Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Boston Financial District REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2011, 5:16 pm
Suspended

Diamond here. I understand there is no club...which I prefer since you get a regular breakfast. But, do they do anything in terms of evening drinks/snacks or is it a S.O.L. situation? Thanks.

Oh, and how is the gym?

Any recent thoughts on the above...or otherwise?

Thanks so much.
Old May 4, 2011, 2:31 pm
Company Representative - Hyatt Regency Boston

We do not offer complimentary evening snacks or drinks, however, as you mentioned Diamond members receive full breakfast in Avenue One Restaurant daily. The fitness center is open 24 hours and includes free weights, Lifefitness cardio equipment, medicine balls, etc. We also have a 52' indoor heated pool, steam room and saunas.

If you're planning to visit soon, our Seasonal outdoor dining opens this summer. If you would like pictures or have additional questions, please feel free to e-mail [email protected]

Thank you!
Old May 4, 2011, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hyatt Regency Boston
We do not offer complimentary evening snacks or drinks, however, as you mentioned Diamond members receive full breakfast in Avenue One Restaurant daily. The fitness center is open 24 hours and includes free weights, Lifefitness cardio equipment, medicine balls, etc. We also have a 52' indoor heated pool, steam room and saunas.

If you're planning to visit soon, our Seasonal outdoor dining opens this summer. If you would like pictures or have additional questions, please feel free to e-mail [email protected]

Thank you!
Thank you. Considering the sheer number of Flyertalkers that visit this property, I was surprised that no one followed up. I appreciate your participation.
Old May 4, 2011, 3:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Originally Posted by JFKSFOLAX_friend
Diamond here. I understand there is no club...which I prefer since you get a regular breakfast. But, do they do anything in terms of evening drinks/snacks or is it a S.O.L. situation? Thanks.

Oh, and how is the gym?

Any recent thoughts on the above...or otherwise?

Thanks so much.
I would add to the earlier poster's comments about the service at Avenue One - the waiter (dont remember his name but he was Thai) was just terrific. The gym is okay - the equipment is not bad and it is right next to the pool. I would have liked a window or two looking out to give it a less claustrophobic feel but it was okay, otherwise.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
I would add to the earlier poster's comments about the service at Avenue One - the waiter (dont remember his name but he was Thai) was just terrific. The gym is okay - the equipment is not bad and it is right next to the pool. I would have liked a window or two looking out to give it a less claustrophobic feel but it was okay, otherwise.
Kingsubbu, thank you for your comments. You must be speaking of Withaya in the restaurant. We are very happy to have him as a part of our food and beverage team. I will be sure to pass along your compliment and ensure that he is recognized.
Old May 17, 2011, 2:59 pm
Suspended

I found the service to be very, very good in the restaurant during breakfast. Very attentive. The food quality is another matter, but the service was great.

On back-to-back mornings, I ordered a bagel/lox with a side of scrambled eggs. Both times, the eggs were ice cold and had a bit of a glaze on them. I am 100% certain they were simply taken from the buffet. There is no way they could have been that cold if they were freshly prepared. Both times I had to send the eggs back. Moreover, both times the bagel was barely toasted. The bagel was basically warm bread. So, the bagel had to go back both times, as well.

But, the service itself was great. Water constantly refilled. Same with coffee.
Old May 17, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
I want to add that the lady chef at the waffle/eggs bar is AMAZING!
We were there last December for a week.
And each morning she would remember what we liked and bring it over to us.
She gave us great sightseeing advice too!
Such a wonderful asset to this hotel!
Old May 18, 2011, 1:00 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Kingsubbu, thank you for your comments. You must be speaking of Withaya in the restaurant. We are very happy to have him as a part of our food and beverage team. I will be sure to pass along your compliment and ensure that he is recognized.
Thank you - please pass on my regards (although it would be hard for him to remember me). His service really did make a lasting impression.

Thank you for your participation in flyertalk.
Old May 18, 2011, 8:22 am

I found the service to be very, very good in the restaurant during breakfast. Very attentive. The food quality is another matter, but the service was great.

On back-to-back mornings, I ordered a bagel/lox with a side of scrambled eggs. Both times, the eggs were ice cold and had a bit of a glaze on them. I am 100% certain they were simply taken from the buffet. There is no way they could have been that cold if they were freshly prepared. Both times I had to send the eggs back. Moreover, both times the bagel was barely toasted. The bagel was basically warm bread. So, the bagel had to go back both times, as well.

But, the service itself was great. Water constantly refilled. Same with coffee.
JFSKFOLAX, I'm very happy you were pleased with our customer service; however, I'm sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your breakfast. We definitely strive to provide fresh, hot and delicious meals that you can enjoy. You may be interested to know that Hyatt as a company, recently made steps toward improving animal welfare and food safety by switching all of the2.4 million (whole) eggs it uses in their U.S. restaurants and room service operations to cage-free. Please visit us again and allow us another opportunity to impress you. Safe travels!
Old May 18, 2011, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by frogss29
I want to add that the lady chef at the waffle/eggs bar is AMAZING!
We were there last December for a week.
And each morning she would remember what we liked and bring it over to us.
She gave us great sightseeing advice too!
Such a wonderful asset to this hotel!
Froggs29, I believe that is the lovely Diedra you're speaking about. She receives compliments quite often and it's obvious she enjoys interacting with the guests. Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We will definitely recognize her for your mention. We hope to see you again this December!
Old May 18, 2011, 7:09 pm
wth

Programs: 2011 Air: AA (Plat) UA (Prem); Hotel: HGP (Dia), HH (Dia), KIT (IC); Car: HZ (PC) AF
JFSKFOLAX, I'm very happy you were pleased with our customer service; however, I'm sorry to hear you were less than satisfied with your breakfast. We definitely strive to provide fresh, hot and delicious meals that you can enjoy. You may be interested to know that Hyatt as a company, recently made steps toward improving animal welfare and food safety by switching all of the2.4 million (whole) eggs it uses in their U.S. restaurants and room service operations to cage-free. Please visit us again and allow us another opportunity to impress you. Safe travels!
Cage free is a somewhat useless term. Are the chickens pasture-fed? Chickens are omnivores. Do they roam and eat grubs and worms? If not, they are will have lower Omega-3 fatty acids and the yolks will be less vibrant in color.

And are your omelets and scrambled eggs prepared using fresh eggs (vs. a pasteurized egg product)? If not, don't brag.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: KL, LH, DL, SAS, FI, Marriott, Hilton
Not impressed

First, I should state that I have no status with GP. Stayed here end of May 2011. Signed up for a standby upgrade to Business prior to arrival. Got the upgrade (which I found out at check in) and received a letter upon check in about what this upgrade included. The letter stated that it included among other things a bottle of water, one breakfast daily, internet, local and long distance phone calls, pressing of one shirt or blouse daily. Fair enough. I was really only interested in internet and breakfast. I asked the front desk clerk at check in about internet and she said to order it online then the charges would be removed at checkout.

Well, guess what? I got billed for the 3 days of internet and a 3 minute long distance call, all of which SHOULD have been included in the upgraded plan that I bought. (Yes, I PAID for this upgrade.) When we went to checkout, the clerk informed me about this and I produced the letter to show her. She said she would remove the charges. But then they showed up on my credit card anyway. I called Hyatt Accounting and she said she would reverse the internet and phone charges. (The one breakfast was not included as I had two breakfasts that day - one for me and a guest.)

So it seems that the hotel staff is not versed in what their plans actually include and in reversing charges. I had already paid that upgrade that included all of these things. Check your bill carefully at checkout and followup on your credit card bill after staying here.

On top of that, one of the bellhops basically wrestled my husband's suitcase away from him in the reception during checkout - I guess they're absolutely desperate for tips, or at least that's how it comes across.

Housekeeping wasn't great - noticed an M&M on the floor and it was still there the next day.

I will probably be giving up my GP membership. A thoroughly disappointing experience. I'll go back to Hilton.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Just saw this. Thank you for keeping your eyes on this thread.

Yeah, the service was great. I am just sure that when I ordered a side of scrambled eggs with my bagel that they scooped the eggs from the existing buffet. Both times I sent the eggs back for freshly prepared scrambled eggs.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by gabelle1995
Housekeeping wasn't great - noticed an M&M on the floor and it was still there the next day.
Housekeeping was also a weak link during my stay. I had a Kit Kat while in the room and left the wrapper on a table in front of the couch. After cleaning, the wrapper was still there. There was no pen or paper in the room (there is a paper holder on the nightstand with no paper and the pen groove was empty). I experienced other housekeeping sloppiness/laziness but you get the idea....
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:30 am

Just saw this. Thank you for keeping your eyes on this thread.

Yeah, the service was great. I am just sure that when I ordered a side of scrambled eggs with my bagel that they scooped the eggs from the existing buffet. Both times I sent the eggs back for freshly prepared scrambled eggs.
Thanks again for the feedback. I will definitely follow up with our Food and Beverage Director. I hope when you return to Boston you will consider our hotel. We'd love the opportunity to make a great impact on every part of your stay. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.