Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2010, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by youngbru
The picket line was back this morning. The hotel staff said that they were not there on Tuesday so I don't know how regular the picketing will be. They were noisy! But I went in and out of the back door by self-parking so I didn't have any interaction with them.
These people who are picketing there are just demonstrating because union shop did not win the contract with the hotel. They have never been employed by the Hyatt.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 3:53 pm

During the current renovations does Orange add a new RC lounge?
Old Jan 27, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by best
During the current renovations does Orange add a new RC lounge?
I asked about this! and the answer is "No". They will not be adding a RC because with the amount of families that come through, they would be losing money. At least that's what the FD agent told me.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
In Hotel 1/28/10

There was talk of a mini-breakfast DO in OC. I will be staying there tonight, 1/28/10 and would be interested in having breakfast with other Flyertalkers tomorrw morning (Friday, 1/29). PM me if you are interested.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 7:07 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I am there tomorrow (29 Jan to 30 2010) and again on Sunday (31 Jan to Feb 1st) to clinch the Diamond until 2012.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:02 pm

Programs: Various
Another minus for this location (as I sit here typing this)

+The desk chairs in the room are less than stellar. It's probably the one piece of furniture that has the look/style from 1990's. There is little (if no) back support!!

+Lighting is awkward in rooms. Nice that they chose energy efficient lighting, but, there's a lack of lighting overall.

Last edited by Robt760; Jan 31, 2010 at 9:51 am
Old Jan 31, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I was talking to FD on my last check in and he said they were averaging around 70 diamond members a night this week!
Old Feb 11, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Orange County Regency

Staying next week for daughters birthday, Im Diamond level will use a suite upgrade cert as there is only a couple of weeks left to use them up, what sort of suite do they normally upgrade to?
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:04 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by rntraveller
Staying next week for daughters birthday, Im Diamond level will use a suite upgrade cert as there is only a couple of weeks left to use them up, what sort of suite do they normally upgrade to?
As mentioned previously (maybe another thread) this property regularly upgrades Diamond members to suites... you do not need to use a certificate. I have even gotten family suites (two bedrooms, one with bunkbeds). Of course if you have no use for the expiring upgrades otherwise I guess it wouldn't hurt. Perhaps you could call the hotel and inquire about what your options are as a Diamond with an upgrade certificate.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
As mentioned previously (maybe another thread) this property regularly upgrades Diamond members to suites... you do not need to use a certificate. I have even gotten family suites (two bedrooms, one with bunkbeds). Of course if you have no use for the expiring upgrades otherwise I guess it wouldn't hurt. Perhaps you could call the hotel and inquire about what your options are as a Diamond with an upgrade certificate.
Good response! Hotel gets the Diamond thing and is good about accommodating folks. ^
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:21 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
On a sad note I am sorry to say that one of my favorite FD staff at this hotel is no longer with this property. I learned from Talia on one of my last stays in January that she has accepted a position at a Hyatt Regency in another city (out of respect for her privacy I will not say which). I think she is moving up with the company as she will no longer be at the FD. I think that is great news.

She was always so friendly and accommodating; she will be missed! ^
Old Feb 11, 2010, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
On a sad note I am sorry to say that one of my favorite FD staff at this hotel is no longer with this property. I learned from Talia on one of my last stays in January that she has accepted a position at a Hyatt Regency in another city (out of respect for her privacy I will not say which). I think she is moving up with the company as she will no longer be at the FD. I think that is great news.

She was always so friendly and accommodating; she will be missed! ^
I know Talia and am happy for her and am not happy for us. She enjoyed my checking in and out every other day for a week or so (she knew what we all were doing and enjoyed our stories...). Good for her that she is moving up. ^
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt, UA
Orange County Regency

Thanks
I have stayed here a few times sinece becoming diamond and have automatically been upgraded once to a conference suite witht the big table, and other time to a kids suite and it was only me. My upcoming stay is for my daughters birthday and she is taking a couple of friends so jsut wanted to make sure we got a suite as it is a weekend and also I have upgrades expiring end of Feb which I wouldnt use otherwise
Old Feb 12, 2010, 12:30 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by rntraveller
Thanks
I have stayed here a few times sinece becoming diamond and have automatically been upgraded once to a conference suite witht the big table, and other time to a kids suite and it was only me. My upcoming stay is for my daughters birthday and she is taking a couple of friends so jsut wanted to make sure we got a suite as it is a weekend and also I have upgrades expiring end of Feb which I wouldnt use otherwise
Given the nature of this property, if you decide to use a suite upgrade certificate, while they may confirm you into a standard suite, I would not think you would have a problem requesting that they change it to a kid's suite.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Had a stay at the newly renovated Conference King the other week. Renovations seems to be on time that is quite a surprise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.