Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
Stayed here over the holidays. It was packed...one or two bands for the Rose Parade stayed there too. Booked three rooms, and rec'd south tower rooms as requested. One room wasn't ready until 4:30pm and front desk agent on his own offered $100 credit. Shuttle passes to DL for three rooms were given when I asked for it. Globalist breakfast was provided for all 3 rooms, and all related charges incl tip were removed. All in all, a good stay.
Wow, that sounds like an amazing FDA! We got in at 2:30pm and waited until 4:15pm with no offer of a credit or even shuttle passes. Could be that you had 3 rooms booked which helped, though I had a room for myself and a GoH who checked in at the same time with us.

Wondering did you book your rooms as a Category 3 or after the change to a Category 4? I booked both of our rooms under the Category 3 rate for a late December stay just before the Category change.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zoneflyer
Question for Disneyland goers. I have an upcoming one night stay here using Cat 1-4 cert and visiting Disney on the check out day, am I able to park my car here for the day (past 4pm check out time) and use the free shuttle service while coming back to pick up the car around 6-7pm post checking out thru the app? Trying to save the $35 parking at Disney.
Reached out to the hotel and they responded as long as I kept the key card it should work on exiting the parking lot even after checking out. Let’s see.
gadberry likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Wondering did you book your rooms as a Category 3 or after the change to a Category 4? I booked both of our rooms under the Category 3 rate for a late December stay just before the Category change.
Only one room on points; booked as a Cat 4 72k points for 4 nights.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:18 pm

Only one room on points; booked as a Cat 4 72k points for 4 nights.
18k a night??? Wow that’s crazy! I stayed just before Christmas and paid 9k a night.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
18k a night??? Wow that’s crazy! I stayed just before Christmas and paid 9k a night.
Yep, had to double check.

Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:02 am

Yep, had to double check.

Yeah, that’s just crazy. I’m thinking this hotel was only boosted to Cat 4 due to inflated 2022 rates and will fall back to a Cat 3 this year. Costing as much as Manchester Grand Hyatt for Hyatt Regency Orange County is just unbelievable. Also weird that all 4 days were peak too. I moved to another Hyatt in the LA area for your same stay dates and 3/4 of the days off peak the other day was Standard none of the days were Peak.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AS MVP Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
One night stay over the MLK weekend to visit Disney. Originally booked King Bed Deluxe using Cat 4 cert, hotel was completely sold out and was charging $299 for standard room. Upgraded to one bed suite on the north tower, was preferring remodeled room but took it anyway. Dated room but everything works. Breakfast was mediocre and forgettable, you can do both buffet or menu ordering. Front desk gave us complimentary shuttle passes but mentioned they will be charging for everyone soon. They happily agreed to extend parking post check out on the same day, just need to keep the keycard and have front desk recode to exit the parking lot after 4pm.
gadberry likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 1:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP
Mixed review

So we usually stay at Hyatt House in Anaheim for Disney trips but figured we’d give HR Orange County a try. We were on a paid rate for two nights 1/19-1/21, and it rained most of the weekend so Disneyland was less crowded. We were there to ride Haunted Mansion before it closed for refurbishment, my son is obsessed with that ride.

The lobby and atrium is impressive but weird and dated. I guess it’s supposed to mimic an outdoor promenade. Parking was $28 night and if you self park, unload your luggage first since they won’t let guests use the luggage carts by themselves, only bellman will load and bring them up to the room for you.

we were upgraded as globalist to my requested room, the kids bunk suite. It was in the north tower, and I thought the room was great. The kids room had a tv, full sized lower bunk and twin upper bunk with high railings. The kids loved watching bluey and eating snacks and playing in their own space. The king bed in the main room was very comfortable, and the room also had coffeemaker, mini fridge and microwave. Bathroom was dated but it didn’t bother me, though the shower would randomly turn cold.

pros: kids suite great for families. Nice hot tub and pool area. Kids arcade downstairs. Cotton candy machine in lobby. Gelato bar and cafe open late.

cons: the pipes in this hotel are old! The hvac either blasted cold air or hot air if you moved it just one degree. The shower would run hot then suddenly cold without warning. The shuttle is $6 per person and didn’t run as often as I liked. We tried to order dinner at OC Brewhouse but it was packed with people who were attending a conference and the servers told us that food would take an hour.

Globalist breakfast at Tusca was buffet only, no other option. Also you got coffee or juice, not both. I found the buffet similar to qualify to Hyatt House breakfast.

Weird interaction with the cashier at the gelato bar/to go cafe. My husband got a beer and charged to the room under my name, no problem. When I came five minutes later and tried to get a beer, she told me she always carded everyone so I needed to have my id. So I schlep back upstairs to get it. When I sign for it, she realized that the previous customer she didn’t card was in my party and started rambling on about what a beautiful last name I had. Anyway. She caused a midlife crisis in my husband since she carded me, but not him, especially since I’m older than him.

tldr: the kids had a good stay, I liked the room and having separate space. But it was annoying g to drive to Disney and while I don’t mind dated decor, old pipes when taking a shower or adjusting temperature is uncomftable. The hotel mostly catered to conference goers instead of Disney park goers. We’ll stick to Hyatt House next time where we can walk to the front gate entrance.

King bed

Kids bunk suite

Bathroom

Bathroom, this shower was terrible. Ran hot then freezing cold without warning

Tv, mini fridge and microwave

Main room

Hallway

North tower pool

My girl with her cotton candy from the machine in the lobby

Last edited by flyingcupcake; Jan 23, 2024 at 8:51 am Reason: Typo
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, Frontier 100K
Second guesting

Hi folks! I'm trying to see if I can second guest my parents for their booking here (I'm Globalist). Has anyone had any issues with this in the past? I've added my parents onto the reservation directly, so wondering if there could be any problems/if anyone has had any negative experiences.

Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:35 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just finished a one night stay using a cat 4 cert. Originally booked the king room in the renovated tower as a Glob.

There was a dance competition in the hotel that weekend, which meant it was a full house. Was upgraded to 1 king suite in the north tower (old rooms), which we haven't been upgraded since we first started staying at Hyatts in 2021 as Disc.
I thought I preferred the renovated rooms, but with our 1yo we really appreciated the extra space in the suite. Yes, the interior was dated and clearly worn, but everything was clean and functional. The bathrooms are massive when compared to the renovated rooms, which are tiny and a pet peeve of mine. A lot of people rave about the GH SD, and I find their base rooms on par with the old suites here.

We checked in early (~9am) since we were headed to DL, FDA offered free shuttle passes for the day, which was much appreciated. FDA said I would receive a text when room was ready, which turned out to be just past 4pm. Again, full hotel, but this is the second time this has happened to me. On my last two stays to be exact. Not sure if they're just always busy now but its tough to get early check-in here.

We had some snacks before bed at OC Brewhouse. I noticed the menu was much smaller than last time I was here (Nov '23). I missed the bao buns and flatbread pizzas. However, the bar made a killer margarita. I figure this is their low season and they reduce the menu significantly as a result.

Breakfast was a typical buffet. We were able to get both juice and coffee as the servers come around with carafes of both. I noticed the made to order egg station, which I did not use. I also did not try to order from the a la carte menu as we are ok with a quick breakfast.
I found their scrambled eggs to be acceptable, and really liked their breakfast sausage.

FDAs were well versed on Glob benefits, and I will continue to return here as DL basecamp.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
I am staying here once a month now, 3 nights per stay, and quite satisfied with the hotel. Nothing much to add to all the posts in the thread.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
I am staying here once a month now, 3 nights per stay, and quite satisfied with the hotel. Nothing much to add to all the posts in the thread.
I’d have to assume you’re on a corporate rate as 45k to stay here 3 nights is quite excessive. We stayed in December for 2 nights for 18k and that seemed to be a good price point for what you get.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Can anyone confirm whether Globalists really only get buffet now with no a-la-carte option? The solid breakfast is the main reason I stay here over HH.

I see they continue to be all over the place with shuttle vouchers. Last time I asked at FD they went and talked to the shift manager for like 3 minutes and begrudgingly gave me passes and said they don't normally do that. Even though they have for me in the past, and others here continue to seem to get offered them proactively. I've stayed here 4 times as a Globalist and they continue to be wonky on this subject -- one time refuting that they've ever done so, both at FD and when I contacted the VIP relations manager who had emailed me before arrival.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Lomic
Can anyone confirm whether Globalists really only get buffet now with no a-la-carte option? The solid breakfast is the main reason I stay here over HH.

I see they continue to be all over the place with shuttle vouchers. Last time I asked at FD they went and talked to the shift manager for like 3 minutes and begrudgingly gave me passes and said they don't normally do that. Even though they have for me in the past, and others here continue to seem to get offered them proactively. I've stayed here 4 times as a Globalist and they continue to be wonky on this subject -- one time refuting that they've ever done so, both at FD and when I contacted the VIP relations manager who had emailed me before arrival.
Globalists can order a la crate or help themselves to the buffet, or even do both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.