Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Can i I just book the HR as 2 adults and then contact the hotel to add a bassinet? Or am I stuck paying cash for the room with view? Or can I call to book a club room for an additional 5k points? Thanks
We did this last year with our 1 year old - we just contacted the hotel in advance and they told us it would be fine. They did note the cribs/bassinets they have are apparently very small so did not provide one as they said our son would not fit in it. He slept in our bed - although with the jet lag from US East Coast there wasn't a whole lot of sleeping anyway

I'm not sure exactly how old your child will be but there is a playground in the park right across the street, I found that to be very handy and we were there every day.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by River in Sight
I'm not sure exactly how old your child will be but there is a playground in the park right across the street, I found that to be very handy and we were there every day.
The "playground" is right across the street from the Park Hyatt. It's a bit of a hike from the Regency.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by River in Sight
We did this last year with our 1 year old - we just contacted the hotel in advance and they told us it would be fine. They did note the cribs/bassinets they have are apparently very small so did not provide one as they said our son would not fit in it. He slept in our bed - although with the jet lag from US East Coast there wasn't a whole lot of sleeping anyway

Our baby will be 6 months old. I wasn’t able to find the hotel’s email so I sent a message to Hyatt, who said I can’t do have a baby with a base room.

Do you have the hotel’s email?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA

Our baby will be 6 months old. I wasn’t able to find the hotel’s email so I sent a message to Hyatt, who said I can’t do have a baby with a base room.

email addresses for Hyatt properties are usually indicated at the bottom of the hotel's website pages.
If you go to:
https://tokyo.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

You will find this at the bottom of the page:
[email protected]

These email addresses are usually sufficient, but in some cases they get re-routed to central reservations, which may not be useful. If that happens probably someone can give you an email for a concierge or some other direct contact, but why don't you try the listed email first.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
email addresses for Hyatt properties are usually indicated at the bottom of the hotel's website pages.
If you go to:
https://tokyo.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

You will find this at the bottom of the page:
[email protected]

These email addresses are usually sufficient, but in some cases they get re-routed to central reservations, which may not be useful. If that happens probably someone can give you an email for a concierge or some other direct contact, but why don't you try the listed email first.
This is the email I’ve used to correspond with them:

Reservation <[email protected]>
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

This is the email I’ve used to correspond with them:

Reservation <[email protected]>
Thanks. This one worked.
The email mentioned a post above doesn’t seem to work anymore. I got an auto reply that it didn’t go through.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:05 am

I would like to email the GM Mr. Asami Takasawa. Does anybody have his email?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:29 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I would like to email the GM Mr. Asami Takasawa. Does anybody have his email?
try the standard hyatt e-mail syntax: "firstname.lastname at hyatt dot com"
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Here now July 4. Easy and professional check in experience. Club lounge awards had been applied without issue. Staying on 19 floor with nice view (not sure if this was standard booked on points or “upgrade” when I asked about upgrade (Exloporist). I’m pretty bummed we did not get renovated room. Tempted to ask to move but with two rooms and three kids it’s a hassle. Our kids room has a king and a rollaway. No problem there and was in rez due to earlier email. No extra charge bc one child < 12. Also kid room is at 50% off rate. ~$125/night. First room on points.

Will try to get pics of club lounge later today.

If you like soft or memory form mattresses you will have a rough sleep here. I’ve never slept in a bed so hard. Can anyone tell me if renovated rooms have softer beds? I’d prob request a move if so.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:16 pm

Here now July 4. Easy and professional check in experience. Club lounge awards had been applied without issue. Staying on 19 floor with nice view (not sure if this was standard booked on points or “upgrade” when I asked about upgrade (Exloporist). I’m pretty bummed we did not get renovated room. Tempted to ask to move but with two rooms and three kids it’s a hassle. Our kids room has a king and a rollaway. No problem there and was in rez due to earlier email. No extra charge bc one child < 12. Also kid room is at 50% off rate. ~$125/night. First room on points.

Will try to get pics of club lounge later today.

If you like soft or memory form mattresses you will have a rough sleep here. I’ve never slept in a bed so hard. Can anyone tell me if renovated rooms have softer beds? I’d prob request a move if so.
Wow, children’s room at half price even though the primary room is an award redemption. Plus club and upgrade. Seems like they’re treating you well.

You can just ask if there are renovated rooms available, and if so ask to see one before deciding to move.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Wow, children’s room at half price even though the primary room is an award redemption. Plus club and upgrade. Seems like they’re treating you well.

You can just ask if there are renovated rooms available, and if so ask to see one before deciding to move.
Yes. The kids room is part of Hyatt family plan and one of the reasons we booked here. VERY grateful and yes they are treating us well!

The hard beds are a personal issue. I may ask if the reno beds are softer.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I have stayed in all rooms between the lowest and Atrium Suite, and have never noticed any difference in the beds.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:44 pm

Yes. The kids room is part of Hyatt family plan and one of the reasons we booked here. VERY grateful and yes they are treating us well!

The hard beds are a personal issue. I may ask if the reno beds are softer.
Yes, but many Hyatt hotels require the primary room to be paid at the daily rate in order to discount the children’s room. So, award for parents + 50% off for kids is particularly generous.

I always slept well there. Maybe they have alternate bedding or a mattress pad they can put on for you?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo

Yes, but many Hyatt hotels require the primary room to be paid at the daily rate in order to discount the children’s room. So, award for parents + 50% off for kids is particularly generous.

I always slept well there. Maybe they have alternate bedding or a mattress pad they can put on for you?
I’ll ask re bed. I have a memory foam mattress at home so I’m a wimp re hard mattresses. Hyatt’s policy actually is that the first room can be an award and second room on family plan. Of course some hotels may block that, but it’s been published and confirmed by Hyatt that first room can be award.

I tried to to get a paid room plus kids room rate for the Nusa Dua Hyatt and they would not honor the family plan at all. Staying at Courtyard Seminyak instead, which we will prefer anyway bc more local culture.
MikeFromTokyo likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:02 pm

I’ll ask re bed. I have a memory foam mattress at home so I’m a wimp re hard mattresses. Hyatt’s policy actually is that the first room can be an award and second room on family plan. Of course some hotels may block that, but it’s been published and confirmed by Hyatt that first room can be award.

I tried to to get a paid room plus kids room rate for the Nusa Dua Hyatt and they would not honor the family plan at all. Staying at Courtyard Seminyak instead, which we will prefer anyway bc more local culture.
That’s interesting and good to know. It’s also amazing value. In that case, the points for the primary room essentially offset 150% of the daily rate, i.e. the primary room AND half of the kids’ room rate. That would be really amazing if PH, GH, or Andaz Tokyo allowed it.

The by-the-book nature of the Japanese hotels can be a double edged sword. They more often than not interpret rules literally, and in this case that really worked out well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.