Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Any updates on the lounge? Quality of breakfast? Offerings during the day?

Have some explorist lounge access awards to burn. Trying to figure out if it makes sense to use it here. Honestly, all the bad reviews about the lounge here and on blogs have scared me a little.

Read that the Hilton across the street has a decent lounge with afternoon tea and evening happy hour. There's also an option for buffet breakfast as Gold. So that seems like a good alternative.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:01 pm

The breakfast on the lounge is decidedly mediocre. That being said, other than a quick light fuel stop in the morning of sightseeing, I would never waste a single bite of food on a lounge offering in Tokyo. WAY too many incredible options to waste a calorie on lounge food.
Finance_underling likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by antonius66
The breakfast on the lounge is decidedly mediocre. That being said, other than a quick light fuel stop in the morning of sightseeing, I would never waste a single bite of food on a lounge offering in Tokyo. WAY too many incredible options to waste a calorie on lounge food.
By that logic, why would you waste a single night at a Hyatt Regency in Tokyo? WAY too many incredible hotel options to waste a minute in a mid-range Hyatt.

You and your philosophy are not the target audience.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:28 pm

Well because I find the hotel to be very satisfactory and excellent for the price, with a great location. Saying I don't want to eat in the lounge instead of eating a meal in Tokyo is hardly the same as saying the HRT is not worth staying at.
ralphs likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:39 pm

Well because I find the hotel to be very satisfactory and excellent for the price, with a great location. Saying I don't want to eat in the lounge instead of eating a meal in Tokyo is hardly the same as saying the HRT is not worth staying at.
I tend to agree, the lounge offerings at HRT are not mind blowing, but serves it's purpose for a quick bite/snack while on the go or first thing in the morning.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) If price consciousness is a valid reason for staying at a hotel, then why shame people that want to take advantage of a hotel's resources?

2) Where besides a hotel are you going to go out of your way to eat breakfast at? Do you take the 45 minute trip on packed trains to Tsukiji every morning?

3) Michel Troisgros inside HRT is in fact a Michelin two star restaurant in its own right.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Can anyone comment on prices in restaurant for breakfast? Debating using points for club rooms. Our family needs to be able to eat in the hotel in the morning. Also, are there rooms on the same level as club itself (to request)?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Can anyone comment on prices in restaurant for breakfast? Debating using points for club rooms. Our family needs to be able to eat in the hotel in the morning. Also, are there rooms on the same level as club itself (to request)?
An actual booking into a club room, either with cash or pts will get you a nicer room in addition to lounge access. The breakfast in the lounge was slightly improved this past April vs Sep last year, with more fresh fruit and a much, much better layout. Full breakfast in the restaurant would be about 4600 yen/person, continental about 3200 yen/person.

There are club rooms on the club floor, but of course rather limited in number.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:25 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I completed a four night stay here last month with my wife and two year old. Unlike many lounges, this lounge had high chairs which I really appreciated. Of the four mornings, three had hot egg dishes (I think two days had mini-omelettes with scrambled eggs on the third) while the fourth day had only hard boiled eggs. There was fruit and bread and a miso station each day. I don't think the lounge breakfast is anything to write home about but overall I found the hotel to be a very good deal. We paid 22000JPY per nt plus the fourth night free via Citi Prestige, and applied a DSU to get a suite. For Tokyo -- I considered that a very good deal.

A couple of notes for those with children: first, the hotel told me that their cribs are only suitable for children up to 9 months old. Thus, our two year old slept in our bed. The Hyatt website won't show you the suite if you put in 2 adults and a child, but if you contact the hotel directly they have no problem with a child in the room using existing bedding.

Second, the large park across the street has a playground - enter the park, walk toward the Park Hyatt and you can't miss it. There is a very large concrete slide which my son absolutely loved as well as several other amusements. It was great to have room for him to run around as soon as we arrived at the hotel from our flight from JFK.

Regarding the suite, as others have mentioned there is no real door between the bedroom and living room. Still, it was nice to have the extra room and we appreciated the fruit plate that was refreshed each day. The 7-11 in the basement was also a great convenience for quick snacks for our son, especially string cheese!

Last edited by River in Sight; Aug 19, 2017 at 3:11 pm Reason: Info on crib
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
An actual booking into a club room, either with cash or pts will get you a nicer room in addition to lounge access. The breakfast in the lounge was slightly improved this past April vs Sep last year, with more fresh fruit and a much, much better layout. Full breakfast in the restaurant would be about 4600 yen/person, continental about 3200 yen/person.

There are club rooms on the club floor, but of course rather limited in number.
Excellent info. I'd rather blow the extra points on lesser club breakfast than pay $200 for breakfast for this family of five!

Originally Posted by River in Sight
I completed a four night stay here last month with my wife and two year old. Unlike many lounges, this lounge had high chairs which I really appreciated. Of the four mornings, three had hot egg dishes (I think two days had mini-omelettes with scrambled eggs on the third) while the fourth day had only hard boiled eggs. There was fruit and bread and a miso station each day. I don't think the lounge breakfast is anything to write home about but overall I found the hotel to be a very good deal. We paid 22000JPY per nt plus the fourth night free via Citi Prestige, and applied a DSU to get a suite. For Tokyo -- I considered that a very good deal.

For those with children: the large park across the street has a playground - walk toward the Park Hyatt and you can't miss it. There is a very large concrete slide which my son absolutely loved as well as several other amusements. It was great to have room for him to run around as soon as we arrived at the hotel from our flight from JFK.

Regarding the suite, as others have mentioned there is no real door between the bedroom and living room. Still, it was nice to have the extra room and we appreciated the fruit plate that was refreshed each day. The 7-11 in the basement was also a great convenience for quick snacks for our son, especially string cheese!
This is helpful. My youngest is 9 and loves parks still. Also good to know re breakfast. I'll use Prestige 4th night elsewhere bc going with award and 50% off second room for kids if they'll do it.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by River in Sight

For those with children: the large park across the street has a playground - walk toward the Park Hyatt and you can't miss it. There is a very large concrete slide which my son absolutely loved as well as several other amusements. It was great to have room for him to run around as soon as we arrived at the hotel from our flight from JFK.

The Tochomae subway underground access is great and I like the new underground path that leads all the way to Shinjuku station too.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
3) Michel Troisgros inside HRT is in fact a Michelin two star restaurant in its own right.
What does that have to do with the lounge?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Excellent info. I'd rather blow the extra points on lesser club breakfast than pay $200 for breakfast for this family of five!
There's a Dennys about a five minute walk away, where a family of five could get breakfast for about $30 total.
Finance_underling likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
There's a Dennys about a five minute walk away, where a family of five could get breakfast for about $30 total.
He specifically said his family needs to eat in the hotel in the morning. Is there some reason not to believe him?

The extra pts needed to get 2 club rooms should prove to be a decent value for breakfast for 5 and the assurance of a nicer room, even if they do not use the evening service. There are also soft drinks etc throughout the day.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
He specifically said his family needs to eat in the hotel in the morning. Is there some reason not to believe him?
Is there some reason that information posted on a public message board must apply to one specific person?

Was there some reason to be that snippy with your response?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.