FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:54 am
holtju2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
They are now going through $25 million renovation that should be completed sometime early next year. The rooms, public spaces, and restaurants will be all redone. This should really affect the room availability because it is really the slow time of the year when they usually have some of the floors closed.

The floors 9 and 10 on the north tower are currently ready. Floors 7 and 8 are currently being renovated.

I wasn't aware that the property had changed ownership this Summer. Have to ask next time who is the new owner.

What I really like about this property are the front desk employees that I have get to know quite well over the years. When I was checking in the other night we were laughing that it is THAT time of the year again....

Also it seems that nowadays you get WSJ instead of the dreadful McPaper aka USA Today.

Here are some pictures of the basic room/suite on the renovated floors. It is interesting to see how the Conference King is done after they get to the other tower. The only thing that I quite didn't like was the fact that they hadn't really done anything major with the bathroom. It is out of sync with the other rooms.

http://holtju2.smugmug.com/Other/Hya...52175526_M8M69

Here's the bathroom: