Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by synd
Despite what was said, it appeared Sammy is indeed the new GM at this property, according to trip advisor reviews replies.
Interesting. I'd bet at least half those reviews are fake.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 4:34 am

Hotel did open on time

We were able to stay here as scheduled. For a hotel that has only been open for a few days, I think they are doing a tremendous job. I can find out who the GM is if anyone wants to know. If anyone has any other questions, I’d be happy to answer those as well.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:33 am

We're staying up the street at the SGS, but we ate lunch today in the marketplace cafe, thai food.

What I love about the hotel so far is that everything is in Thai first, including the elevator voice, the menu, etc.

Thai food in the 4th floor cafe was very good.

We met the F&B manager also when we popped in last week, Mr Constant Wormser. Really nice guy.

Last edited by LIH Prem; Dec 27, 2018 at 3:40 am
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:49 am

Hotel End of the skywalk construction.

Nana end of the skywalk there is a connector all the way at the Nana end, but a lot needs to be done.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
Originally Posted by synd
Despite what was said, it appeared Sammy is indeed the new GM at this property, according to trip advisor reviews replies.
I am here now and can confirm that the hotel is open and that the General Manager is Sammy Carolus. He seems like a very nice man and was on hand to meet me as my hotel limo approached the hotel. The Director of Rooms, Tenachai Sirimongkol, was also on hand to meet me. He was previsouly at the GH Bangkok. Only half the rooms are open now, and the Regency Club on 27th Floor is not open. They have a temporary club room set-up on the 4th floor down the hallway from the Markey Cafe. Breakfast for Globalist was in the Market Cafe and was very nice. Overall nice hotel and new. WIll post some photos of my suite and a full review later.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 9:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, United IK, AA LifPLT, Hyatt Globalist, IHG PLT AMB, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton G
A few pictures of my suite.

Last edited by SethLevy; Dec 31, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:01 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by SethLevy
Where? :-)
synd likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I am here now and can confirm that the hotel is open and that the General Manager is Sammy Carolus. He seems like a very nice man and was on hand to meet me as my hotel limo approached the hotel.
Wasn't he formerly at HR Hua Hin?

Looks pretty minimalist
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:22 am

I bet Seth had the same problems I had trying to upload images in advanced mode. It wasn't working as expected.

-David
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I bet Seth had the same problems I had trying to upload images in advanced mode. It wasn't working as expected.

-David
Yes - sorry could not figure out how to post the photos - tried several times in advance mode. I will post them on Trip Advisor instead shortly. I note that it was raining in Bangkok today and water poured into the bathroom by the windows, so likely not sealed correctly. Otherwise - stay is going well!
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:31 pm

Seth, I think the upload thing may be working ok now. Can you try again?

Clearly the hard product is still being debugged at the HR. Stay dry! At least it cooled off a bit.

-David
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Originally Posted by Kacee
Wasn't he formerly at HR Hua Hin?
yes he was, was replaced in Hua Hin by Christian Wurm.

Last edited by peteropny; Dec 31, 2018 at 1:55 pm
Old Dec 31, 2018, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
Seth, I think the upload thing may be working ok now. Can you try again?

Clearly the hard product is still being debugged at the HR. Stay dry! At least it cooled off a bit.

-David
I tried again, it will not upload the pictures. Not sure why FT makes it so hard to add photos. In any event, I posted them on TA.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:53 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Did visit yesterday but was not able to see a room because none were available - they are fully booked! Here are some points:

- Currently 110 rooms are ready for occupancy including 10 suites. By the time they are fully operational, they will have a total of 273 rooms including suites. So, essentially, this is a boutique-sorta of property and will not alleviate the demand on the Hyatt brand in Bangkok.
- The 27th floor Regency Club is tentatively scheduled to open in February. Currently, elites and Club rate guests partake breakfast and happy hour offerings and libations on the 4th floor.
- Nana BTS skywalk to the 2nd floor is scheduled to be completed in late January. At that entry point, there will be shops and restaurants that are owned by the developer and not the hotel.
- High ceilings and stunning views of lower Sukhumvit and equally awesome location. The hard product is new and shiny and the place is spanking clean! Small lobby floor public area though.
- I have no problem uploading photos!

Skywalk connection to Nana BTS station

2nd fllor venue for Happy Hour benefit

Restaurant area for breakfast

Well equiped gym

Great views of lower Sukhmvit

Last edited by Kalboz; Jan 8, 2019 at 7:38 am
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:24 am

Temp RC is on the 4th floor, isn't it? Same floor as the Marketplace restaurant with the large show kitchen.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.