Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 5, 2001, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS

Does anyone know if this resort (scheduled to open in a few months) is ON a beach. It is very hard to tell from the online description if it is on a beach or 5 miles from a beach. I don't know why Hyatt can't get some decent beachfront properties in Florida. Either they have a postage stamp size beach (Key West) or are several miles from the beach (Fort Lauderdale).
Old Feb 15, 2002, 2:43 pm

In fairness, I have not been to the Hyatt Key West. Here is the deal. The Bonita Hyatt opened 9/24. It is RIGHT on the water, however if you want to actually get to the sand, you take a complimentary boat over to the sandy beach. The beach is private, only for Hyatt and Pelican Bay residents. From my source, sounded like a logistical nightmare, BUT it is so nice to have the beach all to yourself. They have chairs and towels and everything out at the beach for you if you want. The sand strip is not very big (not big enough for a house), so it will never get overgrown.

But the Hyatt pool is SO nice...why bother?
Old Jun 7, 2002, 3:48 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
Hyatt Coconut Pointe...The New Crown Jewel of Domestic Hyatts...

Everyone knows how much I love my Hyatts. We all know how much I love the Hyatts in Hawaii and Grand Cypress and Scottsdale and Islandia and in May, the Grand Hyatt in Singapore. Well this resort in Bonita is FABULOUS.

The staff is amazing. Ask for Shane to check you in. He is an incredible example of the Hyatt Touch. (Anyone remember those ads they had. Your TV would be on when you walked into the room and you would the Hyatt Touch song...)

The RC is incredible. The food is perfect. Two hot dishes. Lots of cheese choices. Veggies and dip. One night there were two other items, Pasta Salad and Tomato and Mozzarella. YUM!!!

Wednesday - Jerk Shrimp and ShishKaBobs
Thursday - Chicken Satay and Lamb Chops
Monday - Beef Satay and

Alcohol is complimentary. (Hyatt, please leave this!!!) Two choices of Red, Two choices of White. All sorts of Alcohol.

Dessert was lots of choices. Lots of petit fours. Chocolate covered strawberries (my fave!!!)

Pepsi cans out all day. Cananda Dry Cans. Schweppes bottles. Evian and Aquafina.

The pools are amazing!!! Three separate. Great slide!!!

Ask for Diana at the pool. She has already been on Wheel of Fortune and is looking for a partner for the Amazing Race. She has tried Survivor and Jeopardy.

Incredible spa. It was so amazing.

Beautiful property hands down!!!

------------------
Boulder, Colorado ~ United Premier Exec, USAirways Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, American Executive Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion, Continental Gold
Old Jun 10, 2002, 7:15 pm

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
I will try to answer as many questions as possible.

First RSW or NPL (Naples) are the two closest airports. I am a United kid, and there is one flight from ORD (two on weekends) and for now they have gotten rid of flights from IAD. SRA is a little over an hour. TPA is about two. FLL is about two. It is very close to the highway (75) and right off 41.

As far as the beach, it is a correct statement that it is not "right" on the beach, however it has its own private beach, which is AMAZING!!! You have to take a very short boat ride (about 5-10 minutes) across a small bay. It is a wonderful beach right on the gulf. They have beach chairs and everything set up for a nice day at the beach.

I don't happen to be a beach lover. I swam for Purdue, so pools are my big thing...

What else would you like to know???
Old Jun 10, 2002, 7:16 pm

As for upgrading, DEFINITELY!!! They made a BIG deal about my dad and then about me both being Diamonds. We have gotten incredible suites and the RC as well!!!
Old Jun 10, 2002, 7:18 pm

Another exciting thing...DVD players in (every?) room and they give out DVDs.
Old Aug 13, 2002, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat / LT Plat / 3MM, Delta Plat, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Hyatt Coconut Palms in Naples, FL

Excellent new property!

Just finished staying there for business for a week. Took my son and signed him up for camp Hyatt each day which he enjoyed.

The three pools are very nice and the staff is very cordial and helpful.

Tried to get a suite upgrade but as a Platinum could not get one. Told that even Diamonds are now only upgraded to RC and not a suite.

However the difference this time was that the Assistant Manager working the front desk took the time to explain the rules to me and was very cordial the whole time. He had the right attitude and I walked away satisfied with the explanation even though I did not get what I wanted.

I consider that to be great customer service and superior training when I can walk away satisfied while not getting what I want.

I was trying to get a Jr. Executive Suite on the front corner of the building. I did end up with a very nice room with a balcony. Get a room on an odd sized floor. The even numbered floors have no balconies.

The only negative were bugs called "no see ums". They are like mosquitos in that after they take a "bite" out of you it itches. The girl at the pool said they were working on trying to get rid of them. This is not a hotel problem but a general problem in the area.

All in all an excellent stay!

Alfred--
Old Aug 13, 2002, 1:23 pm

Straight from the horses mouth, here is an e-mail from BHH's Dad (aka INDusChairman'sHYDiamond or IndyHyattHopper or something funnier...):

"I saw your message in the webflyer thread.
Here is my/our view of Coconut Point.
I got the $90 rate, too and believe it to be the best value of any Hyatt property currently
Beautiful landscape, many pools (but be careful as little pesty bugs are still biting)
Access to beach by complimentary boat - unique (worth the time just to take the ride)
Superb facility - Spa, exercise room,etc.
The best new Regency Club in the U.S. - food, drink, view, Antonio, the conceige, etc
Am not a golfer myself but did not see many people playing golf, so I bet you can play when you want. Looked like a great course.
Ask for Shane @ Front desk and mention our names.
Hope this info helps"

Old Aug 13, 2002, 1:25 pm

As far as the bug situation goes...the reason we were told last year was the hotel opened on 9-24-2001. The crop dusters were grounded before they were allowed to spray the area. They are definitely really bad and there are areas in the "fun" pool that are completely surrounded by trees...
Old Nov 2, 2003, 7:00 pm

Hyatt Bonita Spring, Florida, Coconut Beach Resort

I would appreicate any comments on this property. If I stay there, I will be using points to upgrade to Regency Club Level and any thoughts on the RC would be appreciated as well. Thank again to all. Terrapin
Old Nov 2, 2003, 7:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
There in August while the RC was closed for whatever reason. Otherwise very well treated as a Diamond with Ocean View room comp upgrade, breakfast, appetizer coupons. Property was new and fabulous. (So you are not suprised, its a boat ride to a private beach; not a beach right on the property).
Old Nov 3, 2003, 3:39 am
Suspended

The Regency Club was open last week, when I was there.Located on floor 17, it is open until 10 p.m.

Appetizers from 5-8 followed by desserts from 8-10.
They had fish and chicken plus a wide variety of cheese, crackers, veggies, dips etc.Alcohol is free of charge.

Breakfast was the usual RC breakfast plus a few extra items, again presented very nicely.
Club is huge with two TV seating areas plus a dozen big tables.

Make sure to ask for a room not facing the south, all those rooms are very noisy, because the architect was smart enough to place two huge ac units on top of the hall that is below the whole southern side of the property.Even on floor 17 and with closed windows there is a lot of noise !!

Beside that it is a nice resort with an upscale Golf Club, they gave us a coupon for the Raptor Bay GC, but it was still $ 50 after 3 p.m. for 9 holes...

Pool area is very nice and as mentioned earlier, you can board the Hyatt boat to be ferried to a private island, cause there is no beach close to the hotel.Boat departs hourly until 4 p.m.
Make sure to bring your own refreshments, there is no shop on the island, but restrooms and the usual beach amenities are available.

Another plus, rooms on the RC floor have DVD players and DVD rentals are included with your resort fee as well as free self parking.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 6:25 am

Just to clarify, to my knowledge all rooms have DVD players not just RC. The RC is one of the best around as is the resort. I love the underground parking-very close in just hop on the elevator on your way to your room.

This is the way all domestic resorts should be- we really enjoy the pool, the spa and the golf club. Decent restaurants too but then again there are a lot of great ones in the Naples area as well.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 9:46 am

Location: Louisville, KY, DL PM-MM, AA PLT, HH DIA, Marriott PLT, Avis CHM, Yada, Yada, Yada
As a Diamond member I was given a room overlooking the pool on the 13th (yes 13th?) floor with access to the RC. Most rooms, including those on RC floor don't overlook the pool and bay. If you like looking at a beautiful sunset I would request a pool side view on a lower floor.
The restaurants are all good, albeit fairly expensive for a FL hotel. The golf course is very nice, a Raymond Floyd design that has no rough or bunkers. I paid $70 for a 12:30 tee time two weeks ago. Enjoy your stay.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 10:00 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Humaniod:

The restaurants are all good, albeit fairly expensive for a FL hotel.
</font>
The restaurants did seem to be a bit on the high side, lunch at the pool was very expensive even by resort standards. The restaurant at the golf course was by far the best value. This seems to be the case at most Resorts with golf courses.

Self-parking is very convenient and free. I was surprised how many people were paying the $15 for valet parking. (I think that was the price.)

We also did their timeshare spiel, and Mrs IK got $100 for the outlet mall down the road.

We were given a Bayview room right outside the RC last Thanksgiving. Overall possibly the best Hyatt Resort in Continetal NA.

[This message has been edited by IK in Seattle (edited 11-09-2003).]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.