Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Centric Chicago Magnificent Mile REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
suuuuuuuuuuuucks...location was slightly less ideal within River North IMO but good upgrades, good breakfast pre-Covid, solid gym, etc.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Damn I just stayed there this past weekend and had an awesome stay, really sad to see.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:27 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
This is really sad - what a quality hotel!
Old Feb 15, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Although, do we think there's a chance it stays a public Hyatt?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Although, do we think there's a chance it stays a public Hyatt?
If you read the article linked, I think it's pretty clear that its a "purpose specific" purchase and thus very unlikely it remains a public Hyatt.

Regards
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
According to our contacts at Hyatt, the property will continue to be managed and operated by Hyatt.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
According to our contacts at Hyatt, the property will continue to be managed and operated by Hyatt.
Wow, well there you go. Good news!

Regards
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Wonderful, this would have been a big loss for Hyatt in Chicago. I would imagine better rates for patients and families but am hoping for no negative changes in the current offerings.
Old May 9, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Anyone got an email address for this property?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 7:16 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gravii
Anyone got an email address for this property?
Didn't manage to get one before checking in, but to answer my own question for anyone in the future.

chimm-fom at hyatt.com
Old Oct 16, 2023, 9:22 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Haven't seen much activity on this thread recently, so I thought I would add my experiences from a 2 night stay last week. The HCMM is in a very nice location just a block off MIchigan Ave so it really lives up to the Centric name. Check-in and front desk staff were outstanding... I got globalist upgrade to a huge suite which was very nice, although it seemed a bit dark.

Unfortunately, I don't have much nice to say about the food/beverage situation here. They were pretty busy in the evenings, and it seems like the bar is very understaffed... I waited for around 15 minutes to get a drink and finally ended up going back up to my room for a call. When I came back down an hour or so later it hadn't improved much but I did manage to get served. Dinner menu was pretty decent. The breakfast arrangement as a globalist was you could either have buffet breakfast or order off the menu and use a $15 credit. The nice thing was if you didn't use the credit, you could apply it elsewhere. Unfortunately, the buffet was not very good. Typically bacon/eggs/french toast etc set out in Le Creuset cookware, but most everything was cold and by 9:00 am, it wasn't tasting very fresh either.

I guess it wouldn't stop me from staying there again, but it's not cheap and I think at that pricepoint and the abundance of choices in the area, one can do better.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was considering a stay here and noticed an announcement on the hotel's website that renovations are occurring now. Therre's a warning about noise throughout the hotel from early morning to early evening (specific hours are given, but I forget the exact details), apparently seven days a week.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.