Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Highlands Inn - Hyatt Carmel REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Any recent stay? Is onsite dining open now? Thanks!
I was curious also so I tried to reserve a table. OpenTable show first available June 1st. Sol I guess the answer to your question is "No".
Wintertiger likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Any recent stay? Is onsite dining open now? Thanks!
Stayed there on Feb 20-23 in Unit 423 (suite with balcony and nice view). There was NO onsite dining.

Also, gym and hot tubs closed.

Housekeeping on request only.. Was given a number to text to if any housekeeping was needed. Did so twice, and they were VERY prompt.

Could use pool, but did not.
Wintertiger likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 9:51 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Does anyone have a contact email for the property? I tried an old email format for the new (as of last summer) GM Ryan Rance but it bounced.

After reading OMAAT review of the property (https://onemileatatime.com/hyatt-carmel-highlands-review/)I am not going unless I can be sure to have a suite with kitchen (since no food service is open).
Old Apr 6, 2021, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by kpott
Does anyone have a contact email for the property? I tried an old email format for the new (as of last summer) GM Ryan Rance but it bounced.

After reading OMAAT review of the property (https://onemileatatime.com/hyatt-carmel-highlands-review/)I am not going unless I can be sure to have a suite with kitchen (since no food service is open).
As of last August, my Hyatt Concierge gave me the e-mail address for Rance Ryan (yes, his first name is Rance and Ryan is last) as [email protected] I e-mailed him and never got a response. Then a few days before our arrival I got an automated e-mail from front office manager (who is no longer there) welcoming us and asking if anything we need. I responded asking to be placed in a specific part of the hotel -not a specific room but somewhere in a range of room numbers I gave him. No response.

We got there and were assigned a room nowhere near the rooms I had requested and instead we got a room with a crummy ocean view. I'm a Hyatt Lifetime Globalist and we have stayed at this property at least once a year for about the last 20 years, never on a free stay. We are going back again this August. I will ask My Hyatt Concierge to make contact with the property and make sure they do their best to put us in the area of the property that we prefer. If that doesn't work, this will be our last stay there. There is an equally nice- and perhaps a bit nicer- hotel right next door that we will try.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:03 am

it’s an awesome trip if planned smartly with a cheap ~$200/n rate and a confirmed TSU to townhome. people booking the cheapest room and then being upset that they get the cheapest room are the exact kind of customer the hotel and Hyatt can do without.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Colin
it’s an awesome trip if planned smartly with a cheap ~$200/n rate and a confirmed TSU to townhome. people booking the cheapest room and then being upset that they get the cheapest room are the exact kind of customer the hotel and Hyatt can do without.
These are the kind of mean spirited posts FT can do without.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum (LTG), Hilton Gold, United 1K, AA EXP, AS MVP 75K
I have stayed at the Highlands many many times. The resort is currently a shell of what most regular guests are familiar with. I had a $250 weekend stay over the summer and did not enjoy my time. I followed up with a cheaper stay at the Hyatt Regency and a pricier full service stay at Carmel Valley Ranch later in the year. At this stage I would opt for either of those two hotels over the Highlands Inn (a place we typically really enjoy).

kenbo likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Its really sad...I had several incredible stays here a few years ago...including amazing customer service.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 7:29 pm

I hope you weren't responding to my post right above. I certainly pay a LOT more than that. And if my using a Hyatt benefit I have earned ever makes me an undesirable customer, I will move my loyalty.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Would appreciate some Carmel restaurant recs from frequent visitors. Last few times I opted for food in Monterey and Seaside (good food without the atmosphere).

I thought I had read some recommendations for Flaherty's, but now I don't see them in this thread. I see a couple of recs for Anton and Michel, which we will look for.

Tree House seems interesting.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:07 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by italdesign
Would appreciate some Carmel restaurant recs from frequent visitors.
Great dining in Monterey/Carmel
italdesign likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by italdesign
Would appreciate some Carmel restaurant recs from frequent visitors....
During our Feb 2021 stay, we got takeout from Rio Grill and dined outside at Grasings (in Carmel), Nepenthe (~35-40 min south on Hwy 1; food was good, but you are mostly paying for the view), and Tarpy's Roadshouse (near MRY airport). We recommend them all.

Another place we have been to in the past and really liked was Dametra Cafe in Carmel; some very good friends were there in Feb and continue to rave about it.

For a "view restaurant" that is a bit closer than Nepenthe (~15 min), try the Rocky Point Restaurant. But have not been there in a while, and not sure it has re-opened yet.

Bon appetit!
italdesign likes this.

Last edited by jmd001; Apr 19, 2021 at 12:29 pm Reason: Fix typo
Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jmd001
For a "view restaurant" that is a bit closer than Nepenthe (~15 min), try the Rocky Point Restaurant. But have not been there in a while, and not sure it has re-opened yet.

Bon appetit!
Never been inside but the entrance has one of my fav views of the coast! Thx for all the recs

Last edited by italdesign; Apr 21, 2021 at 6:43 pm
Old May 21, 2021, 9:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum

Saw this in the Pine Cone at breakfast today.
JIMCHI likes this.
Old May 31, 2021, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Staying here now. It’s great! Nice hot tubs. Amazing food as usual.
favorite restaurants:
from scratch
lugano Swiss bistro
tarpy’s roadhouse
edgars at Quail lodge

Note that this is residence club and not hotel. Hotel balconies are a bit different.

everytime we stay here, we wish that we could stay longer. We always will return here.

SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by gaobest; May 31, 2021 at 8:43 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.