FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:10 pm
HunterSFO

Programs: Mlife Plat,Total Rewards Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz 5*, Avis Presidents C
Just stayed at this property.

Check-in was impressive in the huge atrium. They recognized my diamond status right away and offered choice of welcome ammenities. I chose points. The agent gave me his card and offered that if I needed anything during my stay they were happy to help. Was informed of my free diamond room upgrade (suite) and that complimentary breakfast would be in the restaurant - no coupon needed.

My suite was fine. The view was of the atrium. The bed was terrible. Out of any hotel I've stayed in it was definitely the worst - even compared to Super8 Costa Mesa which was the next worst (only stayed there to get 10,000 UA miles via a Wyndham promo.) The bed was lumpy and had a huge crater in it that I fell into when I rolled over. I mentioned this at checkout and they didn't seem to care.

Breakfast was good (I had the corned beef hash) and the toast was very tastefully served in a basket with linens and a separate butter-mold dish. The orange juice was fresh-squeezed - I've gotten so used to United Airline's ""orange juice"" that I forgot how good real OJ tastes!

Wireless internet worked fine and did not show up on the bill. Was charged only the tip for breakfast on my bill.

1W points didn't show up with other items from the stay in my GP acct so I had to call CS to fix that later.

Saw signs about the $25 million rennovation in progress. did not see any other evidence of it and no noise - so they are doing a good job of keeping it from disturbing the guests. I really hope the remodel includes NEW BEDS! I was in a room that had not been redone yet.

Pics here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=1722261c95