Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IIRC, rollaway is allowed in King bedded rooms but not two doubles.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:28 am

Trying to book three nights in March over Spring Break. It looks like they are blocking all requests for less than 5 nights. I am a globalist but guess i will get a condo instead.

I was going to use points.. It looks like the rooms are going for $1800 a night. Who in their right mind would pay that price?
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by JayBird0711
Trying to book three nights in March over Spring Break. It looks like they are blocking all requests for less than 5 nights. I am a globalist but guess i will get a condo instead.

I was going to use points.. It looks like the rooms are going for $1800 a night. Who in their right mind would pay that price?
Book 5 nights have the call center modify to 3
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by JayBird0711
I'd love to know. A lot of high end hotels have doubled or tripled their prices recently... and I just want to know who these people are who are booking at that rate. My hunch is properties were gambling on the return of foreign tourists and are hoping they can cash in on pent up demand.

For this place specifically - I stayed there again this September with a friend who was desperate to return and it's groups. Lots and lots of groups. Weddings, corporate retreats, everything delayed from 2020. It's causing problems since the place is dead mid week, then grossly understaffed on the weekends.

I know it's popular to dump on this place - and I got really sick while there which ruined my trip - but I do wish they'd rebrand this hotel back to a Hyatt Regency (as designed and built) since it's a really, really terrible Park Hyatt. The rooms are small and awful, the bathrooms are smaller, service is ...., amenities are substandard, and whatever decent parts of the hotel - like the restaurant - are struggling at the moment from the swings in occupancy. If they are just going to chase the group money and act like a group focused Hyatt Regency I wish they'd set expectations appropriately.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 12:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drnilescrane
I'd love to know. A lot of high end hotels have doubled or tripled their prices recently... and I just want to know who these people are who are booking at that rate. My hunch is properties were gambling on the return of foreign tourists and are hoping they can cash in on pent up demand.

For this place specifically - I stayed there again this September with a friend who was desperate to return and it's groups. Lots and lots of groups. Weddings, corporate retreats, everything delayed from 2020. It's causing problems since the place is dead mid week, then grossly understaffed on the weekends.

I know it's popular to dump on this place - and I got really sick while there which ruined my trip - but I do wish they'd rebrand this hotel back to a Hyatt Regency (as designed and built) since it's a really, really terrible Park Hyatt. The rooms are small and awful, the bathrooms are smaller, service is ...., amenities are substandard, and whatever decent parts of the hotel - like the restaurant - are struggling at the moment from the swings in occupancy. If they are just going to chase the group money and act like a group focused Hyatt Regency I wish they'd set expectations appropriately.
Hyatt Regency as a Brand just doesn’t have the same air or notoriety of luxury. Hyatt Regency as a brand was and is designed for business travelers.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is very isolated and horrible for business travel. Their busiest season of the year is strictly for leisure (December to March for ski season).

While I do agree it’s not living up to the luxury of Park Hyatt as a brand, I wouldn’t rebrand as a Regency, Centric or Unbound would be much better.

With that being said I don’t see it shaking the Park Hyatt name anytime soon.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Hyatt Regency as a Brand just doesn’t have the same air or notoriety of luxury. Hyatt Regency as a brand was and is designed for business travelers.

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek is very isolated and horrible for business travel. Their busiest season of the year is strictly for leisure (December to March for ski season).

While I do agree it’s not living up to the luxury of Park Hyatt as a brand, I wouldn’t rebrand as a Regency, Centric or Unbound would be much better.

With that being said I don’t see it shaking the Park Hyatt name anytime soon.
It's a group travel and conventions focused brand. There is a difference.

Same thing with Grand Hyatt Vail - it got that brand because it has a giant convention center attached to it. In an ideal world I'd make the Vail property an Unbound and the Beaver Creek property a Grand.

That would probably set expectations more appropriately at both properties. But they wanted to sell Park Hyatt Branded fractional ownerships, so that's why it went from Hyatt Regency to Park Hyatt and they have no incentive to be better.

Last edited by drnilescrane; Dec 17, 2021 at 9:24 am
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:11 pm

Hello! New globalist, got to 50 nights over last 6 months of 2021, and received 2 TSU. Attempted to use it for a points stay next mid-December at Beaver Creek and there is no availability. Just wondering...Was this availability snatched up quickly? Never made available? Just trying to learn for future endeavors.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by Charlie9
Hello! New globalist, got to 50 nights over last 6 months of 2021, and received 2 TSU. Attempted to use it for a points stay next mid-December at Beaver Creek and there is no availability. Just wondering...Was this availability snatched up quickly? Never made available? Just trying to learn for future endeavors.
If there is availability it will show up, and if there's not, there's not. While some hotels might not make suites available these days due to covid under-staffing and extra cleaning required, I can't imagine this particular property doing that. Just search around various dates for their standard suite, and if it's available have your concierge apply the cert.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cubs87
If there is availability it will show up, and if there's not, there's not. While some hotels might not make suites available these days due to covid under-staffing and extra cleaning required, I can't imagine this particular property doing that. Just search around various dates for their standard suite, and if it's available have your concierge apply the cert.
Thanks for the reply. I made the points reservation last month out of fear of availability, but just received the TSU a few days ago. Looks like my mistake was not scoping out dates that not only had reward availability but also suite upgrade availability as well.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Charlie9
Thanks for the reply. I made the points reservation last month out of fear of availability, but just received the TSU a few days ago. Looks like my mistake was not scoping out dates that not only had reward availability but also suite upgrade availability as well.
The only Standard Suite is the Park Fireside Suite.

Ramdomly searched mid-December and it’s available…
Old Jan 3, 2022, 1:43 pm

A quick look around seems their is no fireside suite availability during the 2 week school Christmas break (12/17 - 01/01), which I can understand. Bummer, but lesson learned.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Has anyone stayed here during Omicron? Curious if they are super strict on mask wearing indoors and outside around the firepits, pool, etc. In 2021, they had staff roving around enforcing mask policies, but not sure if that is the case now.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Has anyone stayed here during Omicron? Curious if they are super strict on mask wearing indoors and outside around the firepits, pool, etc. In 2021, they had staff roving around enforcing mask policies, but not sure if that is the case now.
The hotel is not being strict. The ski operations team is being stricter - requiring face coverings for gondola rides, for example. Guests for the most part are following the policy, but during apres ski times in particular, there are a lot of maskless folks indoors hanging around the bar, lobby, and restaurant.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Some observations from a recent visit:

-Staff is woefully undertrained and too few. Restaurant service takes forever, and the front desk is not well-trained on room categories (one person told me that they never sell/assign rooms based on views, but just bed type). Ha! Your website sells mountain, highland and village views.
-Le Labo is out of stock due to Covid shortages, and they are using some awful, off-brand product.
-Prive rates get a bottle of wine as usual, but the gift is just a bag of s'mores (the same free kits from reception that are included in the mandatory resort fee).
-Daily housekeeping is now a perk for elite members.

We've been going there for 20+ years, back when it first opened. Call it Covid or call it just product decline, but it's not the same as before, and certainly not a Park Hyatt standard. With that said, we'll keep going back for the unbeatable location and the memories created there. Probably lots of people like that meaning there is little reason to change.

Side note: Does this hotel give World of Hyatt points for food and beverage? or just food? In the past, I believe they didn't provide points on bar drinks or spa, but not sure if that is still the case. Does anyone know?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Feb 16, 2022 at 11:22 am
Old Feb 14, 2022, 2:49 pm
Original Poster

I stayed there for years and switched to the RC Bachelor Gulch. They both suffer sometimes from service as the employees are largely seasonal and not well trained. RC has a much better hard product and better food. Park Hyatt opened as a Hyatt. They put in new carpeting and called it a Park Hyatt. It is inferior in many ways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.