Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:34 pm

I stayed at the Hyatt Chicago Magnificent Mile this past weekend and definitely had a great experience.

1. The location of the Hotel is great and that was paramount to me so that was a big plus. In addition though there is construction on Erie St that is actually helpful because the Hotel doesn't have a lot of space to park for Valet service.

2. Parking as expected is expensive at $61 however you can use Parkwiz to book a parking spot. The Hyatt valet is outsourced and the same valet parking service is available through Parkwiz for $40. The caveat is that there are no In/Out privileges but then again I was planning on walking and/or taking a cab for any of the destinations I had in mind.

3. Service was great, check in was breeze and I ended up getting the food and beverage amenity instead of the points since I was travelling with a friend. A bottle of canvas wine (red) and a cheese and fruit tray...nothing exceptional but then again not bad at all!

4. I was given an Executive Suite. The room itself is a nice size though the living room looks a little sparse with the furniture and doesn't have any windows. I stayed in 1030 and the sound of sirens at night was definitely an issue.

5. My dining experience overall was great. We ended up going down for a drink in the evening to the Level 2 lounge before heading out and were told that they had a happy hour half priced sushi special everyday of the week. We ordered a couple of rolls which were pretty good. Breakfast the next day was exceptional however there was no made to order omelette offered.

All in all a great stay and would definitely stay at this property again!
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:28 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Quick review, booked and received an executive suite. Was perfectly suitable for a family of four, including the largest TV I have ever had in a hotel suite (60"?). No complaints from the family, who said that the breakfast was excellent (I was in meetings). Heard sirens but were not kept awake by them on the 14th floor. Lou Malnati's delivers to hotel ^

A great stay but a week later all my family talks about is the Park Suite upgrade at HR Chicago. To be fair both rooms were excellent, and the N. Michigan Ave. access that Mag Mile affords is tough to beat. Both excellent choices.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:19 pm

How does the Diamond breakfast work, do you just give them your room number or are you given a certain amt of certs?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: WOH (G)lobotimized, SPG Tarnished Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHigh23
How does the Diamond breakfast work, do you just give them your room number or are you given a certain amt of certs?
You are given certs for each registered guest.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:35 pm

Ok thanks, having a friend join us and was hoping they could also get in but the cost of having an extra guest exceeds the $25 charge -- maybe the FD will throw in an extra
Old Aug 26, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Staying here in September. Picked this over McCormick place due to DSU availability.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SQ421
Staying here in September. Picked this over McCormick place due to DSU availability.
You will enjoy it for location and a spacious, well renovated suite. Probably the best 4 star in Chicago. Not as cookie cutter as other Hyatts.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
just booked a night for late September...headed to the city for a friend's wedding...stayed here before the redo and loved it...can't wait to see what it looks like now! ^
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
just booked a night for late September...headed to the city for a friend's wedding...stayed here before the redo and loved it...can't wait to see what it looks like now! ^
How late, bdstone? Love to shout you a drink should our paths cross. I'm there 27-30.

Last edited by SQ421; Aug 26, 2014 at 9:30 pm
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: MR LTP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Is there a RC lounge here?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by texdoc
Is there a RC lounge here?
No.

Breakfast buffet. 1/2 sushi during happy hour. Corner Bakery across the street.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM. SPG Platinum. Hyatt Diamond. National Exec. Southwest A+ & CP.
Will be staying here in October for leisure and am trying to decide between the hyatt regency, this hotel and the Westin. Any suggestions?

Also is the noise from the hospital pretty evident at night?
Old Aug 29, 2014, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
How late, bdstone? Love to shout you a drink should our paths cross. I'm there 27-30.
Staying the night of Friday Sept. 26th...shoot me a PM if you're going to be around! ^
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by bsdstone
Staying the night of Friday Sept. 26th...shoot me a PM if you're going to be around! ^
Dang! I don't get into ORD till 15:30 on the 27th!
Old Sep 4, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dang! I don't get into ORD till 15:30 on the 27th!
No worries...I just found out my son has a baseball game the next morning at 9...so looks like the wife is staying sober and driving us home!

Reservation cancelled!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.