slightly off of where breakfast is located. They had a few choices of cheese, crackers, nuts, and other choices like spring rolls on one night. What I found amazing is that they handed us a menu and said we could order any thing off of the appetizer menu since they don't have a fully functioning club yet.
GH Abu Dhabi does this as well til their lounge is up and running. This hotels sounds a lot better than I expected. A very nice addition to the Hyatt Bangkok family.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:51 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
Anyone check out the pool yet?
I did but couldn't take any photos because guests were in and around the pool - I'd say the same size as the Marriott Sukhumvit 57 pool. Very nice area with shaded section for the Asian guests who don't care to suntan. Same floor is where the gym is located with great low floor lower Sukhumvit views.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Temp RC is on the 4th floor, isn't it? Same floor as the Marketplace restaurant with the large show kitchen.

-David
Not sure if it was the 2nd or the 4th but it was on the same floor as the Marketplace.

I'm scheduled to go back for a second visit regarding the rooms and will report back.

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 1, 2019 at 9:01 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:28 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I bet Seth had the same problems I had trying to upload images in advanced mode. It wasn't working as expected.

-David
Originally Posted by SethLevy
Yes - sorry could not figure out how to post the photos - tried several times in advance mode. I will post them on Trip Advisor instead shortly. I note that it was raining in Bangkok today and water poured into the bathroom by the windows, so likely not sealed correctly. Otherwise - stay is going well!
To post photos:
  • Click the little "photo" icon in the text editor
  • Follow the prompts
  • If your photos are too large, you may need to edit them down in a photo editor prior to uploading

Any time you have issues, please report them in the support forum.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Ok - I think I finally figured it out. Here are a few pictures of my suite. It was Room 706. Grand Suite King.

Last edited by SethLevy; Jan 5, 2019 at 11:09 am
Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G

LIH Prem, tjae, atlion25 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thanks for the pics!

Is the closet as small as it looks in the photo?
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:20 am

Thank you Seth ... looks nice. Love the uniform minibar pricing .. everything is 100 THB.

-David
Old Jan 6, 2019, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

There must be a HR catalogue somewhere because a lot of the finishes and hardware looks like HR Tashkent.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Thanks for the pics!

There was a bit more to the closet, drawers and a safe, but only room for one bag on shelf rack.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:57 am

Thank you Seth ... looks nice. Love the uniform minibar pricing .. everything is 100 THB.

-David
These are high quality healthy snacks that were made especially for the HR BKK mini-bar. In other words, you cannot consume these items and replace them by items you purchased from 7-11

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 8, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:52 pm

Thanks for the pics!

The Regency Suite closet will comfortably allow two pieces of luggage.

Old Jan 9, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
How would you guys compare this new HR with GH Erawan?

I have a reservation at GH Erawan (cash rate 4420 THB) in May with confirmed TSU. HR rate is slightly higher. Just curious

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.