FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2017, 7:25 pm
River in Sight

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I completed a four night stay here last month with my wife and two year old. Unlike many lounges, this lounge had high chairs which I really appreciated. Of the four mornings, three had hot egg dishes (I think two days had mini-omelettes with scrambled eggs on the third) while the fourth day had only hard boiled eggs. There was fruit and bread and a miso station each day. I don't think the lounge breakfast is anything to write home about but overall I found the hotel to be a very good deal. We paid 22000JPY per nt plus the fourth night free via Citi Prestige, and applied a DSU to get a suite. For Tokyo -- I considered that a very good deal.

A couple of notes for those with children: first, the hotel told me that their cribs are only suitable for children up to 9 months old. Thus, our two year old slept in our bed. The Hyatt website won't show you the suite if you put in 2 adults and a child, but if you contact the hotel directly they have no problem with a child in the room using existing bedding.

Second, the large park across the street has a playground - enter the park, walk toward the Park Hyatt and you can't miss it. There is a very large concrete slide which my son absolutely loved as well as several other amusements. It was great to have room for him to run around as soon as we arrived at the hotel from our flight from JFK.

Regarding the suite, as others have mentioned there is no real door between the bedroom and living room. Still, it was nice to have the extra room and we appreciated the fruit plate that was refreshed each day. The 7-11 in the basement was also a great convenience for quick snacks for our son, especially string cheese!

Last edited by River in Sight; Aug 19, 2017 at 3:11 pm Reason: Info on crib