FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 19, 2020, 7:19 am
seacarl

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Originally Posted by speedbird001
The Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch beats the Park Hyatt in every category. The PH originally opened as a Hyatt. They put in some new carpeting, raised the rates and called it a Park Hyatt.
IMO the difference in locations is the far biggest difference between the two properties. The Ritz Carlton is self-contained and not near anything else, so you are isolated and limited to the outlets that are in the hotel, especially during the ski season after the lifts close at 3:30. To go anywhere else you have to ride a shuttle bus or take your car. And during ski season you are somewhat isolated as well. You have direct access to a single chairlift serving mainly blue terrain. You'll need to shuttle to ski school.

The PH is located slopeside in the center of Beaver Creek village. You have access to all the shops, restaurants, and activities in Beaver Creek Village. You can walk your kids to ski school. You are at the center of the mountain. You can easily come back for lunch or a call.

Those differences are more significant than the room or bedding, IMO. Generally I don't like feeling trapped at only the outlets of my property, I like having options without the hassle of a shuttle or getting my car from valet.

In both cases you can easily get to Avon or Edwards, if you want to.