Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Has there been any change recently in the evening lounge offerings?
No.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I was there a week ago and didn't see much difference in the evening offers. Still the choice for 1 out of 2 warm items and for the rest it was the usual drinks and snacks.

The main difference I saw was in the breakfast offerings, but my last stay was in Januari so that might have been implemented a while ago already.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
I was there a week ago and didn't see much difference in the evening offers. Still the choice for 1 out of 2 warm items and for the rest it was the usual drinks and snacks.

The main difference I saw was in the breakfast offerings, but my last stay was in Januari so that might have been implemented a while ago already.
Still lots of parmesan!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah... that's one thing I never understood, it's not the cheese that you normally put on a cheese platter (at least not in that volume).
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by RTW1
at least not in that volume
But the last time we were there the entire wheel disappeared

I don't mind a bit of regiano with a glass of red wine, I was more disappointed with the pickled vegies and the kaki-no-tane snack.

However, unlike some other posters, we found the 4 small offerings to be quite high quality, so as a pre-dinner drink it was just fine.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But the last time we were there the entire wheel disappeared

I don't mind a bit of regiano with a glass of red wine, I was more disappointed with the pickled vegies and the kaki-no-tane snack.

However, unlike some other posters, we found the 4 small offerings to be quite high quality, so as a pre-dinner drink it was just fine.
It did what the GM said it was intended to do, make the evening environment much more relaxed. No more hoards of families jockeying for position around the buffet or businessmen scarfing down 15-20 little plates of stuff for dinner anymore.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Breakfast is by far the best part of the club lounge offerings. Several hot dishes, lots of great pastries, good variety of teas and cereals. Only thing missing is Japanese staples like rice and miso soup.
From the looks of this Japanese blog, it appears that the club lounge finally HAS started offering rice and miso soup w/breakfast! ^
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:13 am

From the looks of this Japanese blog, it appears that the club lounge finally HAS started offering rice and miso soup w/breakfast! ^
Although I know not everyone would agree, I also like the replacement of the sofas with tables and chairs.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, A3*G, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Lufthansa Frequent Traveller
It's about damn time! Even HR Waikiki lounge offers rice and miso soup for breakfast.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by qmiles321
It's about damn time! Even HR Waikiki lounge offers rice and miso soup for breakfast.
Maybe HR Waikiki has a higher ratio of Japanese club level guests than HR Tokyo
Old Dec 28, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
I can't read Japanese, but I see 7860 yen. Is this blog discussing discount rates?
If so, what are the available dates?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zombietooth
I can't read Japanese, but I see 7860 yen. Is this blog discussing discount rates?
If so, what are the available dates?
It's talking about Points and Cash rate booking.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 6:48 pm

It's talking about Points and Cash rate booking.
That would be my assumption as well, but I don't see that it specifically says it was P&C. But elsewhere the blog does refer to P&C as a "reduced rate" at GHT.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be my assumption as well, but I don't see that it specifically says it was P&C. But elsewhere the blog does refer to P&C as a "reduced rate" at GHT.
And in a recent PHT post as well.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Checked in now. Can confirm they are serving Miso with breakfast. Decent stay, managed to get them to waive the 3,000 yen early check in fee when I showed up at 9am without too much convincing. Only hiccup is the lounge was full and had a 10 minute wait for breakfast. Found the breakfast selection to be fairly underwhelming.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.