Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems getting stays from this property to post lately? From any property? I even mentioned it to the front desk on the last stay but it did not change anything.
I have stayed at this property about 8-10 times in the past year, and I have always had things post promptly and correctly. Even better, the front desk folks have discovered bonus points when I have not anticipated stays and bonus points. Your situation (opinion only) may be more a situation related to the miles than things posting in general.

To echo past posters, this hotel gets Diamonds. ^
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The $69 rate may require manual posting. For some reason it doesn't always appear as a qualifying one at the Hyatt's end.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:01 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by holtju2
The $69 rate may require manual posting. For some reason it doesn't always appear as a qualifying one at the Hyatt's end.
Yes, thank you holtju2, this is another factor that all three stays had in common: all were booked through the 24HR sale $69 rate! Yet another possibility for the problem.

I have several more stays booked at this rate so we will see what happens in the future.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:26 pm

Nov, 2009 stay

Stay here for one night on the $69 rate. At checkin, I asked them to put in the G3 code, no problem. Given a pseuo suite on the 6 floor facing the lobby as a Diamond. Room was nice, newly done. Self park is $15. Diamond full buffet breakfast was on par. Free internet was wired only. Didn't use the pool. Free shuttle every 30 minutes to the Disneyland. No self guest laundry. On checkout, they removed a bogus water charge without my prompting. All in all, pretty good value.
Ahh, stay credit didn't post like everyone else.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I will call after I get back from England to get proper point/stay credit, but I had a recent stay at this property at the $69 rate. I was also told that wired internet was the only free one. My room was almost like a suite (with a poor view) in the South Tower. It had two TVs, a microwave, and a refrigerator.

For some reason, the wiring for the living room TV was connected with the power line for one of the lights. The TV stopped working whenever I turned off the light switch. I think engineering went into my room after I checked out to fix that issue.

Diamond members get a complete breakfast for free (with tip paid by the hotel). They were still handing out old coupons that only state continental breakfast, but they will switch to the new coupons once they get rid of all the old ones. I had to call to get a WSJ delivered, but it arrived 3 minutes after I called.

The breakfast offered at this hotel is the best out of all the domestic Hyatts that I have been to so far. You have to have the front desk deduct the cost of the tip. I was told that there is an issue with their computer system that they hope to correct soon.

I would stay at this property again, provided that I can get a flight out of SNA (the drive to LAX was brutal from this property, although I made a stop in Beverly Hill before going to LAX) or take a late afternoon flight out of LAX. It would stink to have to rush to LAX from this hotel for a 10 am flight.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:14 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Cancelled a $69 ressie I had for tommorow night.
The parking charge brings the real rate up to $84 and always having to chase points makes this no bargain IMO.
Staying at the Sheraton Cerritos instead($79-no charge for parking)nicer room and not as many kids.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The reason for the PACKAGE on the folio is for their computer system automatically to adjust the folio for the Diamond bennies i.e. free internet and the breakfast.

They also went back to the Breakfast vouchers that now include the gratuity for the servers. No need for additional tipping.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Intercontinental Ambassador
Trouble with 24HR rate stay/points posting

Also having trouble getting the stay and points to post under the 24HR rate. I used the "Past Stay Credit Request" function to report the discrepancy, but haven't had any response at all to date.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:42 pm

Was your change / choice made primarely that you value SPG points / promos more than Hyatt ? Otherwise the difference is only $5 ?

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
Cancelled a $69 ressie I had for tommorow night.
The parking charge brings the real rate up to $84 and always having to chase points makes this no bargain IMO.
Staying at the Sheraton Cerritos instead($79-no charge for parking)nicer room and not as many kids.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 1:04 pm

Has anyone else had a problem getting stay credit for 24HR rate? We're booked for December $79, costco rate's only a few $ more. May switch if there's a problem. AAA rate is a bit less but we're not members.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by best
Was your change / choice made primarely that you value SPG points / promos more than Hyatt ? Otherwise the difference is only $5 ?
No.
The Sheraton Cerritos is a newer property.They almost always give me a suite.Free internet(wired and wireless)and full breakfast buffet for plats on weekends.
Nicer rooms.Nicer location(though not if Disneyland is your destination)
Fewer kids
And I do not have to chase the points/stay credit.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
The Sheraton Cerritos is a newer property.They almost always give me a suite.Free internet(wired and wireless)and full breakfast buffet for plats on weekends.

Nicer rooms.Nicer location(though not if Disneyland is your destination)
Fewer kids

And I do not have to chase the points/stay credit.
The new suites at the HR OC are quite nice as well. I have never stayed at a non suite room at the HR OC. The internet is free at the HR OC per GP changes earlier in the year.

The breakfast buffet at the Sheraton Cerritos is so so. I much prefer ordering whatever I want from the menu at the HR OC.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 4:38 pm

I am 1 for 3 on suites at the HR OC=the suite I received on my stay in December was a "family suite"with a kids play area and bunk beds in the second room!I did not bother switching since I was there for less than 8 hours before catching a flight out of LGB.
I had to chase the points/stay on that stay also-as I did on the stay before that.
My friends staying in the hotel did pay to upgrade to a two bedroom suite-nic but weird layout as the second bedroom was divided from the living area by a glass wall wilh a drop down shade.Never seen anything like that before-we had a lot of fun with it
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Upon checkout the other day I mentioned to FD about the 24HR rate not getting any stay credit or points do to the fact is was billed as PKG rate.

I let them know many friends experienced the same problem.

FD changed my reservation to read rack rate,but only billed the $69+ rate.

All posted perfect 2 days latter including G3 and 1W
Old Nov 9, 2009, 12:14 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Upon checkout the other day I mentioned to FD about the 24HR rate not getting any stay credit or points do to the fact is was billed as PKG rate.

I let them know many friends experienced the same problem.

FD changed my reservation to read rack rate,but only billed the $69+ rate.

All posted perfect 2 days latter including G3 and 1W
Where do you find this $69+ rate?

Just stayed at this property Saturday night for $79.20+ Limited Time rate (review will follow). Today, 384 points posted (442 + 58 plat bonus) but the G3 points aren't there. Upon check-in the FD told me that it was a great rate especially with the G3 offer on the reservation ... so they are aware of it as it showed on their system ... but when will the Gx points post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.