FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:36 pm
Stgermainparis

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
An actual booking into a club room, either with cash or pts will get you a nicer room in addition to lounge access. The breakfast in the lounge was slightly improved this past April vs Sep last year, with more fresh fruit and a much, much better layout. Full breakfast in the restaurant would be about 4600 yen/person, continental about 3200 yen/person.

There are club rooms on the club floor, but of course rather limited in number.
Excellent info. I'd rather blow the extra points on lesser club breakfast than pay $200 for breakfast for this family of five!

Originally Posted by River in Sight
I completed a four night stay here last month with my wife and two year old. Unlike many lounges, this lounge had high chairs which I really appreciated. Of the four mornings, three had hot egg dishes (I think two days had mini-omelettes with scrambled eggs on the third) while the fourth day had only hard boiled eggs. There was fruit and bread and a miso station each day. I don't think the lounge breakfast is anything to write home about but overall I found the hotel to be a very good deal. We paid 22000JPY per nt plus the fourth night free via Citi Prestige, and applied a DSU to get a suite. For Tokyo -- I considered that a very good deal.

For those with children: the large park across the street has a playground - walk toward the Park Hyatt and you can't miss it. There is a very large concrete slide which my son absolutely loved as well as several other amusements. It was great to have room for him to run around as soon as we arrived at the hotel from our flight from JFK.

Regarding the suite, as others have mentioned there is no real door between the bedroom and living room. Still, it was nice to have the extra room and we appreciated the fruit plate that was refreshed each day. The 7-11 in the basement was also a great convenience for quick snacks for our son, especially string cheese!
This is helpful. My youngest is 9 and loves parks still. Also good to know re breakfast. I'll use Prestige 4th night elsewhere bc going with award and 50% off second room for kids if they'll do it.