Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I stayed here a few times last year and for the price ($59-79) per night it was quite worth it, however this fall I am not finding anything for this property less than $100+ bucks and to me it is not worth that price. Maybe it is if you are taking your kids to Disney but otherwise to me, its overpriced. I've gotten suites consistantly, but found it extremely noisy. I'm just looking for inexpensive properties to get FFN MC credits.. I will say on their behalf though, that they have taken care of any issue I've ever had timely and to my satisfaction and that they do deliver on what they promise.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 9:18 am
Suspended

But where do you find a Hyatt in the greater LAX area on a weekday below $ 100 .

Not even on weekends the classic cheaper properties ( Valencia, Thousand Oaks ) drop below $ 100 consistently anymore...and the Regency DT is gone.

Just returned from breakfast, which was also vastly improved.

Miso soup was a nice touch as well as the smoothie.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 7:21 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I was there very recently on a not-cheap weeekend night (about $140). 1-800-check-in had apparently put me in a suite in the south tower, but when I asked on arrival for the north one, they said they had no real suites available in the north one, but gave me something they said was the size of a suite but one room. It had a HUGE conference table (which actually came in handy, as I was working and had about six different piles of papers), asitting area separated by drawers/large flat-screen TV from bed. I rather liked it, though I think the room would have felt even more strange had I not had so much work to spread on the table. Staff (except for concierge desk) was very sweet.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 9:47 pm

The staff at this hotel are outstanding. I have had 4 stays since June and got upgraded to a suite every time including a priceline stay on a holiday weekend. They even gave me 4 certs for the breakfast buffet on my PL stay. Every employee I came in contact with went out of there way to meet my requests. ^

Last edited by bbbb; Oct 6, 2005 at 9:52 pm
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, WN CP & A-List +, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold,
Originally Posted by bbbb
The staff at this hotel are outstanding. I have had 4 stays since June and got upgraded to a suite every time including a priceline stay on a holiday weekend. They even gave me 4 certs for the breakfast buffet on my PL stay. Every employee I came in contact with went out of there way to meet my requests. ^
We've stayed here several times in the past couple years, including 3 trips to Disney with the little ones. Our experience is similar to bbbb's. Pretty much everyone that we dealt with was great on all our trips.

Our little ones associate that Hyatt, and those white buses as being part of Disney.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 11:01 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Humorous stay so far!

We showed up last night and they didn't have our booking, not at all. I had a printed confirmation and without it I think it would have been a challenge -- they took the rate, stay length, everything from it. As we showed up late, maybe room choice was more limited. We ended up in a suite on the second floor (room 261) that clearly was intended more as a conference room with a bedroom appended than anything else.

First time I've stayed in a hotel suite where the sitting room had a largish sign stating "maximum occupancy 52!" The living room TV had a luxury hifi system -- from the 70s. I particularly liked the dual cassette tape players, too bad I left my 8 track collection behind!

The wifi was too weak to work in much of the room but eventually through a major intercession with their provider, they got decent wired service up. We had a whole bunch of people streaming in and out and eventually got extra towels, diamond amenity, cruddy florescents replaced with 100w bulbs, etc. Still as we appear to have the only occupied room on this level made up primarily of meeting rooms, I'm going to call to remind them to clean the room!

Through it all, everyone stayed in good humor and was willing to help. Nonetheless, it's a bit of a weird experience so far, I must say. Hey, there are two of us staying here, don't suppose there are 50 other FTers nearby who want to check out my room (wouldn't want to exceed the posted capacity)?
Old Aug 25, 2007, 12:43 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let me summarize my experience after 3 nights stay. This is a family hotel in a mass market resort area. Service is friendly and good-natured in a bumbling, incompetent sort of way. The "fine dining" facility appears to be an Italian restaurant in the back of the hotel, but on weekend nights it is more of a nightclub than restaurant, complete with mounted Anaheim police watching over it. If you ask to speak to the GM, I doubt you would ever reach him or her. But if you come to this hotel with expectations appropriate to its level, price, and location, you will likely get what you expect.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 12:59 am

Spent 3 nights there 2 weeks ago using extended FFN for families annual Disney trip. Was upgraded to a King Suite in the North Tower (as they do for us every year), and received breakfast coupons for all 4 of us (2 adults, 5 and 7 year old kids) - continental buffet at resturant - includes tip (upgradeable to hot buffet for $5 for adults ... though the waiter remembered us from prior years, and said "don't worry about it" for upgrade charge)
Old Mar 15, 2008, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton/Marriott Gold
Anyone know where Hyatt tends to put large convention groups? I'll be there in May for National Academic Decathlon (likely 200+ rooms) and I'm curious if we'll wind up in "nice" rooms or get the bottom of the barrel.

Also, will I get gold points? We'll be paying the convention rate of $139/night...
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by richee
Spent 3 nights there 2 weeks ago using extended FFN for families annual Disney trip. Was upgraded to a King Suite in the North Tower (as they do for us every year), and received breakfast coupons for all 4 of us (2 adults, 5 and 7 year old kids) - continental buffet at resturant - includes tip (upgradeable to hot buffet for $5 for adults ... though the waiter remembered us from prior years, and said "don't worry about it" for upgrade charge)
Checking out today after three nights and my stay was just as richee. Got the upgrade to a king suite without having to ask and no problem getting breakfast certs for the four of us. Everyone at this hotel goes out of their way to take care of the guests. I just wist all Hyatts were this good.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
I stayed here a lot not because it is the best Hyatt but because it was typically the best price. One year I stayed here for like over 100 nights. My final stay happened when I elected to have the deluxe continental breakfast one morning. Typically I am underwhelmed by the breakfast anyway but the waiter kindly offered us juice and such. At the end of the meal I found out that juice is not included in the price of the continental and we were charged like $4-5 per glass. I was livid! I guess the definition of continental is just coffee and rolls/pastries. The waiter felt bad because he had been told by management not to say anything about the change in policy if someone elected to have juice using their diamond vouchers. He encouraged us to a complain to management but I proudly never returned to the property again but that was at least two years ago.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by westcoastman
...... At the end of the meal I found out that juice is not included in the price of the continental and we were charged like $4-5 per glass. I was livid! .....
Same thing happened to us last February - charged ~$4 per glass of OJ with our buffet breakfast. No mention it was not included until we received a bill for it. Our memory was that the juice was included in previous years, and we did let management know we weren't happy about the change.

This year, when we were asked if we wanted juice at breakfast, we explicitly asked if it was included in the buffet or if it was extra. This year, it's back to being included in the buffet.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 12:46 pm
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I stayed here for one night. As a Diamond, I was given a suite in the North Tower that looked into the atrium. The room was ok--not bad, but not great. The thing that I thought was a bit tacky was the overhead fluourescent lighting in the living area.

Breakfast was fine. The free Diamond breakfast was for cold items, but for $5 you can upgrade to include the hot items. I didn't order orange juice, but the waiter made a point to tell me that it was included in the voucher (maybe people have complained in the past?).

Self-parking was $15.

Overall, the stay was pretty run-of-the-mill. Nothing extraordinary and nothing terrible.
Old Sep 15, 2008, 10:44 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Just completed a stay at this property while attending a conference held on site. As a new Hyatt guest I didn't know what to expect. Booked a 1 BR suite and was allocated one in the North Tower (I guess all suites are in the north tower??) with a view into the Atrium. Room was very well sound-proofed as no noise from the Atrium bled into the room.

I was quite surprised that the staff were very friendly and the service levels were quite high.

Even better, the points posted 24hrs after check-out including the G3 bonus. All in all, a very pleasant stay.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 3:05 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I just stayed at this Hyatt property for one night on Saturday (9/20). I got a pretty decent AAA rate for a King bed room ($93). There is a great offer for AAA members right now for a free breakfast (full buffet, offer code BREAKF), which is good since I currently have no status with Hyatt GP (faxed status match request last week).

The check-in was easy, no line and friendly staff. I had to show my Auto Club card, which I was not expecting being an HHonors Diamond (they never ask since your membership # is on the reservation). Fortunately I always carry it with me. The room was very nice, I had a room on the eighth floor (#817) all the way at the end (at least the hallways aren't that long). No atrium view for me, mine had a nice view over the pool with Harbor Blvd. in the background (good view of the Target across the street). It was a large room and had a sleeper sofa which I didn't need but it was nice to know it was available. I got a call shortly after check-in to see how I liked the room.

Breakfast was very good, it was Sunday so we got the Sunday brunch buffet with our free breakfast voucher. Good omelettes (freshly made to order), good pastry selection and nice selection of fresh fruit as well.

There were postcards on the front desk with a "thank you for visiting" message and an offer for a return visit:

Stay with us this September or October, 2008 and receive your choice of one of the following:

*Complimentary Self-Parking (usually $15)
*$15.00 Food & Beverage Credit
*Free Suite Upgrade (based on availability)

Offer code: OCYBK

This code also works with AAA rates (although not in conjunction with the free breakfast code). I already booked a couple nights for October. Since I will hopefully be HGP Diamond soon, the free parking will be a nice bonus.

Last edited by JonathanIT; Sep 22, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.