Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit in Thailand REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Quite the steal for 8K!
jinrop likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
8000 - wow. I know where I'll be redeeming 100, 000+ points soon.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:04 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by SHLTP
8000 - wow. I know where I'll be redeeming 100, 000+ points soon.
6500 off-peak
ZBigFam likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yosithezet
6500 off-peak
Probably one of the best values in the system.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:57 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I was never going to redeem at 12k but at 8k it's a no brainer if one wants to stay at HR. If we value points at about 2 cpp then it means 4.3k THB pre-tax. HR is usually priced 4.3k-4.7k per night (pre-paid) with the flexible rate being higher.

Last edited by escape4; Feb 12, 2020 at 10:09 pm
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:27 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Depends on the cash rates, but I've definitely seen this property go for up to $200 USD and above on occasion. Great points value when that happens.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Depends on the cash rates, but I've definitely seen this property go for up to $200 USD and above on occasion. Great points value when that happens.
Yes, that said I am assuming that if rates are $200 USD then points redemptions will be "high season" so 9.5k pts not 8k pts although I have no idea how dynamic it will be and how they will define low/normal/high... admittedly I have not read much about it. And if rates drift above 200 USD points redemptions might not be available at all. Regardless, it's good news and it will help HR compete with Athenee at least for me, if considering points redemptions. Athenee rarely works for points, but cash can be attractive.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
And if rates drift above 200 USD points redemptions might not be available at all.
If a base room is available for sale it is supposed to be available for redemption. Apart from Andaz Tokyo, it's pretty unusual to see Asian properties gaming award availability.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
If a base room is available for sale it is supposed to be available for redemption. Apart from Andaz Tokyo, it's pretty unusual to see Asian properties gaming award availability.
Correct I should have mentioned that I rely on what I see on the screen showing all Bangkok properties and the price for each of them. If it's 200+ USD I would guess by clicking through we will find that the room is perhaps one level above entry level and therefore no points. But maybe I am wrong since I never check because if I see 200 USD I don't intend to stay there, but admittedly it's just an assumption on my part. Someone else might be able to confirm that they occasionally have the entry level room at 200+ USD and therefore points available at that price.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by escape4
Correct I should have mentioned that I rely on what I see on the screen showing all Bangkok properties and the price for each of them. If it's 200+ USD I would guess by clicking through we will find that the room is perhaps one level above entry level and therefore no points. But maybe I am wrong since I never check because if I see 200 USD I don't intend to stay there, but admittedly it's just an assumption on my part. Someone else might be able to confirm that they occasionally have the entry level room at 200+ USD and therefore points available at that price.
This property does seem to vary the base rate depending on demand. For random dates in March (6-8) I'm seeing a Member Rate of 5,035 THB, which is very close to $200 US when you include 17% taxes and service fees. They are offering rooms for 12,000 points. Whether the base rate ever goes as high as 6k I don't know.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
This property does seem to vary the base rate depending on demand. For random dates in March (6-8) I'm seeing a Member Rate of 5,035 THB, which is very close to $200 US when you include 17% taxes and service fees. They are offering rooms for 12,000 points. Whether the base rate ever goes as high as 6k I don't know.
I have seen 6k+ THB pre-tax before, but I am unsure if this would have been the entry level room had I wished to book.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:05 am

Would it be worth it to pay 13k points a night for the standard suite?

as compared to 8k a night for a standard room
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:15 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Would it be worth it to pay 13k points a night for the standard suite?

as compared to 8k a night for a standard room
I like the HR suite and find better than the deluxe room. Though the deluxe room is pretty spacious for a hotel room. But generally I'm in a suite 90% of time, paid or upgraded so I do prefer bigger rooms even when on business and traveling alone.

That said, HR good about giving globalists suite upgrades. Just getting harder as popular place now. I'd book the suite for 13, 000
Old Feb 22, 2020, 1:42 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Eh, I think the upgrade should be easy enough thanks to the Coronavirus.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by helvetic
Eh, I think the upgrade should be easy enough thanks to the Coronavirus.
2 one night stays in the last 2 weeks and probably 6 or 7 lifetime stays at this hotel.

NEVER gotten.a suite upgrade

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.