Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2008, 7:42 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
I thought I would post an update on this property since my last stay. I just stayed there for two nights last weekend (10/3 and 10/5, @ Sheraton GG on Saturday )

Well, this was my fist visit as a Hyatt Diamond, and it was great! (my status match came in 6 days after I faxed).

The combination of the Diamond status works very well with the offer code mentioned above (Offer code: OCYBK), as explained below.

I reserved a king bedroom online with the AAA rate ($93-$108) and welcome back code. Upon check-in, the staff member told me I had been upgraded to a king suite because I was Hyatt Diamond. I knew the offer code gave a choice of three amenities and frankly had not decided whether I was going to use it for the upgrade or parking... but I simply said "Great!" and went with it.

Check-in was very fast and she gave me a voucher for the continental breakfast buffet as a Diamond member (the AAA BREAKF code gives a similar voucher but for the full buffet).

The suite in the North Tower was nice. Not extremely large but a good size living room with a sleeper sofa, chair and coffee table sitting area, desk, and corner TV cabinet which also contained a mini fridge (empty) and the ice bucket and glasses. There were two bottles of water with the "$5 hang tags" on them.

The bedroom was through large double doors (glass with sheer curtains) and had a king bed, and large armoire/TV cabinet. I would describe the size as "cozy". This suite was on the third floor so the view of the lobby was quite close! It seemed even closer from the lobby looking up! I think you would definitely want to keep the curtains drawn for privacy in the bedroom, as the glass windows are floor-to-ceiling, especially on the lower floors.

The continental buffet can be upgraded to the full buffet for $7/person on Sunday and $5/person Mon.-Sat. The "Sunday Brunch" includes a very nice omlette station and made to order waffles. Great buffet with better than average fruit and pastry selections (as I mentioned above).

When I checked-out, I was pleasantly surprised that the offer code was automatically applied to the $15/day parking fee! It did not show up on my folio at all. Therefore the room upgrade was indeed a Diamond perk, as well as the continental breakfast. I had the exact same experience on the Sunday night stay as well (with a suite on the 9th floor). Overall, I think it is an excellent deal on this hotel!

Unfortunately, the "welcome back" offer code is only good through October. On the other hand I was very lucky to make a new friend last weekend during Gay Days, so I have another stay reserved for Saturday night this weekend.

So I will at least get one more stay out of it. ^
Old Oct 11, 2008, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
My personal preference is the Conference King. I doubt that you can find another FT member who has more paid nights at this property than I over the years.
Old Dec 6, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Stayed here last week-for six hours before an early am flight out of LGB
upgraded to a "kids"suite
i did not mind as it was a short stay and the bed was super comfy for my 5 hour nap
Nice hotel and much nicer than many of the socal hyatts.
Old Dec 8, 2008, 12:47 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
My personal preference is the Conference King. I doubt that you can find another FT member who has more paid nights at this property than I over the years.
I think I was close to #1 at this property back in 2004. I stayed at Hyatts in the O.C. area over 300 nights that year. Someone at 1-800-Checkin somehow knew I was high on the list.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:58 pm

Staying here for the upcoming Labor Day Weekend. 3 nights We have the 2 bedroom King Suite. Anyone stayed in this before? Comments?

Anyone stayed here in a while?

Do they have a regency club? It doesnt appear that way but I thought i'd ask.

Also, we're newly diamond status. Do we get complimentary breakfast here?

Thanks,
Kyle
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:52 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
We were there last week in a 2 bedroom Queen Suite. Lots of space but room need to be updated. Having 2 bathrooms is a real plus. They are in the middle of a remodel in the North Tower where all of the suites are. 3 floors are closed. The noise was not bad at all. No club but you get a full breakfast in the restaurant (except for the gratuity). They are very nice at this hotel and seem to be Very accomadating to Diamond members. Overall, we really like this property.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:09 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
. . . They are very nice at this hotel and seem to be Very accomadating to Diamond members. Overall, we really like this property.
I agree. I had a weekend night stay here a few weeks ago. As Diamond, I was upgraded to a business-oriented conference suite. The check-in agent said they upgrade Diamond members to this suite, or a full two-room suite whenever the rooms are available.

This suite actually worked out well. There was a conference table (that would also work well for dining) and a living room with three sofas in a U-shape, facing a large screen TV sitting atop a high credenza. The TV swiveled around to also face the King bed that was on the other side of the credenza. Only one standard bathroom in this suite, however.

We ordered full breakfasts off the menu and all charges were removed from the bill (including tip, in our case).

Free HSIA is wired, which was not in the most convenient location (adjacent to the sofas, as opposed to the conference table across the room), so I used my Verizon wireless card.

Shuttles to/from Disney worked out well. They run every half-hour in each direction and were very prompt, in our experience. Drivers were remarkably friendly and helpful.

I would not hesitate to stay here again if (more likely when) in the area.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
There is no certificate. You just charge to breakfast to your room and then it is removed from your bill. This is the only property that has not taken the entire charge off.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 4:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Definitely a change in SOP. They used to have printed vouchers for AAA and for GP. The GP ones said "continental breakfast" but they were honored for full buffet when the GP enhancements were announced earlier this year.
No certificates when I was there recently. They told me when I checked in 'free buffet breakfast for two and just charge it to the room.' We ordered from the menu, expecting to pay for some, if not all. The entire charge was removed.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 7:33 pm

Just your basic Hyatt but they do take care of Diamond's well!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
They are now going through $25 million renovation that should be completed sometime early next year. The rooms, public spaces, and restaurants will be all redone. This should really affect the room availability because it is really the slow time of the year when they usually have some of the floors closed.

The floors 9 and 10 on the north tower are currently ready. Floors 7 and 8 are currently being renovated.

I wasn't aware that the property had changed ownership this Summer. Have to ask next time who is the new owner.

What I really like about this property are the front desk employees that I have get to know quite well over the years. When I was checking in the other night we were laughing that it is THAT time of the year again....

Also it seems that nowadays you get WSJ instead of the dreadful McPaper aka USA Today.

Here are some pictures of the basic room/suite on the renovated floors. It is interesting to see how the Conference King is done after they get to the other tower. The only thing that I quite didn't like was the fact that they hadn't really done anything major with the bathroom. It is out of sync with the other rooms.

http://holtju2.smugmug.com/Other/Hya...52175526_M8M69

Here's the bathroom:

Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:10 pm

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
Just stayed at this property.

Check-in was impressive in the huge atrium. They recognized my diamond status right away and offered choice of welcome ammenities. I chose points. The agent gave me his card and offered that if I needed anything during my stay they were happy to help. Was informed of my free diamond room upgrade (suite) and that complimentary breakfast would be in the restaurant - no coupon needed.

My suite was fine. The view was of the atrium. The bed was terrible. Out of any hotel I've stayed in it was definitely the worst - even compared to Super8 Costa Mesa which was the next worst (only stayed there to get 10,000 UA miles via a Wyndham promo.) The bed was lumpy and had a huge crater in it that I fell into when I rolled over. I mentioned this at checkout and they didn't seem to care.

Breakfast was good (I had the corned beef hash) and the toast was very tastefully served in a basket with linens and a separate butter-mold dish. The orange juice was fresh-squeezed - I've gotten so used to United Airline's ""orange juice"" that I forgot how good real OJ tastes!

Wireless internet worked fine and did not show up on the bill. Was charged only the tip for breakfast on my bill.

1W points didn't show up with other items from the stay in my GP acct so I had to call CS to fix that later.

Saw signs about the $25 million rennovation in progress. did not see any other evidence of it and no noise - so they are doing a good job of keeping it from disturbing the guests. I really hope the remodel includes NEW BEDS! I was in a room that had not been redone yet.

Pics here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=1722261c95
Old Sep 27, 2009, 12:59 am

Programs: Various
Another renovation? It seems like they just did a renovation in the last 3 years when it was "Alicante". I seem to get assigned a standard King Room each time I stay....they're a bit oddly configured, quite company, and the TV is on a hinge unit so you can view from the bed. Atrium noise/music can be annoying sometimes, but a better property than Long Beach and Newport Beach....both long overdue for a "complete renovation".
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:23 am

The last renovation was only one of the towers.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 8:45 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Stays not posting?

I'm not sure if this is an issue with this property or a problem with my particular account, but my last three Hyatt stays haven't been posting and they have all been at this property. I had a stay from 9/9 post no problem (except for pts instead of miles explained below), but the next three stays from 9/25, 9/27, and 9/30 did not post.

I finally called HGP tonight and got them to post them manually. One other thing: these had been the first stays I had requested UA miles, instead of HGP points. The stay from 9/9 posted with points, even though I had requested miles. So I guess it could also be the conversion to miles at this property that was the issue. HGP customer service on the phone seemed to have straightened everything out but I won't know for sure until the dust settles everything posts as intended.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had problems getting stays from this property to post lately? From any property? I even mentioned it to the front desk on the last stay but it did not change anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.