Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 5:16 pm

Just an FYI, the parking is now $24/nt and its the same cost for valet as it is for self parking. Might be because a mega church has moved into an ex-dinner theater down the road, and they run a shuttle that uses the Hyatt's parking lot.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Had a recent two-night stay here over the weekend while attending the Angels/Dodgers series in Anaheim.

Good Diamond recognition at the front desk upon checkin - upgraded to a small King suite (very nice) and received a letter from the GM, which was a nice touch.

The room was similar to a Hyatt Place layout but with a closing door to separate the bedroom from the living room (with couch). There was an automated shade to cover the glass window between the rooms for privacy. Would be good for kids. Standard tub/shower combo which I dislike. Subpar water pressure and shower head. Everything else about the room ok.

Breakfast at TusCA was ok. $24 for buffet each day (obv. free with Diamond benefit). Omelette station, cheese, fruit, two kinds of sausage, bacon, frittatas, pastries, etc. A decent spread, but I wish there would have been salmon/lox.

Location: in the middle of nowhere (a.k.a. Anaheim/Garden Grove). Lots of chain restaurants around and not much else. A Target across the street. Pretty far from Disney, but they apparently had shuttles. If I wasn't there for the Angels games (and the stadium is a serious hike from the HR OC, most people wouldn't walk that far), there would be no reason whatsoever to stay there.

Overall a standard and quite enjoyable stay. Diamond treatment is great at this property as others have recognized. If you need to be in suburban-wasteland Orange County for some reason, this is a great place to stay.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Did a one night stay at the property last night. Diamond recognition at the front desk, took the points as a welcome amenity. Got a crummy room, 16th floor right next to the elevators. Loud people in the hallways at 4am, had to call security twice. Breakfast was ok at Tusca, decent enough buffet with a handful of options. Overall a meh experience, probably tough weekend due to the amount of tourists in town for the 60th bday of Disneyland.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Stayed at this hotel on the 30th August as I had received an email from hyatt GP saying my points would expire in March

Being from the UK there is less hyatts to choose from so I decided to spend one night here before going to Disneyland

Check in was quick and the agent thanked my for being a GP member and I had booked an Executive king room. The room was on the 2nd top floor and looked into the atrium . The room was fine, well appointed and quiet.

Starbucks was good. The pool in the south tower was busy and had no towels when I was down.

There is an Outback restaurant just by the hotel where I went for dinner and a Target across the road where I went to stock up on water and soda to take to disney.

The fitness centre is fine

Breakfast as mentioned above is $24 and was good ( I liked the orange juice)

The other swimming pool is a little bit larger and was quiet in the morning.

There is a desk selling Disney tickets and a gift shop.

Overall it was a good overnight stay.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:12 pm

Exceptional experience - from 10 days ago!

As background, I am a Diamond member who lives in Los Angeles (about 45 minutes from the hotel), but I was looking to spend two days at Disneyland with my wife and 2 year old daughter, and we decided to make a one night staycation out of it.

Executive summary: the experience was exceptional - and as a Diamond with Disneyland annual passes, we plan to DEFINITELY return again.

The warm welcome started well before checkin with an email from Keyonna, who made it clear that she valued our business. She was super responsive over email. In fact, she even emailed me while I was on property to make sure things were going well for us during our stay. Entirely unnecessary but totally appreciated.

I actually arrived to the hotel around 10 am, and I was greeted by Art at the front desk. He was friendly and able to check me into my room - which was upgraded in advance from a standard king into a two bedroom king suite, almost certainly because I am a Diamond. And to hammer that fact home, Matt (a front office manager) even came out to introduce himself and personally welcome me to the hotel. What a wonderful way to start a vacation!

Now, our suite was in the North tower, and it was certainly clean and well maintained. Admittedly, one of the bedrooms was a little close to the elevators, so you could hear those sounds off/on but we could live with it for sure. For breakfast the next day, we all enjoyed the extensive buffet in the restaurant. Pretty good spread and nothing but great service from our waitress (Melody). As others have mentioned, it is free for Diamonds.

Honestly, it seemed like every employee we met at the hotel was genuinely happy to not only be there but also help you. Just impressive. Again, one might expect this kind of hospitality at a major hotel in a major city... but who would have expected this at the Hyatt in Garden Grove?

Either way, on that note, and my only real complaint about the property is the pretty steep self parking charges where there's no "real" reason for it (i.e., unlike SF/NY where land is scarce.) It runs around $24/night, and they said they couldn't comp it for me. So I simply followed the advice earlier in the thread and parked on Chapman just west of the hotel. For what it's worth, my free spot was basically the same distance as the worst possible spot in their paid lot (i.e., not far at all from the hotel).

FYI, for those going to Disneyland, the hotel's nonstop shuttle to/from Disneyland is punctual - and it will save you the cost/headache of parking at Disneyland. Leaves to Disneyland every 30 minutes (on the :15 and :45), and leaves from Disneyland every 30 minutes as well (on the :00 and :30). The ride takes about 10 to 15 minutes, and it's convenient for sure. Not really equipped to carry large strollers on board though, so you may want to bring an umbrella stroller if any.

That's all for now. Can't wait to return in the new year!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Great Burger!

Just a little note-The OC Brewhouse serves a great burger and a very good tortilla soup! Not cheap but worth the price
Old Mar 26, 2016, 3:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
Good afternoon,

Yes you get the breakfast vouchers as a Diamond at the Hyatt Regency Orange County. Per T&C's In Hyatt hotels that do not have a Regency Club or Grand Club lounge, daily complimentary full breakfast (tax and gratuity included) will be provided to the member and each guest registered in the room, maximum four (4) people. Hope this helps.

Have a great weekend,

Brock S.
Some of the suites are rated for 5-6 people. In those cases, if you're diamond, will they give vouchers for the entire party?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by DaveH
Some of the suites are rated for 5-6 people. In those cases, if you're diamond, will they give vouchers for the entire party?
The max is 4 even though the suite accommodate more.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Just wonder, for Diamonds, even there isn't a lounge, will there be free drinks and snacks for the afternoon or early evening? Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:16 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Not in my experience. Great restaurant breakfast however, one of the best in the USA.
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
Just wonder, for Diamonds, even there isn't a lounge, will there be free drinks and snacks for the afternoon or early evening? Thanks
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
Originally Posted by NttDocomo
No
Old Apr 16, 2016, 3:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Not in my experience. Great restaurant breakfast however, one of the best in the USA.
Really? The breakfast is pretty standard American fare, nothing to write home about.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Really? The breakfast is pretty standard American fare, nothing to write home about.
Agreed.

Now, if he was talking about the Andaz Maui breakfast, then I would say it was THE BEST.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 12:55 pm

upgrade to 2 bedroom suite on points

We just completed a stay here and it was a great experience. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite on the 17th floor. I wish they allowed us to go on the balcony, but they locked the sliders. The breakfast was great and it's not too far from Disneyland so we walked from the hotel. Great free stay.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 12:15 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
We just had one of our best stays ever ... really!

We booked 3 nights and were upgraded at check-in by Gabby to a family suite that contains two rooms - one with bunk beds for kids. Chose the points for Diamond gift, but also got a personalized autographed photo with Disney characters. Manager Keyonna was always in the lobby welcoming travelers and treating their children to cookies and cold beverages. Manager Jordan was also there (even on Sunday - Father's Day!!!) assisting guests. After 2 nights, we requested further upgrade and, to our delight, were upgraded further to the Presidential Suite. WOW WOW WOW!!! This suite is amazing with everything you need: Huge TV in the living area with surround sound, bistro-styled dining area, whirlpool in the master bedroom, 23-inch (or bigger) desktop Apple computer terminal with printer, stereo system. Full kitchen with Nespresso machine, fancy coffee machine, wine fridge in addition to a regular fridge, microwave oven, plates & utensils, and coffee supplies, and 4 beers in the fridge that we did not touch!

The breakfast is amazing as usual with egg-station, full buffet, and awesome service by Mario, Laila, and others. Two polls, one at either side of the facility and daily programs with various activities for the kids. Disneyland is walking distance but there is also a shuttle bus from the hotel to the park. This property is really amazing and the way they treat their elites shows! Really amazing treatment and genuine care since day one with NO nickle & diming as found in other properties. Even the valet attendants who technically don't work for Hyatt were super hospitable.

This property has become our favorite Hyatt (an easy decision) and, upgrades or not, we are definitely going back For more photos, check out this album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz...57623143640530
LIH Prem and relidtm like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.