Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Category 4-5 would be more appropriate.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 1:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

We stayed here one night between Carmel Valley Ranch and Alila Ventana Big Sur. We had a category 1-7 cert that was expiring in a few weeks and were happy to use it here. The hotel was sold out and no upgrade was available. However, a room was thoughtfully chosen for us in the 500 block, just beyond the townhouses. It had a great view of the water and was an easy walk to the main building. The room was a bit shabby with the furniture having a lot of dings. But the view. It is a dead on view of the ocean and rocky outcroppings, vastly superior to the view at Ventana. Of course there is no ocean view at Camel Valley Ranch. So - choose your priorities.

We had to pick up our parking pass at the timeshare desk. I feared a pitch but got none. Instead, we were given a bag of salted caramels and a card with some discounts good at that shop (Lulus) and various wineries.

It was some years since we were last here. Breakfast was then served in the lower restaurant to the side of the main building. It is now served in Pacific Edge, the restaurant with the drop dead views of the Pacific. We had a table right at the window. Mesmerizing.

We ate at Pocket in Carmel and highly recommend it.
https://www.thepocketcarmel.com/
dpb132 and joecool1885 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 6:39 pm

I have an upcoming stay here and am confused about the check out time. The website says residence club rooms have a check out time of 10am and hotel rooms 12pm. I've booked a basic ocean view king room, not a suite or townhouse - I assume this is counted as a hotel room, and not a residence club room?

How do you know if you've booked a residence club room or hotel room if you book directly from the website?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Hannah1
I have an upcoming stay here and am confused about the check out time. The website says residence club rooms have a check out time of 10am and hotel rooms 12pm. I've booked a basic ocean view king room, not a suite or townhouse - I assume this is counted as a hotel room, and not a residence club room?

How do you know if you've booked a residence club room or hotel room if you book directly from the website?
I phoned the hotel and got some clarification on this. They said if you book from the hotel website then all rooms are on the hotel side, and check out time is 12pm.
Old Aug 28, 2023, 12:01 pm

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca..._gmb_seo_higph

Much like the Welk, Hyatt have changed the branding on the website to "Hyatt Vacation Club at Highlands Inn & HYATT Carmel Highlands".

I'm guessing stays on the hotel side now code as "Hyatt Vacation Club" and earn the HVC Brand Explorer badge/are eligible for the triple points promo. It no longer appears on the "Hyatt Hotels" website (i.e. plain Hyatt).
Old Sep 13, 2023, 9:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Just stayed 2 nights on points. It does not show stay credit in my account. Is this due to the switch to vacation club?

I also did not get a badge for vacation club.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Sep 13, 2023 at 1:45 pm
Old Oct 15, 2023, 3:45 pm

Hmm... thinking about booking two (2) nights on points here as an in-between for my Carmel Valley Ranch & Ventana Big Sur stays. Imagine I'll use this hotel to venture out more, while at the other two hotels, I'll probably stay in more.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:13 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
I booked 2 nights on points for next fall for the Hyatt Vacation Club at Highlands Ranch (it's in the email confirmation), and now my reservation in the app says Hyatt Carmel Highlands. Both Vacation Club and mainstay Hyatt are listed separately (but at the same address); the latter shows availability for my dates but the former doesn't. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I booked Vacation Club specifically to add it to my brand explorer (already have the Hyatt brand). Anyone know how that'll work?
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:19 pm

this property now codes all nightly paid rates via hyatt booking channels as ‘Hyatt’ brand. you should simply forget & ignore it says vacation club anywhere. except for your narrow interest, this is all upside for hyatt elites.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:49 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by Colin
this property now codes all nightly paid rates via hyatt booking channels as ‘Hyatt’ brand. you should simply forget & ignore it says vacation club anywhere. except for your narrow interest, this is all upside for hyatt elites.
Bummer - might go with Carmel Valley Ranch instead then. We've already got the following 2 nights at Alila Ventana Big Sur, so we won't be missing out on the scenery either way. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2024, 10:01 am

Checked in a couple of days ago. Departing today. One difference from previous stays was that, after checking in at the front desk and getting everything you need EXCEPT a parking permit, guests are now referred to the Welcome Desk (Timeshare people) to get that last, essential bit. I, solo, got through it without hassles - nice-enough guy at the desk.

Pool is presently closed. It has a tree in it after a "landslide" (slope failure).
Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:04 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Want to do a one night stay with family when driving from LA to SF for a wedding. 1bedroom suite bookable for 30k points- for 1 night is this ok for 4 people? I used to be globalist so I have a few GOH certs left. Feels like a waste to use it for a one night stay but potential upgrade and free breakfast, would this be worth it?

I probably don’t have other uses for the certs as my P2 who isn’t traveling on this trip is on track for globalist this year (just too bad he won’t be going on this trip to California).

my other option is HR Monterey for 2 standard suites at 20k each room or 32k for one of the king bed suites.

ideally I would glamp at Ventana but somehow the Wed I am looking at is booked up.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:01 pm

Rooms are very small, at least the 30 or so i have seen as a Globalist. 30 stays, never an upgrade. Restaurant offers stunning views; maybe the best thing about the property. Breakfast is entree+juice+coffee or tea. (Side note: once hyped vegan menu is gone.)
Monterey is okay. Again, I have only seen small rooms, and upgrades are commonly just golf course views.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.