Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:11 pm
Company Representative - Hyatt Regency Boston

Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Housekeeping was also a weak link during my stay. I had a Kit Kat while in the room and left the wrapper on a table in front of the couch. After cleaning, the wrapper was still there. There was no pen or paper in the room (there is a paper holder on the nightstand with no paper and the pen groove was empty). I experienced other housekeeping sloppiness/laziness but you get the idea....
I apologize that your experience with our housekeeping staff was less than satisfactory. This is not typical of our Hyatt standards and we take these comments seriously. Your post has been shared with our housekeeping team and additional training on service standards will be put in place. Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to impressing you on all levels of service during your next visit. Thank you.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport
Stayed for 2 nights during the Labor Day holiday. The staff was very friendly and on the ball. I was given a corner room and it met my needs. The location was ideal for me since Boston Common is only two blocks away.

I have to give kudos to the lady that worked the omelet station on Labor Day morning. She greeted everyone with a warm smile and had such a positive personality. The orders were cooked to specification and she even delivered them to the tables. There was no phony attitude with her and she was having fun.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by ARTG72
Stayed for 2 nights during the Labor Day holiday. The staff was very friendly and on the ball. I was given a corner room and it met my needs. The location was ideal for me since Boston Common is only two blocks away.

I have to give kudos to the lady that worked the omelet station on Labor Day morning. She greeted everyone with a warm smile and had such a positive personality. The orders were cooked to specification and she even delivered them to the tables. There was no phony attitude with her and she was having fun.
Thank you very much for your wonderful comment. Jenny worked the omelet station on Labor Day morning. She is such a pleasure to work with and a wonderful asset to our team. I will be sure to forward your message to Chef Kelly and ensure she is commended for her efforts. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:41 pm

I stayed for two nights on 8/30 and 8/31. I agree housekeeping was not up to standard. Additionally, the hotel and rooms were looking rather "tired" and not up to Hyatt standards. This property is in need of a major renovation similar to what was recently done in SF Grand.

Unlikely I would return to this property during my next trip to Boston.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by PDXTRVLER
I stayed for two nights on 8/30 and 8/31. I agree housekeeping was not up to standard. Additionally, the hotel and rooms were looking rather "tired" and not up to Hyatt standards. This property is in need of a major renovation similar to what was recently done in SF Grand.

Unlikely I would return to this property during my next trip to Boston.
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the housekeeping during your stay. Our goal at Hyatt Regency Boston is to exceed our guests’ expectations and provide a clean and comfortable guest room experience. We hope that you will stay at our hotel again and give us another opportunity to show you that customer service is our priority. Please feel free to contact our director of guest experience at [email protected] regarding your stay.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 1:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Just finished a stay here and have to say it's not a bad Hyatt. Yes the hotel is a little tired and dated and probably needs a renovation but there are some good things about the hotel IMHO

- Everyone I met there was very friendly and happy to help
- Got a nice X39 room with great views
- Breakfast was superb
- For me, a great location for exploring Boston on foot

I will definitely be coming back next time I am in town.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:18 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

What great views are there from this hotel? Maybe high up facing west you can see the Common? The few times I've stayed here, I've not seen anything good from my room.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 2:28 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I had a great view looking out towards the Financial District and towards Quincy Market. The sunrise this morning was amazing - got some nice photos.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:22 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I had a great view looking out towards the Financial District and towards Quincy Market. The sunrise this morning was amazing - got some nice photos.
Gotcha, shows how opinions differ: I'd rate that more a decent rather than a great view compared to, say, seeing the Cologne cathedral across the Rhine, Mt. Fuji, or the Kaua'i coast from your room.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Just a dumb question... as a Diamond, if I book a room for 3 adults at the Hyatt Regency Boston, will I get three free breakfasts at the restaurant? So far that's been the case at other Hyatts but I figured I'd check
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pat+
Just a dumb question... as a Diamond, if I book a room for 3 adults at the Hyatt Regency Boston, will I get three free breakfasts at the restaurant? So far that's been the case at other Hyatts but I figured I'd check
I believe the Diamond benefit is for up to 4 registered guests per room/Diamond member.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Thumbs up great stay from May 08 till 12 despite- slowly finishing-renovations in lobby

Just wanted to update that we had a great stay May 08 till 12 ; contacted the guest services manager before our stay and he managed to block us 2 connecting rooms on floor 18 with nice views ... Good beds and nice amenities in bathroom on arrival ; got smaller bottles( lesser quality?) next days but this is minor detail . Roomcleaning was not spotless as there were some dried out pieces of apple from previous guest but this was small detail , cupboard and drawers were clean and that matters more to me ! Breakfast was every day in a rather dark restaurant as part of the lobby and bar were screened off with tarps to protect from works going on inside the lobby but lady chef freshly making our pancakes and french toast on first 2 mornings was just fantastic in her interactions with guests and the quality of her service^^!! Choices of fresh fruit were a bit limited but ok , only they ran out of anything but melons on the 3-rd morning and despite asking pineapple or anything else nothing came back from the main kitchen , seems they were out of fresh fruit ?
Quality of warm stuff and pastries on buffet was good , yoghurt-portions in glasses was for babyspoons as adults ate it in 3 normal scoops
Had great work out in the pool on 3 days while swimming daily 1 hr without anyone but 1 or 2 other adult guests sharing the pool . Pool is huge with single lane reserved for laps ^ and temp. plus quality of water were exceptional for a hotelpool this size so great experience there too .
Biggest plus for this stay for us were the "can do" attitude of all members of staff we talked to during our stay ; all were very friendly , willing to have a chat and frequently asking if all was ok and excusing for the works going on in the lobby . Seems there will be extra works starting at the streetlevel entrance in a few months to put in a ramp for easier access but set up now is very safe where one takes elevators to lobby level and then crosses lobby to go up to the elevators to room levels making it easy for staff to keep an eye on who goes in and out . One major problem IMHO which should be urgently looked at is the fact that there are no door dampeners which makes it a major problem when inconsiderate guests let their doors SLAM shut at all times of day and night ; strange nobody of management ever noticed this because these doors really close with a bang @:-) .
Contacting this hotel via their website went very easily so good marks for this stay ...
Old Jun 10, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
When are renovations complete?

Hi, anyone know when the renovations will be finished?
Thanks
Old Jun 10, 2012, 4:31 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Originally Posted by weezl
Hi, anyone know when the renovations will be finished?
Thanks

Renovations should be done by the end of June.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Renovations should be done by the end of June.
Good to know. Are they then done with the entire property renovations by June?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.