Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2020, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
Just finished a 5 night stay at this property (my first time at the property). Want to echo all of this and be very clear: this property is nowhere near Park Hyatt standard, and I view this property's value as entirely related to the ski in/ski out location. Also, and please be aware of this: there were *hordes* of small children running around every single public space in this property. It could have been because I was there over President's Day weekend, but if a "relaxing" ski weekend is what you're looking for...look elsewhere. A few additional thoughts:

The Pros: the location is fantastic. I love the ski in/ski out ease, and the proximity to everything in Beaver Creek Village is fantastic. Also love that Beaver Creek Village has several affordable dining options (the best of which was Blue Moose Pizza, by far). Additionally, I thought the staff in the 8101 Restaurant did a great job managing an otherwise hectic environment (more on that below) and the ski valet folks were uniformly helpful and courteous.

The Cons: to start with, and I realize the hotel can't control this, but be aware that this is 80% a family vacation spot. Not a second went by where small children were not running around, causing havoc, or generally making every single public space less relaxing (example - my favorite was watching a 5 year old child touch every single piece of bread at the breakfast buffet). There are no exceptions to this -- the remodeled bar area (very nicely done, btw) was basically a day care facility during apres ski times. Same for breakfast -- my wife and I started ordering in room breakfast rather than deal with romper room in 8101. Again, I realize this is my personal preference, but I want folks to be aware of the crowd here.

In addition, Globalist recognition was generally poor -- example, I got nickled and dimed on breakfast to the point of the hotel charging me a few bucks every day for "overages" on breakfast. When I complained to the front desk during checkout, I was told there was "absolutely nothing they could do" and it was my "fault" for ordering over the limit at breakfast. I complained to the Hyatt social media team afterwards and was apologized to, to the point that a manager called me and said they would immediately be removing these charges. I appreciated that follow-up, but wish that could have occurred on property instead of taking up time days later.

Would I come back? Possibly, but I'd be strategic about aligning it far away from any school break days and less popular ski weekends.
They enforce the 1 entree, 1 coffee, 1 juice rule?
Old Feb 25, 2020, 3:30 pm

I think it's just an overall limit per person (maybe $35, apologies I can't remember).
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelingAssociate
I think it's just an overall limit per person (maybe $35, apologies I can't remember).
What's funny is that I asked this several times, and they said up to $100 limit per room to cover two adults and two children. But, others interpret it as only two buffets (no extra juice or coffee). I am going to fight tooth and nail, if three people on check in confirming $100 limit and then they start only enforcing buffet. Agree on nickel and diming here.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 3:48 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What's funny is that I asked this several times, and they said up to $100 limit per room to cover two adults and two children. But, others interpret it as only two buffets (no extra juice or coffee). I am going to fight tooth and nail, if three people on check in confirming $100 limit and then they start only enforcing buffet. Agree on nickel and diming here.
We were definately over $100 without being charged, but the PH BC is known to limit the benedfits as much as they can, most here probably do remember the $15 BF voucher they used to give out for the cafeteria.

When we last stayed there, the FD claimed, taht there were no suites available until I told them I could book several, then suddenly suites showed up....
Old Mar 3, 2020, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Do the hotel restaurants, bars, and spa earn World of Hyatt credit? I just checked out, and only got credit for room charges, which is ridiculous. All of the outlets are hotel-operated, and there is even World of Hyatt branding in the restaurant. That would be some trick if they denied credit for those charges.
Old May 31, 2020, 2:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I know PH BC is currently closed, but looking forward to later this year.

Question - If you had a $100 Hyatt Prive Credit to use what are the best uses on property? Could this be used on parking??

We have 3 in our party so taking the airport shuttle roundtrip looks like it’d be almost $400? It says Door to Door from Denver Airport $64 per adult. Unclear if it’s one way or Roundtrip but gonna assume its One Way.

Last edited by Matt4200; May 31, 2020 at 2:19 am
Old Oct 10, 2020, 7:57 pm

New Offer very valuable for Non-Globalists under AAA Hot Deal.

From what I’ve seen it’s 20% off the standard rate, along with waived resort fees and complimentary valet parking typically $50 a day each.

Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Matt4200
New Offer very valuable for Non-Globalists under AAA Hot Deal.
From what I’ve seen it’s 20% off the standard rate, along with waived resort fees and complimentary valet parking typically $50 a day each.
Thank you. Is this rate available during ski season (December through March/April)? No Resort or Parking fees, for this hotel we’re talking “real money”.

How and where does one search and book “AAA Hot Deal”? I can see “Edit”, “Corporate or Group Code” and “AAA/CAA Member” on the Search Select Room page. I can also see under “Offers” on the Hyatt home page “AAA Members can save up to 10%”. Google search of "Hyatt AAA Hot Deals" did not reveal anything helpful.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 12, 2020, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Thank you. Is this rate available during ski season (December through March/April)? No Resort or Parking fees, for this hotel we’re talking “real money”.

How and where does one search and book “AAA Hot Deal”? I can see “Edit”, “Corporate or Group Code” and “AAA/CAA Member” on the Search Select Room page. I can also see under “Offers” on the Hyatt home page “AAA Members can save up to 10%”. Google search of "Hyatt AAA Hot Deals" did not reveal anything helpful.

Thanks again.
Looking like only goes through 11/20 when they officially switch to Ski season.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Looking like only goes through 11/20 when they officially switch to Ski season.
Bummer ... but not unexpected. Thank you.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 9:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
I was planning a stay during ski season (to meet up with my cousins who are skiing at Beaver Creek) and have booked a room at the Park Hyatt but based on reviews I will consider alternatives. Any suggestions for better properties in the Beaver Creek or Vail area? I haven’t been there in many years.
Old Oct 18, 2020, 7:58 am
Original Poster

The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch beats the Park Hyatt in every category. The PH originally opened as a Hyatt. They put in some new carpeting, raised the rates and called it a Park Hyatt.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by speedbird001
The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch beats the Park Hyatt in every category. The PH originally opened as a Hyatt. They put in some new carpeting, raised the rates and called it a Park Hyatt.
Originally Posted by Air Houston
I was planning a stay during ski season (to meet up with my cousins who are skiing at Beaver Creek) and have booked a room at the Park Hyatt but based on reviews I will consider alternatives. Any suggestions for better properties in the Beaver Creek or Vail area? I haven’t been there in many years.
Wondering what the negative aspects of PH Beaver Creek would be?

We booked PH because of the Globalist Complimentary Parking and Breakfast along with the likely Suite Upgrade. For our dates the Ritz is a little over 1.5x the price compared to PH. I had the belief that Park Hyatt’s were the most luxurious brand offered by Hyatt, which was another factor in booking with them for a family getaway.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:17 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
We booked PH because of the Globalist Complimentary Parking and Breakfast along with the likely Suite Upgrade. For our dates the Ritz is a little over 1.5x the price compared to PH. I had the belief that Park Hyatt’s were the most luxurious brand offered by Hyatt, which was another factor in booking with them for a family getaway.
If you'll be there during ski season, don't count on a Glob Upgrade to a real suite. If you really want a suite, use points to confirm one of the premium suites if one is available.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:19 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by speedbird001
IMO the difference in locations is the far biggest difference between the two properties. The Ritz Carlton is self-contained and not near anything else, so you are isolated and limited to the outlets that are in the hotel, especially during the ski season after the lifts close at 3:30. To go anywhere else you have to ride a shuttle bus or take your car. And during ski season you are somewhat isolated as well. You have direct access to a single chairlift serving mainly blue terrain. You'll need to shuttle to ski school.

The PH is located slopeside in the center of Beaver Creek village. You have access to all the shops, restaurants, and activities in Beaver Creek Village. You can walk your kids to ski school. You are at the center of the mountain. You can easily come back for lunch or a call.

Those differences are more significant than the room or bedding, IMO. Generally I don't like feeling trapped at only the outlets of my property, I like having options without the hassle of a shuttle or getting my car from valet.

In both cases you can easily get to Avon or Edwards, if you want to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.