FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 8, 2024, 2:35 pm
kevinjm

Just finished a one night stay using a cat 4 cert. Originally booked the king room in the renovated tower as a Glob.

There was a dance competition in the hotel that weekend, which meant it was a full house. Was upgraded to 1 king suite in the north tower (old rooms), which we haven't been upgraded since we first started staying at Hyatts in 2021 as Disc.
I thought I preferred the renovated rooms, but with our 1yo we really appreciated the extra space in the suite. Yes, the interior was dated and clearly worn, but everything was clean and functional. The bathrooms are massive when compared to the renovated rooms, which are tiny and a pet peeve of mine. A lot of people rave about the GH SD, and I find their base rooms on par with the old suites here.

We checked in early (~9am) since we were headed to DL, FDA offered free shuttle passes for the day, which was much appreciated. FDA said I would receive a text when room was ready, which turned out to be just past 4pm. Again, full hotel, but this is the second time this has happened to me. On my last two stays to be exact. Not sure if they're just always busy now but its tough to get early check-in here.

We had some snacks before bed at OC Brewhouse. I noticed the menu was much smaller than last time I was here (Nov '23). I missed the bao buns and flatbread pizzas. However, the bar made a killer margarita. I figure this is their low season and they reduce the menu significantly as a result.

Breakfast was a typical buffet. We were able to get both juice and coffee as the servers come around with carafes of both. I noticed the made to order egg station, which I did not use. I also did not try to order from the a la carte menu as we are ok with a quick breakfast.
I found their scrambled eggs to be acceptable, and really liked their breakfast sausage.

FDAs were well versed on Glob benefits, and I will continue to return here as DL basecamp.