FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:53 pm
VA1379

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I will call after I get back from England to get proper point/stay credit, but I had a recent stay at this property at the $69 rate. I was also told that wired internet was the only free one. My room was almost like a suite (with a poor view) in the South Tower. It had two TVs, a microwave, and a refrigerator.

For some reason, the wiring for the living room TV was connected with the power line for one of the lights. The TV stopped working whenever I turned off the light switch. I think engineering went into my room after I checked out to fix that issue.

Diamond members get a complete breakfast for free (with tip paid by the hotel). They were still handing out old coupons that only state continental breakfast, but they will switch to the new coupons once they get rid of all the old ones. I had to call to get a WSJ delivered, but it arrived 3 minutes after I called.

The breakfast offered at this hotel is the best out of all the domestic Hyatts that I have been to so far. You have to have the front desk deduct the cost of the tip. I was told that there is an issue with their computer system that they hope to correct soon.

I would stay at this property again, provided that I can get a flight out of SNA (the drive to LAX was brutal from this property, although I made a stop in Beverly Hill before going to LAX) or take a late afternoon flight out of LAX. It would stink to have to rush to LAX from this hotel for a 10 am flight.