FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:03 am
drnilescrane

Originally Posted by JayBird0711
I was going to use points.. It looks like the rooms are going for $1800 a night. Who in their right mind would pay that price?
I'd love to know. A lot of high end hotels have doubled or tripled their prices recently... and I just want to know who these people are who are booking at that rate. My hunch is properties were gambling on the return of foreign tourists and are hoping they can cash in on pent up demand.

For this place specifically - I stayed there again this September with a friend who was desperate to return and it's groups. Lots and lots of groups. Weddings, corporate retreats, everything delayed from 2020. It's causing problems since the place is dead mid week, then grossly understaffed on the weekends.

I know it's popular to dump on this place - and I got really sick while there which ruined my trip - but I do wish they'd rebrand this hotel back to a Hyatt Regency (as designed and built) since it's a really, really terrible Park Hyatt. The rooms are small and awful, the bathrooms are smaller, service is ...., amenities are substandard, and whatever decent parts of the hotel - like the restaurant - are struggling at the moment from the swings in occupancy. If they are just going to chase the group money and act like a group focused Hyatt Regency I wish they'd set expectations appropriately.